Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

Grown men running on the pitch??

This thread currently has 12,271 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
StaffsMariner
October 13, 2021, 2:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Fans on the pitch during the 70s/80s ended up with us being fenced in for those too young to remember, until the Hillsborough disaster meant fencing fans in could no longer happen.
We now get treat as adults who should know better than feel the need to run on the pitch just because we scored a goal.
To feel the need to run on the pitch at tier 5 is just so bloody TINPOT it defies logic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 132
Madeleymariner
October 13, 2021, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
People saying its illegal but harmless, generally your right, but is stealing £1k from a millionaire ok then, after all he might not miss it in the scheme of things, drive at 38 in a 30 but its ok I didn't have an accident this time so no harm done. Laws is laws however stupid they may be, a lot of people break them but does not mean its right to.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 132
supertown
October 13, 2021, 2:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
How anyone can say it’s ok to break the law so long as it’s only a few is beyond me.
Stay off the flipping pitch unless you are a player !
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 132
dapperz fun pub
October 14, 2021, 7:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Stay off the pitch lads until the final whistle of the match that confirms our promotion.  one of the best pictures I’ve ever seen regarding gtfc is the one taken from the main stand of the crowded pitch after the Sheffield Utd game , pleased to say I was on the pitch 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 132
marinerjase
October 14, 2021, 7:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,641
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from supertown
How anyone can say it’s ok to break the law so long as it’s only a few is beyond me.
Stay off the flipping pitch unless you are a player !

Yes..that includes you referees, assistants, physios..

Oh.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 132
DB
October 14, 2021, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,001
Gold Stars: 386
You don't have to like or respect the law, or even understand why at times it's there, but you do have to obey it.

If you don't anarchy rules. ( you also have to accept cases like Sussex who was pushed beyond the 'barrier' which are mitigating circumstances and out of his control ).

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 132
Bigdog
October 14, 2021, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ska face

Police will move kick offs whenever they fancy it based on the flimsiest of evidence or intelligence, historical factors that are 20/30/40 years out of date and when they can’t find a justification, they’ll just completely fabricate something (like Chesterfield a few years back). As for making it harder for the club to argue against, I’d like to see them try for once!

This whole thread, which has dragged on for half a week now, demonstrates why it’s so easy for football fans to have their rights taken away, en masse, and face poor treatment at the hands of the police - because people will justify anything if they think they’re better than the those they’re calling for action against. The thread’s been an illuminating, if depressing, exercise in dehumanising language, stereotyping, straw-man arguments and a weird form of classism.

Some seem to be justifying their abuse by stating it’s illegal to be on the pitch. Being drunk in a football ground is also illegal, but we have a thread on here every week talking about which pubs to visit. Should we start hammering everyone posting in there? I’d imagine almost everyone on here is guilty of that. Last year standing outside with 2 other people was illegal. If you think you can justify abusing people based on what’s legal or illegal this week or next, you’re on a slippery slope.

Nobody’s said pitch encroachment is fine, but people have asked for a bit more of a proportional response rather than the sentences being handed down from the Fishy kangaroo court where everyone who brushes a blade of grass shall be hung, drawn and quartered. Some of the strawman arguments on here are laughable - it’s some reach to go from someone being on the pitch (for 5 seconds, by about 2ft) to then “swinging for a steward” or “a nutter” getting on the pitch. Also saying “if one person does it, everyone will do it” sounds like the kind of argument you’d have with a 2-year-old. It’s an offence if one person or a thousand do it - it’s up to the authorities to police it and charge people if they want, it doesn’t become less of offence through the number of people doing it.

A lot of the behaviour - pulling nets, giving grief to stewards or club staff - is embarrassing and reminds me of that bullying attitude FC Utd had when they first started out and had stands full of Man Utd fans. But it would be a lot easier to weed that out if the reaction to every little infringement wasn’t the “shoot them and drown their kids” we get on here.

Very brave of you to say so on here SF..

Been to a couple of away games this season and bought tickets for the home end. will be doing the same for Wealdstone too. Really don't want to stand on a small crowded terrace with some of our fans who don't know how to behave when they've had a skinful..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 132
ska face
October 14, 2021, 3:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
That sounds like a potential breach of ground guidelines, which could open you up to criminal charges under a breach of the Football Spectators Act 1989.

Please respect the law. Or the Fishy Gestapo will take your name.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 132
Mayaman
October 14, 2021, 4:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Hundreds of goals are scored up and down the country every week.  I don't see other supporters spilling onto the pitch consciously or accidently.   Come to think of it , I never saw people do it last season when we got a rare win.  You could argue that there was more to celebrate last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 132
psgmariner
October 14, 2021, 4:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mayaman
Hundreds of goals are scored up and down the country every week.  I don't see other supporters spilling onto the pitch consciously or accidently.   Come to think of it , I never saw people do it last season when we got a rare win.  You could argue that there was more to celebrate last year.

Private Message
Reply: 99 - 132
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grown men running on the pitch??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.