Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: buckstown, October 11, 2021, 1:10pm
I know football is exciting and emotional game and has a big impact on our lives, but I simply don't understand why every time GTFC score we seem to have grown men jumping on the pitch. Both home and away, look at the highlights and every time, there are town fans jumping over barriers.
It's illegal and must give a negative impression of our town and what are  basically amazing supporters.
I could understand it if it was the odd kid who didn't know better, but we're talking grown men here. Please have a look at yourselves!!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 11, 2021, 1:23pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from buckstown
I know football is exciting and emotional game and has a big impact on our lives, but I simply don't understand why every time GTFC score we seem to have grown men jumping on the pitch. Both home and away, look at the highlights and every time, there are town fans jumping over barriers.
It's illegal and must give a negative impression of our town and what are  basically amazing supporters.
I could understand it if it was the odd kid who didn't know better, but we're talking grown men here. Please have a look at yourselves!!

It is the only negative at the moment and such a shame. We are doing brilliantly and it is galling to have to mention it, but before too long the club will be reprimanded or worse. It is illegal as you say and to me it looks so tinpot - like those scenes in the '70s where a non-league side scored against league opposition.

The club ought to put a stop to it before it escalates.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 11, 2021, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
There was one bald headed bloke on Saturday who piled in to the melee bursting through the gate. He then went back to his small son. Well done that man.
Posted by: rancido, October 11, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 3
Bring on the clowns, which is what they are!
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 11, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 4
It tends to be the younger generation finding it difficult to hold the emotion of sheer ecstasy when Town score a very late winner in an important game.
I was there and I’d be on the pitch myself  if it wasn’t for my back and dodgy knee, there was nothing violent about it just sheer exuberance, fans wanting to celebrate with their players for their team, no problem with that at all
Posted by: Kris2, October 11, 2021, 1:31pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from buckstown

It's always the ones who look like they haven't moved on from the 90's too when it comes to fashion sense, just makes us look like a backwards chav town. If you must flirt with the idea of getting a fine and/or a ban can you at least not dress like you're at an under 18's disco in Meggies circa 1997.  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 11, 2021, 1:31pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Sussexmariner
It tends to be the younger generation finding it difficult to hold the emotion of sheer ecstasy when Town score a very late winner in an important game.
I was there and I’d be on the pitch myself  if it wasn’t for my back and dodgy knee, there was nothing violent about it just sheer exuberance, fans wanting to celebrate with their players for their team, no problem with that at all

Adults are expected to be able to control themselves. Being emotional doesn’t give you licence to ignore the rules.

Apart from which it could end up costing the club and innocent supporters could be penalised. We’re trying to get away from supporters being treated like shït. Behaviour like that doesn’t help.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 11, 2021, 1:33pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from buckstown

It baffles me that some people think it's ok.

We sit here complaining about the number of games being moved due to police advice and clubs restricting our followings but then when you see this happening, it's not really a surprise is it?

Some people say it's ok because it's only a few fans. So what happens next week when a few others decide to do it? Before you know it, you have a significant number of fans running onto the pitch.

It's an illegal act therefore it's not ok. If you are someone that can't stay behind a barrier, sit or stand further away.
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 11, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 8
On the subject of celebration, I very much enjoyed this guy's fist pumping...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/GctTxb1/2021-10-11-13-38-13.png[/img]
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 11, 2021, 2:03pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from buckstown

They are so off their heads on coke and drink that they have no control and they are the ones who never wear football tops only Burberry and Stone Island.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 11, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Son of Cod

I bet he spends a lot of time pumping his fist.
Posted by: quebec38, October 11, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Son of Cod

Extra points for socially distanced fist pumping too. Well done that man.
Posted by: MarinerRob, October 11, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 12
there was nothing violent about it just sheer exuberance, fans wanting to celebrate with their players for their team, no problem with that at all

Whilst there may be nothing violant about it and I understand the sheer exuberance when we score, especially late on against a very good side, the fact it is against the law and it's possible than Town could be penalised because of it. And there is no guarantee that the EFL won't make an example of us and deduct us points. And nobody want that at Town.

Posted by: Son of Cod, October 11, 2021, 2:27pm; Reply: 13

I bet he spends a lot of time pumping his fist.

Haha I definitely thought I was in for a "NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE ENJOYED A GUY's FIST PUMPING" so thanks for defusing that situation.

Quoted from quebec38

Extra points for socially distanced fist pumping too. Well done that man.

I like the bit when he steps over the board and realises he shouldn't be doing it and steps back immediately.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 11, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 14
[quote=140327]
Haha I definitely thought I was in for a "NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE ENJOYED A GUY's FIST PUMPING" so thanks for defusing that situation.

B*gger, that would have been much better. Missed an opportunity there.....

Posted by: promotion plaice, October 11, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 15

Grown men running on the pitch??

On a lighter note it did remind me of this  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wdBCp6l_o
Posted by: pizzzza, October 11, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MarinerRob

And there is no guarantee that the EFL won't make an example of us and deduct us points. And nobody want that at Town.

I'd be more than happy if we were in a position for the EFL to be able to make an example of us...
Posted by: ska face, October 11, 2021, 2:48pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Son of Cod

That’s me 🙃

It’s pretty easy to stay off the pitch, but got a nudge in the back at first which almost sent me over the shin-height wall & had to steady myself with a foot on the sacred grass. I hope the Stasi agents on here find it within their hearts to forgive me.

For what it’s worth, the fans on the Woking board seemed fairly relaxed about it, took it for what it is which was a fairly muted and proportional celebration that didn’t cause any grief. I can remember endless away teams scoring at BP & spilling over (or usually through) the hoardings, didn’t feel the need to start moralising like some on here and it never made me think of any team as a “backward chav town”. Maybe I’m just not as judgemental as some of the fishy’s finest citizens.

I noticed Waterfall ran over and was pushing the rest of the squad back onto the pitch so as to not get booked, which was nice.
Posted by: MarinerRob, October 11, 2021, 2:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from pizzzza

I'd be more than happy if we were in a position for the EFL to be able to make an example of us...

I find that statement hard to understand. Why would any Town fan be happy for the EFL to make an example of Town?

Posted by: pizzzza, October 11, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MarinerRob

I find that statement hard to understand. Why would any Town fan be happy for the EFL to make an example of Town?

Because then we'd be in the EFL not bloody non-league
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 11, 2021, 2:59pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ska face

That’s me 🙃

It’s pretty easy to stay off the pitch, but got a nudge in the back at first which almost sent me over the shin-height wall & had to steady myself with a foot on the sacred grass. I hope the Stasi agents on here find it within their hearts to forgive me.

For what it’s worth, the fans on the Woking board seemed fairly relaxed about it, took it for what it is which was a fairly muted and proportional celebration that didn’t cause any grief. I can remember endless away teams scoring at BP & spilling over (or usually through) the hoardings, didn’t feel the need to start moralising like some on here and it never made me think of any team as a “backward chav town”. Maybe I’m just not as judgemental as some of the fishy’s finest citizens.

I noticed Waterfall ran over and was pushing the rest of the squad back onto the pitch so as to not get booked, which was nice.

Hahahahaha as if, I did wonder if it was you or not when I was posting that but I just assumed you'd have been in the standing area!
Posted by: ska face, October 11, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 21
haha yeah we started out in the standing area but shuffled round the corner at half time & just spent all the second half sat on that wall chatting to the stewards.

The celebration was an homage to this fella from Everton in 84

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/prgGKM6N/F5-DA065-B-F8-A2-48-D4-AF67-B976-C67-E4-BD2.jpg[/img]

For what it’s worth, the camera does add 10lbs so I could’ve done without the multi-cam coverage this weekend which appears to have had a cumulative affect.
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 11, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ska face
haha yeah we started out in the standing area but shuffled round the corner at half time & just spent all the second half sat on that wall chatting to the stewards.

The celebration was an homage to this fella from Everton in 84

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/prgGKM6N/F5-DA065-B-F8-A2-48-D4-AF67-B976-C67-E4-BD2.jpg[/img]

For what it’s worth, the camera does add 10lbs so I could’ve done without the multi-cam coverage this weekend which appears to have had a cumulative affect.

Hahaha love it. Well, it's god to know that your work didn't go unnoticed then!
Posted by: MarinerRob, October 11, 2021, 4:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from pizzzza

Because then we'd be in the EFL not bloody non-league

Doh!

Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 11, 2021, 4:04pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face

That’s me 🙃

It’s not the Woking fans that make the decisions though is it about what punishments get dished out.

Plus then there’s the poor buggers whose job it is to get them off the pitch and close the gates again.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 11, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 25
To be fair I don’t ever really recall a club getting anything other than a fine because a few folk amble on the pitch…

It harms shitall really. Is it right? Probably not? Is it worth the worry and catastrophising? Not really…it happens, at every club, every weekend. Nobody gets hurt and we all go home.

To say it’s the so called ‘stone island’ brigade or people spending the day on yeyo is bizarre too…just because someone doesn’t want to wear something essentially designed for a sportsman when they overweight or somewhat rotund doesn’t make them any more or less of a fan…
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 11, 2021, 4:37pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from aldi_01
To be fair I don’t ever really recall a club getting anything other than a fine because a few folk amble on the pitch…

It harms shitall really. Is it right? Probably not? Is it worth the worry and catastrophising? Not really…it happens, at every club, every weekend. Nobody gets hurt and we all go home.

To say it’s the so called ‘stone island’ brigade or people spending the day on yeyo is bizarre too…just because someone doesn’t want to wear something essentially designed for a sportsman when they overweight or somewhat rotund doesn’t make them any more or less of a fan…

Not all Stone Islanders are Football thugs, but all football thugs wear Stone Island...

Posted by: waynegftc, October 11, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Not all Stone Islanders are Football thugs, but all football thugs wear Stone Island...

Bolox dat m8, ime a fug n ware lodz of difrunt branz
Posted by: rancido, October 11, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from aldi_01

So you are putting it on par with a "victimless crime".
Posted by: rancido, October 11, 2021, 4:44pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from waynegftc

OMG Wayne is back in circulation!!!
Posted by: Mariner_501, October 11, 2021, 4:49pm; Reply: 30
We are so good at football that we have nothing else to moan about. Long may it continue UTM
Posted by: aldi_01, October 11, 2021, 5:02pm; Reply: 31

What an odd view point…
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 11, 2021, 5:31pm; Reply: 32

GTFC make another appeal to our supporters...

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/an-appeal-to-our-supporters/
Posted by: forza ivano, October 11, 2021, 6:05pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from waynegftc

great to see the return of the Fishy's most respected, incisive and erudite poster
Gold star from me for your fascinating insight

Luvlee 2 ave u bak Waynes
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 11, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from aldi_01

Read the statement from the club. That explains it succinctly enough.

It’s pretty childish saying ‘but they did it too’. I’m sure you found that argument never worked growing up.

Now I know misbehaviour by a few shouldn’t mean that the majority gets punished, and I’m dead against that, but in the real world that’s what happens.

It’s a right ballache trying to get a ticket if the home club cuts our allocation because we have a few idiots who think they’ve got a God-given right to jump on the pitch. It wasn’t that long ago that Bromley were only going to give us 400 tickets.
Posted by: buckstown, October 11, 2021, 6:46pm; Reply: 35
Being a saddo with a bad back I watched the highlights from Southend/Chesterfield and Stockport/Aldershot this afternoon. Nobody on the pitch other than players
Also went to Spurs/Chelsea recently and not a single fan on the pitch. It's not every club every weekend
Posted by: ska face, October 11, 2021, 6:51pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from buckstown
Being a saddo with a bad back I watched the highlights from Southend/Chesterfield and Stockport/Aldershot this afternoon. Nobody on the pitch other than players

errr this Southend/Chesterfield match?

https://mobile.twitter.com/_TJStone/status/1446862682120933378
Posted by: aldi_01, October 11, 2021, 6:54pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ska face

Oh intercourse off will ya, you’re ruining the narrative…
Posted by: buckstown, October 11, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 38
Think that's a slightly different agenda! Not a celebration unless they'd just heard the orange one was departing
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 11, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 39
If it happens again no doubt the club will up the ante and say that anyone on the pitch will automatically be banned home and away which will be a great shame for the individuals concerned, and not what we need just when things are going so well.

We all love to see the scenes of great joy following an important goal but fans on the pitch is a complete no-no in professional football. I would even be banned from watching my grandson play if I kept celebrating on the field of play at under 11 level!
Posted by: Ipswin, October 11, 2021, 7:08pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from buckstown
[/b]

Southend v Chesterfield there were more fans on the pitch than players FFS. Obviously they didn't put them in the highlights,  A steward 'helping' a middle aged 'fan' back behind the barriers watched him trip and fall backwards onto concrete 4-5 feet below causing head injuries
Posted by: gobby, October 11, 2021, 7:15pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from aldi_01

I remember a young Aldi having to be dragged back from running on the pitch to have a pop at the Referee! Doncaster v Town, League Cup 2003. Referee……….Carl Boyeson! And it was a group of local Referees that dragged you back. 🤣🤣🤣🤣😎
UTMM
Posted by: aldi_01, October 11, 2021, 7:31pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from gobby

I remember a young Aldi having to be dragged back from running on the pitch to have a pop at the Referee! Doncaster v Town, League Cup 2003. Referee……….Carl Boyeson! And it was a group of local Referees that dragged you back. 🤣🤣🤣🤣😎
UTMM

Agreed…and i certainly did have stone island on that day…
Posted by: AlwaysHaddock1878, October 11, 2021, 8:15pm; Reply: 43
Some of these comments on here are incredibly embarrassing.

Yes going on the pitch is wrong (personally I don’t understand it - never have, never will) but the way some of you are going on about it you’d think they’d murdered one of your family.

Good statement from the board but let’s move on and let the relevant authorities deal with the punishments instead of biitching like school children.

Why undo the hard work of the board of unifying the fan base over a harmless (albeit stupid and unnecessary) outpouring of emotion.

UTM!
Posted by: ginnywings, October 11, 2021, 8:47pm; Reply: 44
I'm not one for running onto the pitch, or anything too demonstrative really, but I can sort of understand people getting excited at last minute winners against in form sides.

It's been a while...
Posted by: Meza, October 11, 2021, 8:48pm; Reply: 45
Wasn't there a flare also thrown on the pitch ?
Posted by: Davec, October 11, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 46
I have never ran on the pitch when a goal is scored, I have in the past at the full time whistle when everybody else has for example Braintree away in the play offs.

At a home game earlier this season I noticed a mate of mine encroach onto the pitch following a goal being scored, it was out of passion and excitement, do I think my mate is a hooligan for this? No I don't, he's just a passionate Grimsby fan, he caused no malice he just got carried away.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 11, 2021, 9:14pm; Reply: 47
I remember this absolute nob run on the pitch in a suit at Bournemouth once.
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 11, 2021, 9:15pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Davec
I have never ran on the pitch when a goal is scored, I have in the past at the full time whistle when everybody else has for example Braintree away in the play offs.

At a home game earlier this season I noticed a mate of mine encroach onto the pitch following a goal being scored, it was out of passion and excitement, do I think my mate is a hooligan for this? No I don't, he's just a passionate Grimsby fan, he caused no malice he just got carried away.

Hmmm... I don't want to over-the-too moralise over it, its not hooliganism - its pretty daft and harmless - but it does cause headaches for the club and risk fines, and it is unnecessary and entirely avoidable.

I also think that as excitable as we can all be, you can exercise impulse control and jump around behind the advertising boards instead.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 11, 2021, 10:52pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from aldi_01

Not sure if you are deliberately trying to make yourself look a twit but it is a criminal offence under The Football (Offences) Act 1991.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 11, 2021, 10:58pm; Reply: 50
Listening to Stockwoods Humberside interview, we are apparently negotiating how much we are going to pay Altrincham to repair their goal after all the idiots constantly pulling on it, so thats going to be a few quid down the drain that could have been spent on our club, personally think any adult that feels the need to do things like these are just immature dimwits who would be better off attending primary school rather than a football match
Posted by: rancido, October 11, 2021, 11:03pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure if you are deliberately trying to make yourself look a twit but it is a criminal offence under The Football (Offences) Act 1991.

Ah but judging by some of the comments from certain posters Criminal Offences can be selective . If they personally don't agree with the offence then it doesn't matter.
Posted by: DanishMariner, October 11, 2021, 11:05pm; Reply: 52

Just show the passion of our supporters and as everyone can see there’s no aggression in it, having said that we don’t want the Club to get in any trouble so try to stay on the right side of the fence  8)
Posted by: Jaws, October 11, 2021, 11:17pm; Reply: 53
I honestly think it ruins the moment ever so slightly to see a handful of random blokes running and hugging with the players with someone in a high viz running after them. Certainly spoils the photos.

Funny how all the women and children can control their excitement enough and refrain from climbing onto the pitch but grown men can't.

Ironically they climb over the hoardings which state it is a criminal offence whenever it happens from the Pontoon!

Very difficult to resolve as I think some will continue to do it until the club or themselves receive a disproportionate punishment that is well over the top but not sure what else can be done to prevent it getting to this stage.
Posted by: Grantley, October 12, 2021, 12:08am; Reply: 54
If I am having to pay for other people making a plank out of themselves (whether it’s morally wrong or not is debatable, the rules ARE the rules) then I want to know their exact reasons for doing it. What dimwit actually enjoys playing with a football net?
Posted by: lukeo, October 12, 2021, 5:06am; Reply: 55
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Listening to Stockwoods Humberside interview, we are apparently negotiating how much we are going to pay Altrincham to repair their goal after all the idiots constantly pulling on it, so thats going to be a few quid down the drain that could have been spent on our club, personally think any adult that feels the need to do things like these are just immature dimwits who would be better off attending primary school rather than a football match

Massive insult that mate.. To primary schools. They need banning if it continues, simple as that.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 12, 2021, 5:38am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Jaws
I honestly think it ruins the moment ever so slightly to see a handful of random blokes running and hugging with the players with someone in a high viz running after them. Certainly spoils the photos.

Funny how all the women and children can control their excitement enough and refrain from climbing onto the pitch but grown men can't.

Ironically they climb over the hoardings which state it is a criminal offence whenever it happens from the Pontoon!

Very difficult to resolve as I think some will continue to do it until the club or themselves receive a disproportionate punishment that is well over the top but not sure what else can be done to prevent it getting to this stage.

Yet one of the most serious criminal offences caused at BP in the last few years was committed by a woman…
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 12, 2021, 8:00am; Reply: 57
Quoted from MarinerWY

Hmmm... I don't want to over-the-too moralise over it, its not hooliganism - its pretty daft and harmless - but it does cause headaches for the club and risk fines, and it is unnecessary and entirely avoidable.

I also think that as excitable as we can all be, you can exercise impulse control and jump around behind the advertising boards instead.

If it looks like a hooligan, smells of stale beer and urine like a hooligan...
Posted by: Kris2, October 12, 2021, 8:07am; Reply: 58
Quoted from Davec

You can kinda understand if the club just won the playoffs or the league. Never quite got the tradition of the last home game to celebrate being relegated or barely surviving in the league. Hooligan is a strong word for these people, attention seekers is more apt. If real hooligans showed up to a game and kicked off they'd be the first to urine their pants.

Our ultras couldn't even handle one random old head at Gateshead shouting at them, blue jacket squared up then bottled it lol. https://youtu.be/YwdA8pkU9F4
Posted by: supertown, October 12, 2021, 8:24am; Reply: 59
It’s a criminal offence and embarrassing. I don’t buy into this emotional nonsense. It’s all pretty much premeditated. The ones that do it know they are going to do it, given the opportunity.
Posted by: It Bites, October 12, 2021, 8:32am; Reply: 60
These are are same simpletons that will be the first to slag the team off when we lose a few games . Even the Woking fans were embarrassed by some of our fans behaviour . I'm guessing these "fans" are the same morons that get over excited at junior football
Posted by: DB, October 12, 2021, 1:23pm; Reply: 61
It all started decades ago when tv was black and white. Match of the Day showed Millwall fans ' invading the pitch' ( that was the description ). The FA did nothing and it was treated with contempt for the following 6 days.

The following Saturday it happened at 2/3 other games and spread like wildfire. It hasn't really stopped and I don't think it ever will; look at Southend fans protesting the other week. I personally don't like the idea, never have and never will, but the real culprits, Millwall fans!, got away with it as the others who immediately followed did.

The players rightly so go to the fans when they score and the fans must learn not to cross the boundary onto the pitch; beit advertising boards or small fences.
Posted by: livvo, October 12, 2021, 1:38pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from supertown
It’s a criminal offence and embarrassing. I don’t buy into this emotional nonsense. It’s all pretty much premeditated. The ones that do it know they are going to do it, given the opportunity.

Some member head actually moved a wheel bin from up against the hoarding so he could jump on the pitch at Alty. Just before Hunt's free kick towards the end. Same lad had already been on the pitch twice. Not passion or excitement, premeditated idiocy.

Posted by: Mayaman, October 12, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 63
What happened on Saturday seems harmless enough but as more of the fair weather fans (probably) jump on the bandwagon then it can easily get out of hand.  If someone swings for a steward then all hell could break loose.  There's no need for it.
Posted by: OneLove, October 12, 2021, 5:55pm; Reply: 64
its hardly crime of the century is it, carnt see what the big problem is as long as its not involving any malice. So I ask the question do you all disagree with a pitch invasion if we got promoted or stayed up? How I look at it is, paying fans causing no hassle just showing their emotion and congratulating players.
Posted by: barrattstandman, October 12, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from OneLove
its hardly crime of the century is it, carnt see what the big problem is as long as its not involving any malice. So I ask the question do you all disagree with a pitch invasion if we got promoted or stayed up? How I look at it is, paying fans causing no hassle just showing their emotion and congratulating players.

What part of its illegal don't you understand .
Posted by: aldi_01, October 12, 2021, 9:57pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from barrattstandman

What part of its illegal don't you understand .

Just because something is illegal doesn’t really mean it’s needs the Whitehouse brigade to get all high and mighty on here…

Driving like a lunatic is dangerous, speeding and reckless over taking is illegal but happens on my way to work every morning…that can kill people…running on a pitch, as daft as it may seem, isn’t going to kill anyone…
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 12, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 67

If it looks like a hooligan, smells of stale beer and urine like a hooligan...

Don't get me wrong it's pathetic that grown men can't control themselves, but jumping up and down in celebration on the pitch is not hooliganism. It's illegal, and given the potential consequences for the club, pretty indefensible, but it's not hooliganism.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 12, 2021, 11:39pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from OneLove

How many fans jumping onto the pitch is acceptable in your mind? If you condone a few then slowly more people begin to do it and it becomes a huge problem.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 13, 2021, 6:01am; Reply: 69
Quoted from jamesgtfc

How many fans jumping onto the pitch is acceptable in your mind? If you condone a few then slowly more people begin to do it and it becomes a huge problem.

But then you have the debate on how to actually deal with it…this is a small incident being turned in to a full scale riot.

I’d argue banning orders don’t work (few punitive measures do) so what’s the solution…you also couple that with some heavy handed police work in certain situations and the whole thing becomes a pressure cooker.

They run on, the jump up and down, they dive back in. Less then 30 seconds, no harm done, the end.
Posted by: OneLove, October 13, 2021, 7:14am; Reply: 70
Quoted from aldi_01

But then you have the debate on how to actually deal with it…this is a small incident being turned in to a full scale riot.

I’d argue banning orders don’t work (few punitive measures do) so what’s the solution…you also couple that with some heavy handed police work in certain situations and the whole thing becomes a pressure cooker.

They run on, the jump up and down, they dive back in. Less then 30 seconds, no harm done, the end.

exactly aldi, like I say its hardly crime of the century is it a few people buzzing and jumping on to congratulate the players, no harm done at all but the fickle people of the fishy turn anything into a massacre, yes its illegal and fully understand that but for me its one of the pettiest of crimes and the outcome possible ban, fine and exclusion order within radius of the ground is ridiculous punishment in comparison to 'real' criminality.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 13, 2021, 7:17am; Reply: 71
Quoted from OneLove

exactly aldi, like I say its hardly crime of the century is it a few people buzzing and jumping on to congratulate the players, no harm done at all but the fickle people of the fishy turn anything into a massacre, yes its illegal and fully understand that but for me its one of the pettiest of crimes and the outcome possible ban, fine and exclusion order within radius of the ground is ridiculous punishment in comparison to 'real' criminality.

So how many people are allowed on the pitch until it becomes a problem?
Posted by: OneLove, October 13, 2021, 7:32am; Reply: 72
Quoted from jamesgtfc

So how many people are allowed on the pitch until it becomes a problem?

none because its illegal but my point is I carnt see a problem with celebrating with players, there is literally zero harm being caused!

So answer this, last game of the season town get promoted and everyone runs on the pitch like against notts county what would your opinion be on that is everyones a male private for doing it, celebrating promotion or staying up.
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 13, 2021, 7:49am; Reply: 73
I wonder how many people on here claiming it’s all harmless will be complaining about the police et al when we have a kick off moved to 12.30 which is very inconvenient for not just them but all concerned.

Look at the club statement, even when a few people do this it goes towards the police making an excuse to bring forward kick offs.

If you condone it then don’t complain when there are consequences.

UTFM
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 13, 2021, 7:56am; Reply: 74
Quoted from OneLove

none because its illegal but my point is I carnt see a problem with celebrating with players, there is literally zero harm being caused!

So answer this, last game of the season town get promoted and everyone runs on the pitch like against notts county what would your opinion be on that is everyones a male private for doing it, celebrating promotion or staying up.

None are allowed on the pitch until it becomes a problem, so you've just confirmed it is a problem.

Pitch invasions have previously prevented players doing laps of honour. Thousands of people running onto the pitch must be scary for the people on there too.

How long until a nutter gets onto the pitch?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 13, 2021, 8:08am; Reply: 75
Quoted from MarinerWY

Don't get me wrong it's pathetic that grown men can't control themselves, but jumping up and down in celebration on the pitch is not hooliganism. It's illegal, and given the potential consequences for the club, pretty indefensible, but it's not hooliganism.

Football hooliganism constitutes violent or belligerent behaviour perpetrated by spectators at association football events.

Posted by: It Bites, October 13, 2021, 8:11am; Reply: 76
It's illegal ffs. I bet the people arguing for fans running on the pitch are the ones that moan when they get a speeding ticket
Posted by: ska face, October 13, 2021, 9:17am; Reply: 77
Quoted from Posh Harry
I wonder how many people on here claiming it’s all harmless will be complaining about the police et al when we have a kick off moved to 12.30 which is very inconvenient for not just them but all concerned.

Look at the club statement, even when a few people do this it goes towards the police making an excuse to bring forward kick offs.

If you condone it then don’t complain when there are consequences.

UTFM

Police will move kick offs whenever they fancy it based on the flimsiest of evidence or intelligence, historical factors that are 20/30/40 years out of date and when they can’t find a justification, they’ll just completely fabricate something (like Chesterfield a few years back). As for making it harder for the club to argue against, I’d like to see them try for once!

This whole thread, which has dragged on for half a week now, demonstrates why it’s so easy for football fans to have their rights taken away, en masse, and face poor treatment at the hands of the police - because people will justify anything if they think they’re better than the those they’re calling for action against. The thread’s been an illuminating, if depressing, exercise in dehumanising language, stereotyping, straw-man arguments and a weird form of classism.

Some seem to be justifying their abuse by stating it’s illegal to be on the pitch. Being drunk in a football ground is also illegal, but we have a thread on here every week talking about which pubs to visit. Should we start hammering everyone posting in there? I’d imagine almost everyone on here is guilty of that. Last year standing outside with 2 other people was illegal. If you think you can justify abusing people based on what’s legal or illegal this week or next, you’re on a slippery slope.

Nobody’s said pitch encroachment is fine, but people have asked for a bit more of a proportional response rather than the sentences being handed down from the Fishy kangaroo court where everyone who brushes a blade of grass shall be hung, drawn and quartered. Some of the strawman arguments on here are laughable - it’s some reach to go from someone being on the pitch (for 5 seconds, by about 2ft) to then “swinging for a steward” or “a nutter” getting on the pitch. Also saying “if one person does it, everyone will do it” sounds like the kind of argument you’d have with a 2-year-old. It’s an offence if one person or a thousand do it - it’s up to the authorities to police it and charge people if they want, it doesn’t become less of offence through the number of people doing it.

A lot of the behaviour - pulling nets, giving grief to stewards or club staff - is embarrassing and reminds me of that bullying attitude FC Utd had when they first started out and had stands full of Man Utd fans. But it would be a lot easier to weed that out if the reaction to every little infringement wasn’t the “shoot them and drown their kids” we get on here.
Posted by: EvilFish, October 13, 2021, 9:26am; Reply: 78
I think Ska Face has this spot on. It's about a proportional response.

A little over exuberance and spilling temporarily onto the side of the pitch, jumping about for a few seconds, and then going back may technically be illegal, but it's a minor infraction.

Deliberately damaging the ground in whatever way is criminal damage, it also shows a distinct lack of class. That should be punished.

Actually crossing the white line onto the pitch should be punishable also. Although even that is about context - as others have pointed out, a full-scale end of season pitch invasion to celebrate promotion has no malice in it and should be taken in that context.

What I personally don't like to see is fans running on the pitching and running up to join the huddle of players in celebration. It's the players' celebration as a team - you aren't part of that team. So celebrate it with other fans, but not with the players - that's not your place and is out of order.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 13, 2021, 9:38am; Reply: 79
Quoted from EvilFish

A little over exuberance and spilling temporarily onto the side of the pitch, jumping about for a few seconds, and then going back may technically be illegal, but it's a minor infraction.

Deliberately damaging the ground in whatever way is criminal damage, it also shows a distinct lack of class. That should be punished.

Actually crossing the white line onto the pitch should be punishable also. Although even that is about context - as others have pointed out, a full-scale end of season pitch invasion to celebrate promotion has no malice in it and should be taken in that context.

What I personally don't like to see is fans running on the pitching and running up to join the huddle of players in celebration. It's the players' celebration as a team - you aren't part of that team. So celebrate it with other fans, but not with the players - that's not your place and is out of order.

You have contradicted yourself there haven't you? We should indeed celebrate with other fans - on our side of the barriers.  It is totally wrong for spectators to be on the field of play - ie over the barriers- for all sorts of reasons. There was a scourge of this sort of thing with football and cricket but that was decades ago. Let's not give people any more stick to beat the name of Grimsby with.
Posted by: Croxton, October 13, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 80
Quoted from EvilFish

All very reasonable, especially your last point. We have been asked, however, to obey stadium rules both home and away so that the club are not punished and more fixtures moved. It has been hugely inconvenient already to have so many changes to kick off on top of TV demands. It impacts fans, players and non playing staff, We all gain by being that bit more considerate and aware of others even when jubilant at 'one of our own' scoring the winner.

Credit to Ska Face for owning his celebration. We can all identify with that. The conduct of those fans behind the goal at Altrincham would have seen a strong response from Police and stewards at Mansfield and County. The Pyros caused several of us oldies to cough and splutter. Why should I have to stand near the corner flag to breathe clean air?

A 'proportional' response would be to stop the game while the smoke clears and a final warning issued by the ref. We want Macca to be treated with respect by opposing fans so leave the goalie and goal alone.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 13, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 81
Quoted from ska face

Police will move kick offs whenever they fancy it based on the flimsiest of evidence or intelligence, historical factors that are 20/30/40 years out of date and when they can’t find a justification, they’ll just completely fabricate something (like Chesterfield a few years back). As for making it harder for the club to argue against, I’d like to see them try for once!

This whole thread, which has dragged on for half a week now, demonstrates why it’s so easy for football fans to have their rights taken away, en masse, and face poor treatment at the hands of the police - because people will justify anything if they think they’re better than the those they’re calling for action against. The thread’s been an illuminating, if depressing, exercise in dehumanising language, stereotyping, straw-man arguments and a weird form of classism.

Some seem to be justifying their abuse by stating it’s illegal to be on the pitch. Being drunk in a football ground is also illegal, but we have a thread on here every week talking about which pubs to visit. Should we start hammering everyone posting in there? I’d imagine almost everyone on here is guilty of that. Last year standing outside with 2 other people was illegal. If you think you can justify abusing people based on what’s legal or illegal this week or next, you’re on a slippery slope.

Nobody’s said pitch encroachment is fine, but people have asked for a bit more of a proportional response rather than the sentences being handed down from the Fishy kangaroo court where everyone who brushes a blade of grass shall be hung, drawn and quartered. Some of the strawman arguments on here are laughable - it’s some reach to go from someone being on the pitch (for 5 seconds, by about 2ft) to then “swinging for a steward” or “a nutter” getting on the pitch. Also saying “if one person does it, everyone will do it” sounds like the kind of argument you’d have with a 2-year-old. It’s an offence if one person or a thousand do it - it’s up to the authorities to police it and charge people if they want, it doesn’t become less of offence through the number of people doing it.

A lot of the behaviour - pulling nets, giving grief to stewards or club staff - is embarrassing and reminds me of that bullying attitude FC Utd had when they first started out and had stands full of Man Utd fans. But it would be a lot easier to weed that out if the reaction to every little infringement wasn’t the “shoot them and drown their kids” we get on here.

If it's proportional to be ok with a few people going onto the pitch then more will go on and then before you know it, it's dozens.

We are now having to pay to repair the Altrincham net. If fans just stayed behind a barrier and didn't set off flares, we wouldn't have this unnecessary expense.

Next time it happens, I think the statement from the club won't be as nice.
Posted by: ska face, October 13, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 82
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If it's proportional to be ok with a few people going onto the pitch then more will go on and then before you know it, it's dozens.

Just doesn’t stack up as an argument, there’s no evidence for it. People have been doing it for years, as long as I can remember, and it’s never been more than a slack handful - other than when we beat Barnet at home in 2010 and scored the winner at Braintree in 2016.
Posted by: EvilFish, October 13, 2021, 11:57am; Reply: 83

You have contradicted yourself there haven't you? We should indeed celebrate with other fans - on our side of the barriers.  It is totally wrong for spectators to be on the field of play - ie over the barriers- for all sorts of reasons. There was a scourge of this sort of thing with football and cricket but that was decades ago. Let's not give people any more stick to beat the name of Grimsby with.

Not really. I'm talking about people "spilling" onto the edge of the pitch, rather than a pre-meditated decision to go onto the pitch. I admit there's a fine line there, but there's still a line. Which is why - legally and personally - our attitude to that should be proportionate.

At some grounds it would actually be quite easy to be 'shoved' onto the pitch mid-celebration, and if you then continued your jumping around on the edge of the pitch for 30 seconds and then went back to your seat, I can understand that in the heat of the moment.

If you're charging onto the actual pitch to jump around with the players, that's a totally different thing to me. That might still be 'heat of the moment' but I would argue there's still a thought process there, no matter how short that thinking is.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 13, 2021, 12:05pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from EvilFish

Not really. I'm talking about people "spilling" onto the edge of the pitch, rather than a pre-meditated decision to go onto the pitch. I admit there's a fine line there, but there's still a line. Which is why - legally and personally - our attitude to that should be proportionate.

At some grounds it would actually be quite easy to be 'shoved' onto the pitch mid-celebration, and if you then continued your jumping around on the edge of the pitch for 30 seconds and then went back to your seat, I can understand that in the heat of the moment.

If you're charging onto the actual pitch to jump around with the players, that's a totally different thing to me. That might still be 'heat of the moment' but I would argue there's still a thought process there, no matter how short that thinking is.

I am 53. I have been to hundreds (possibly thousands) of football matches. I have never "spilled on to the pitch". People don't spill, they make conscious decisions.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 13, 2021, 12:44pm; Reply: 85

I am 53. I have been to hundreds (possibly thousands) of football matches. I have never "spilled on to the pitch". People don't spill, they make conscious decisions.

I’m 56 and distinctly remember I want to say away at Stoke could be Port Vale we were crammed into the away end many years ago. we scored a late equaliser and a surge from the back of the terraces pushed me and everyone around me forward onto a unlocked  gate manned by a steward and unable to help myself I spilled onto the pitch. I celebrated for a few moments then walked back onto the open terrace.
To my knowledge no one died because of the encroachment on the grass and I do not believe I have any outstanding arrest warrants for my misdemeanour.
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 13, 2021, 1:16pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from ska face

I agree with some of what you say, but have my own opinion about a number of points.

Firstly, maybe the police do whatever they fancy, but as long as this type of things go on (and this club has a history of fans on the pitch) then we are just giving them the excuse. Sorry, but you can’t use the historical argument when fans are on the pitch away at Woking and home to Barnet in the last few weeks. The club have said this is part of the problem and clearly they believe that if it stops, they will have more of a chance of having that conversation with the police. It doesn’t mean it will change overnight but if we have the attitude of it will happen whatever, then it will happen. Also, our previous owners and stadium manager looked down their noses at fans rather than seeing them as people to look after and help so it would never have changed, now we have owners who want to engage with the police around this subject, why wouldn’t we see that it might actually make a difference and therefore try not to do it?

How do you measure whether someone is drunk or not? Test everyone before they are allowed entry? What is being drunk officially? Is it being over the driving limit? Is it being abusive? If someone goes on the pitch it can be measured and obvious. I don’t get your point on this to be honest.

You have also mentioned people being abusive on this thread? Have they? Can’t say I have seen anything actually abusive. If calling people who go onto the pitch idiots or morons is abusive then I would go back to your own point about being on a slippery slop.

And I completely agree pulling nets and giving grief to stewards and club officials is embarrassing, what I don’t understand is that you find that embarrassing but you don’t see teenagers and middle aged men jumping on the pitch to hug a player embarrassing? They are supporters and therefore representatives of our club and the way we are perceived. If that is not embarrassing then I don’t know what is.

UTFM
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 13, 2021, 1:20pm; Reply: 87

I’m 56 and distinctly remember I want to say away at Stoke could be Port Vale we were crammed into the away end many years ago. we scored a late equaliser and a surge from the back of the terraces pushed me and everyone around me forward onto a unlocked  gate manned by a steward and unable to help myself I spilled onto the pitch. I celebrated for a few moments then walked back onto the open terrace.
To my knowledge no one died because of the encroachment on the grass and I do not believe I have any outstanding arrest warrants for my misdemeanour.

Conscious decision.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 13, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from ska face

Just doesn’t stack up as an argument, there’s no evidence for it. People have been doing it for years, as long as I can remember, and it’s never been more than a slack handful - other than when we beat Barnet at home in 2010 and scored the winner at Braintree in 2016.

We disagree. I think it spoils things, presents a risk and gives the club an even weaker argument when the police ask to move games.

If the club just tolerate it they run the risk of being charged with failing to control their own fans. They've asked nicely twice to little effect so next time will probably be stern with a more serious threat of consequences.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 13, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 89

Conscious decision.

To celebrate on the pitch for a few seconds not to actually get on the pitch in the first place
Posted by: StaffsMariner, October 13, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 90
Fans on the pitch during the 70s/80s ended up with us being fenced in for those too young to remember, until the Hillsborough disaster meant fencing fans in could no longer happen.
We now get treat as adults who should know better than feel the need to run on the pitch just because we scored a goal.
To feel the need to run on the pitch at tier 5 is just so bloody TINPOT it defies logic.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 13, 2021, 2:39pm; Reply: 91
People saying its illegal but harmless, generally your right, but is stealing £1k from a millionaire ok then, after all he might not miss it in the scheme of things, drive at 38 in a 30 but its ok I didn't have an accident this time so no harm done. Laws is laws however stupid they may be, a lot of people break them but does not mean its right to.
Posted by: supertown, October 13, 2021, 2:49pm; Reply: 92
How anyone can say it’s ok to break the law so long as it’s only a few is beyond me.
Stay off the flipping pitch unless you are a player !
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 14, 2021, 7:28am; Reply: 93
Stay off the pitch lads until the final whistle of the match that confirms our promotion.  one of the best pictures I’ve ever seen regarding gtfc is the one taken from the main stand of the crowded pitch after the Sheffield Utd game , pleased to say I was on the pitch 😎
Posted by: marinerjase, October 14, 2021, 7:52am; Reply: 94
Quoted from supertown
How anyone can say it’s ok to break the law so long as it’s only a few is beyond me.
Stay off the flipping pitch unless you are a player !

Yes..that includes you referees, assistants, physios..

Oh.
Posted by: DB, October 14, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 95
You don't have to like or respect the law, or even understand why at times it's there, but you do have to obey it.

If you don't anarchy rules. ( you also have to accept cases like Sussex who was pushed beyond the 'barrier' which are mitigating circumstances and out of his control ).
Posted by: Bigdog, October 14, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from ska face

Very brave of you to say so on here SF..

Been to a couple of away games this season and bought tickets for the home end. will be doing the same for Wealdstone too. Really don't want to stand on a small crowded terrace with some of our fans who don't know how to behave when they've had a skinful..
Posted by: ska face, October 14, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 97
That sounds like a potential breach of ground guidelines, which could open you up to criminal charges under a breach of the Football Spectators Act 1989.

Please respect the law. Or the Fishy Gestapo will take your name.
Posted by: Mayaman, October 14, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 98
Hundreds of goals are scored up and down the country every week.  I don't see other supporters spilling onto the pitch consciously or accidently.   Come to think of it , I never saw people do it last season when we got a rare win.  You could argue that there was more to celebrate last year.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 14, 2021, 4:40pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Mayaman
Hundreds of goals are scored up and down the country every week.  I don't see other supporters spilling onto the pitch consciously or accidently.   Come to think of it , I never saw people do it last season when we got a rare win.  You could argue that there was more to celebrate last year.

>:(

Posted by: buckstown, October 14, 2021, 5:16pm; Reply: 100
Have to say Ska Face, I started this but don't consider myself the gestapo or any other police group! My rationale is it's unnecessary,  it tarnishes the reputation of our club and town, it costs money (through additional stewarding etc), it risks causing trouble unnecessarily  and grown men should be able to control themselves. I don't want anyone prosecuting or banning, just stop going on the pitch.
And by the way it's not illegal to have a beer before a football match
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 14, 2021, 5:25pm; Reply: 101
Nobody is persuading me that a high percentage going on the pitch are caught up in a moment of sheer, uncontrollable passion rather than just drunk and acting like a bit of a male private.
Posted by: smokey111, October 14, 2021, 5:41pm; Reply: 102
Roy Race wouldn't be happy being cuddled!!!!
Posted by: immariner, October 14, 2021, 5:54pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Nobody is persuading me that a high percentage going on the pitch are caught up in a moment of sheer, uncontrollable passion rather than just drunk and acting like a bit of a male private.

That sounds legit but maybe Grimsby fans are just more susceptible to this joy commandeering limbs affliction. Some faulty Viking gene or something.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 14, 2021, 6:09pm; Reply: 104
Why is that assumption that these people are drink or high?
Posted by: OneLove, October 14, 2021, 6:20pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Bigdog

Very brave of you to say so on here SF..

Been to a couple of away games this season and bought tickets for the home end. will be doing the same for Wealdstone too. Really don't want to stand on a small crowded terrace with some of our fans who don't know how to behave when they've had a skinful..

are you being serious about not wanting to stand alongside your own?
Posted by: OneLove, October 14, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 106
A last gasp winner away from home with fans just enjoying the moment and its turned into its being a full scale riot by some fishy folk, get a grip ffs.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 14, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from aldi_01
Why is that assumption that these people are drink or high?

I think it's probably just that a lot are visibly drunk or high combined with the expectation that adults who are sober would be better able to regulate their own behaviour.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 14, 2021, 6:36pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from OneLove
A last gasp winner away from home with fans just enjoying the moment and its turned into its being a full scale riot by some fishy folk, get a grip ffs.

Is it balderdash. It is just blatantly clear the club are going to end up getting fined or threatened into unnecessarily banning these fools for what are generally pretty half arsed forays onto the pitch.
Posted by: immariner, October 14, 2021, 6:36pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from OneLove

There was a full 8 minutes left if you include injury time ;)
Posted by: DB, October 14, 2021, 6:40pm; Reply: 110

Is it balderdash. It is just blatantly clear the club are going to end up getting fined or threatened into unnecessarily banning these fools for what are generally pretty half arsed forays onto the pitch.

If the club get fined or pay for damage, then we ALL pay. The money will come out of club funds which all who spend money at the club, tickets, merchandise, etc. will have contributed to.

Posted by: rancido, October 14, 2021, 6:40pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from aldi_01

Just because something is illegal doesn’t really mean it’s needs the Whitehouse brigade to get all high and mighty on here…

Driving like a lunatic is dangerous, speeding and reckless over taking is illegal but happens on my way to work every morning…that can kill people…running on a pitch, as daft as it may seem, isn’t going to kill anyone…

I'm sorry but that is total bo**ox! At  what point do you decide  that a crime is more  serious than another and more to the point who are you to judge? Laws are brought in to provide a stable social platform for society to function. Burglary, littering and racial abuse don't kill people but the laws against these should be enforced and rightly so.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 14, 2021, 6:48pm; Reply: 112
I don’t think it’s unreasonable of the club to point out the ramifications of pitch invasions or damage caused, such as the financial costs of replacing the stanchions at Altrincham.

We might have the best away following in the National League and the miscreants might be in the minority but there’s no point in creating costs or difficulties for the club.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, October 14, 2021, 6:56pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from rancido

I'm sorry but that is total bo**ox! At  what point do you decide  that a crime is more  serious than another and more to the point who are you to judge? Laws are brought in to provide a stable social platform for society to function. Burglary, littering and racial abuse don't kill people but the laws against these should be enforced and rightly so.

Well, the crime punishment in fines, prison time etc reflects how serious a crime is. If you encroach on to the playing area you can get a ban up to 10 years (worst case), murdering someone is up to whole life term.

Police, CPS and judges may be quite lenient when comes to a pitch invasion, not likely when it comes to premeditated murder on the other hand.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 14, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 114
Exactly OC. Virtually nobody is making a moral judgement about it merely saying people should stop as the club have twice requested because otherwise there will be a negative impact on the club.
Posted by: oochiad, October 14, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 115
At the end of the day we will be punished as the club have stated, fact. Therefore we need to stop doing it. There really shouldn’t be a debate as it is out of our and the clubs control.
Posted by: It Bites, October 14, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 116
Just stop going on the pitch you raving simpletons ....  If you can't control your self at a football match then stay away ..
Posted by: Ipswin, October 14, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 117
Perhaps we should start losing a few without scoring, that'll soon keep the stupid fornicators off the pitch
Posted by: ska face, October 14, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 118
. Virtually nobody is making a moral judgement about it

Think you may need to revisit the last 12 pages. See how many times you can go 3 or 4 posts without people being referred to as idiots, morons, clowns, backwards, chavs, drunks, drug users, onanists, thugs, children, hooligans, immature, dimwits, twáts, attention seekers, simpletons, morons, díckheads, people who would swing for a steward (?!), nutters, pathetic, tinpot, anarchists or just plain dícks.

And for what, less than 10 people spending 5 seconds each in the very corner of the pitch?

That’s my issue with the whole thing. People whipping themselves into an absolute frenzy, probably because they’re bored, for nearly a week now and contorting themselves into all manner of position to justify their faux outrage (let’s be honest, that’s what it is, almost entirely confected and for show).

If kick offs get moved or allocations cut, will it stop anyone going on the pitch? Nope. But people will back it using the language above, blaming the undesirables. It’s a good job none of the people on this thread have ever done anything wrong in their lives, we should have some of them canonised on the pitch at half time!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 14, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 119
Sounds pretty tedious so I'm not wading through 12 pages of it. The club statement is pretty clear about why they need it to stop and is very respectful and understanding. Given the efforts and investment of the new owners and how well things are going it doesn't seem like a huge ask to me. What difference it will make, whether the rules and laws are proportional to the offence and the sobriety, intellect and moral compasses of those encroaching are secondary to that.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 14, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from ska face

Think you may need to revisit the last 12 pages. See how many times you can go 3 or 4 posts without people being referred to as idiots, morons, clowns, backwards, chavs, drunks, drug users, onanists, thugs, children, hooligans, immature, dimwits, twáts, attention seekers, simpletons, morons, díckheads, people who would swing for a steward (?!), nutters, pathetic, tinpot, anarchists or just plain dícks.

And for what, less than 10 people spending 5 seconds each in the very corner of the pitch?

That’s my issue with the whole thing. People whipping themselves into an absolute frenzy, probably because they’re bored, for nearly a week now and contorting themselves into all manner of position to justify their faux outrage (let’s be honest, that’s what it is, almost entirely confected and for show).

If kick offs get moved or allocations cut, will it stop anyone going on the pitch? Nope. But people will back it using the language above, blaming the undesirables. It’s a good job none of the people on this thread have ever done anything wrong in their lives, we should have some of them canonised on the pitch at half time!

No faux outrage here. Just want grown ups to act like grown ups and not cause early kick offs, reduced away capacity or damage bills. Of course, you could subsidise the club if you think the behaviour is acceptable?
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, October 14, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 121
I'm with you on this Codger.
Posted by: It Bites, October 14, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 122
It's the culture we live in now . Everyone wants an excuse for their behaviour .......
Posted by: It Bites, October 14, 2021, 9:12pm; Reply: 123
Let me run on the pitch .... Grow up you selfish set of morons
Posted by: ska face, October 14, 2021, 9:19pm; Reply: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Of course, you could subsidise the club if you think the behaviour is acceptable?

Has anyone said that? There’s plenty to argue against, if you’re that bothered, without the need to create a strawman.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 14, 2021, 9:26pm; Reply: 125
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTDt4lfGbdU

Apologies if already mentioned. But what a lout!
Posted by: lukeo, October 15, 2021, 5:55am; Reply: 126
Regardless of how anyone feels about this whether you like to go on the pitch or not the club have asked nicely for everyone not to, so don't. Clearly now anyone who does, doesn't give a flying intercourse about our club so should be given a ban. Simple.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 15, 2021, 5:57am; Reply: 127
I’m not sure 4/5 blokes on a pitch for less than 10 seconds are the reasons KO times are moved or brought forward…more the continued marginalisation of football fans based on some historical guff from years ago…
Posted by: DB, October 15, 2021, 6:13am; Reply: 128
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m not sure 4/5 blokes on a pitch for less than 10 seconds are the reasons KO times are moved or brought forward…more the continued marginalisation of football fans based on some historical guff from years ago…

I did point out several weeks ago that when police use the term 'Intelligence' the club should question where and when the information was gathered. The 'intelligence' the police had for the Chesterfield friendly meant that the KO time was brought forward. Unfortunately, the intelligent police officer forgot about the traffic problems in Chesterfield so the KO was moved again backwards.

Hence the reason why I query the source of information the police use.

Posted by: goldenfish, October 15, 2021, 6:50am; Reply: 129
You aren’t meant to go on the pitch , people know this … the club have now asked that people don’t  , so don’t … simple stuff really .
Posted by: Mariner93er, October 15, 2021, 8:30am; Reply: 130
Quoted from ska face

Haven’t you been referring to people as the Gestapo? Talk about hypocrisy.

Posted by: ska face, October 15, 2021, 9:28am; Reply: 131
Yeah and the Stasi. I’ve not claimed otherwise though.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 15, 2021, 9:39am; Reply: 132
Quoted from goldenfish
You aren’t meant to go on the pitch , people know this … the club have now asked that people don’t  , so don’t … simple stuff really .

Sounds like half of hollowfrauds signings!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:36pm