Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 214 Guests

Grown men running on the pitch??

This thread currently has 12,232 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
October 11, 2021, 2:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face

That’s me 🙃

It’s pretty easy to stay off the pitch, but got a nudge in the back at first which almost sent me over the shin-height wall & had to steady myself with a foot on the sacred grass. I hope the Stasi agents on here find it within their hearts to forgive me.

For what it’s worth, the fans on the Woking board seemed fairly relaxed about it, took it for what it is which was a fairly muted and proportional celebration that didn’t cause any grief. I can remember endless away teams scoring at BP & spilling over (or usually through) the hoardings, didn’t feel the need to start moralising like some on here and it never made me think of any team as a “backward chav town”. Maybe I’m just not as judgemental as some of the fishy’s finest citizens.

I noticed Waterfall ran over and was pushing the rest of the squad back onto the pitch so as to not get booked, which was nice.

Hahahahaha as if, I did wonder if it was you or not when I was posting that but I just assumed you'd have been in the standing area!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 132
ska face
October 11, 2021, 3:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
haha yeah we started out in the standing area but shuffled round the corner at half time & just spent all the second half sat on that wall chatting to the stewards.

The celebration was an homage to this fella from Everton in 84

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/prgGKM6N/F5-DA065-B-F8-A2-48-D4-AF67-B976-C67-E4-BD2.jpg[/img]

For what it’s worth, the camera does add 10lbs so I could’ve done without the multi-cam coverage this weekend which appears to have had a cumulative affect.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 132
Son of Cod
October 11, 2021, 3:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face
haha yeah we started out in the standing area but shuffled round the corner at half time & just spent all the second half sat on that wall chatting to the stewards.

The celebration was an homage to this fella from Everton in 84

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/prgGKM6N/F5-DA065-B-F8-A2-48-D4-AF67-B976-C67-E4-BD2.jpg[/img]

For what it’s worth, the camera does add 10lbs so I could’ve done without the multi-cam coverage this weekend which appears to have had a cumulative affect.

Hahaha love it. Well, it's god to know that your work didn't go unnoticed then!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 132
MarinerRob
October 11, 2021, 4:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from pizzzza

Because then we'd be in the EFL not bloody non-league

Doh!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 132
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2021, 4:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face

That’s me 🙃

It’s pretty easy to stay off the pitch, but got a nudge in the back at first which almost sent me over the shin-height wall & had to steady myself with a foot on the sacred grass. I hope the Stasi agents on here find it within their hearts to forgive me.

For what it’s worth, the fans on the Woking board seemed fairly relaxed about it, took it for what it is which was a fairly muted and proportional celebration that didn’t cause any grief. I can remember endless away teams scoring at BP & spilling over (or usually through) the hoardings, didn’t feel the need to start moralising like some on here and it never made me think of any team as a “backward chav town”. Maybe I’m just not as judgemental as some of the fishy’s finest citizens.

I noticed Waterfall ran over and was pushing the rest of the squad back onto the pitch so as to not get booked, which was nice.

It’s not the Woking fans that make the decisions though is it about what punishments get dished out.

Plus then there’s the poor buggers whose job it is to get them off the pitch and close the gates again.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 132
aldi_01
October 11, 2021, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be fair I don’t ever really recall a club getting anything other than a fine because a few folk amble on the pitch…

It harms shitall really. Is it right? Probably not? Is it worth the worry and catastrophising? Not really…it happens, at every club, every weekend. Nobody gets hurt and we all go home.

To say it’s the so called ‘stone island’ brigade or people spending the day on yeyo is bizarre too…just because someone doesn’t want to wear something essentially designed for a sportsman when they overweight or somewhat rotund doesn’t make them any more or less of a fan…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 132
TheRealJohnLewis
October 11, 2021, 4:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from aldi_01
To be fair I don’t ever really recall a club getting anything other than a fine because a few folk amble on the pitch…

It harms shitall really. Is it right? Probably not? Is it worth the worry and catastrophising? Not really…it happens, at every club, every weekend. Nobody gets hurt and we all go home.

To say it’s the so called ‘stone island’ brigade or people spending the day on yeyo is bizarre too…just because someone doesn’t want to wear something essentially designed for a sportsman when they overweight or somewhat rotund doesn’t make them any more or less of a fan…

Not all Stone Islanders are Football thugs, but all football thugs wear Stone Island...

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 132
waynegftc
October 11, 2021, 4:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +115
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Not all Stone Islanders are Football thugs, but all football thugs wear Stone Island...

Bolox dat m8, ime a fug n ware lodz of difrunt branz

WAYNEGFTCS AVIN A PARTEE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 132
rancido
October 11, 2021, 4:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01

So you are putting it on par with a "victimless crime".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 132
rancido
October 11, 2021, 4:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from waynegftc

Bolox dat m8, ime a fug n ware lodz of difrunt branz

OMG Wayne is back in circulation!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.