April 10, 2021, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid
Love how its called blind loyalty

Only manager to get us promoted since 1998. The fact that sacking managers does not flipping work. And realising that we arent a big club anymore. Due to off field decisions

Erm.......Port Vale, Barrow?
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 137
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 10, 2021, 9:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well the big difference is that they have a cold, wet westerly wind.

No wind in Knutsford. Just the stench of nouveau riche.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 137
RonMariner
April 10, 2021, 9:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
The club needs a total rebuild from top to bottom.

The good news is that it will happen. We have forward looking new owners with plenty of cash. It's not like we are a phoenix club having to start from absolutely nothing.

I suspect Hurst will have a major clear out and then we will see a complete modernisation of the club training and fitness regimes, together with recruitment of decent pro's. Not the inadequate shower we have had to endure for years now.

We will be back in the EFL withing two years I recon. And with a team capable to challenging for promotion. There are so many absolutely crap sides in L2 that it wont be difficult to put together a competitive side in this league.

That's my opinion. And I haven't even had a drink yet.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 137
LondonMariner43
April 10, 2021, 9:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
Those that don’t want Hurst as manager are welcome to stay away next season if they feel so strongly about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 137
Mariner_501
April 10, 2021, 9:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Those that don’t want Hurst as manager are welcome to stay away next season if they feel so strongly about it

Will do. Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 137
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2021, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
He came in at the end of December to a dreadful squad where the only genuine talent was immediately recalled from loan. Recruiting in January is generally considered to be difficult but then the entire country went into national lockdown on January 7th which was a pretty unique challenge to throw into the mix. We also had dreadful weather which meant we had weeks where our dreadful training facilities were out of action.

Genuine question for those who claim PH has made it worse - do you think he would have allowed the  groundsman to be furlouged, Vernam to leave, one friendly to be played, the season to start with that squad?

If people listened to his interview tonight he not for the first time talked about how the club has gone backwards since he was here last.

I know he was out of work when he came back and things haven’t gone well mainly down to the inability to attract talent, but unlike his predecessor he’s got the stones to take this on and try and keep us up and if need be bring us back. Despite your views he should be respected for that and given a chance.

People talk about where we were under Holloway let’s not forget with the takeover imminent for whatever reason he jumped ship and if Hurst hadn’t driven some form of change we’d have been gone by now.

Some of the “once great club” brigade need to understand that so many things where and still are sh1t about Grimsby Town, I’m sorry I know it’s hard to take but it’s true that’s why we attract the players we do and have done since we came back into the EFL. One person is mainly to blame and all being well he’ll be gone by the end of May.

Park the ear cupping over sensitivity if I said to you in January that Holloway’s replacement has on his CV 3 promotions (agreed in non league), 6 Wembley finals (agreed only winning 1) but saved one of his clubs from relegation & took them to the play offs the following year would that have been of interest?

Yes the manager in question may have struggled when he went up the leagues too quick to another club living on its rich history and like many before him fell victim to pistol Pete down the road but he’s had experience of getting a club out of the NL many of you who are now anti Hurst would have said that the owner of this CV at least deserves an interview.

Since Hurst left we’ve had,

- Bignott football man for sure but no management skills.

- Slade, other than being associated with JF I’ll never understand why.

- Jolley, exposed by his lack of experience and at times expertise especially when we started to struggle.

- Holloway, can sell sand to the Arabs but clearly his days of being able to organise a p1ss up in a brewery are long gone. He’s good to sort a game of darts out though.

Maybe it’s not just playing talent that we find difficult to attract. Our “once great club” hasn’t been great or arguably “good” for a long time but like it or not though it may not have worked how we all wanted it to since January we do have a manager who cares, knows what’s missing and in my belief will work hard to bring us back.

As long as the 1878 guys are true to their word which I’m sure they will be Hurst won’t be going anywhere for a long while yet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 137
MuddyWaters
April 10, 2021, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If people listened to his interview tonight he not for the first time talked about how the club has gone backwards since he was here last.

I know he was out of work when he came back and things haven’t gone well mainly down to the inability to attract talent, but unlike his predecessor he’s got the stones to take this on and try and keep us up and if need be bring us back. Despite your views he should be respected for that and given a chance.

People talk about where we were under Holloway let’s not forget with the takeover imminent for whatever reason he jumped ship and if Hurst hadn’t driven some form of change we’d have been gone by now.

Some of the “once great club” brigade need to understand that so many things where and still are sh1t about Grimsby Town, I’m sorry I know it’s hard to take but it’s true that’s why we attract the players we do and have done since we came back into the EFL. One person is mainly to blame and all being well he’ll be gone by the end of May.

Park the ear cupping over sensitivity if I said to you in January that Holloway’s replacement has on his CV 3 promotions (agreed in non league), 6 Wembley finals (agreed only winning 1) but saved one of his clubs from relegation & took them to the play offs the following year would that have been of interest?

Yes the manager in question may have struggled when he went up the leagues too quick to another club living on its rich history and like many before him fell victim to pistol Pete down the road but he’s had experience of getting a club out of the NL many of you who are now anti Hurst would have said that the owner of this CV at least deserves an interview.

Since Hurst left we’ve had,

- Bignott football man for sure but no management skills.

- Slade, other than being associated with JF I’ll never understand why.

- Jolley, exposed by his lack of experience and at times expertise especially when we started to struggle.

- Holloway, can sell sand to the Arabs but clearly his days of being able to organise a p1ss up in a brewery are long gone. He’s good to sort a game of darts out though.

Maybe it’s not just playing talent that we find difficult to attract. Our “once great club” hasn’t been great or arguably “good” for a long time but like it or not though it may not have worked how we all wanted it to since January we do have a manager who cares, knows what’s missing and in my belief will work hard to bring us back.

As long as the 1878 guys are true to their word which I’m sure they will be Hurst won’t be going anywhere for a long while yet.

Also worth remembering that Scunny were still (and were due to continue) paying Hurst when he took the Town role.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 137
ginnywings
April 10, 2021, 9:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
With the right backing, he could do for us what the Cowleys did for Lincoln. He bested them in the play off semi's in our promotion season too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 137
LondonMariner43
April 10, 2021, 9:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Mariner_501

Will do. Cheers

Your loss

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 137
Mariner_501
April 10, 2021, 9:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from ginnywings
With the right backing, he could do for us what the Cowleys did for Lincoln. He bested them in the play off semi's in our promotion season too.

You’d hope so! Braintree ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.