RonMariner
April 10, 2021, 6:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09c4dm9

Interview starts about 18 minutes in, some sound observations from Gary croft before then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 137
PPMariner
April 10, 2021, 6:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
I’m not sure what the Paul Hurst sycophants get out of the deal but I genuinely thought it was dire when we were stuck playing cautiously and celebrating draws in non-league, for years.

Who knew it could get any worse?

Two wins.

Two wins from nineteen matches and we are supposed to have no doubt who is best to manage our club.

It is laughable how blind some people are to the definitions of success.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 137
Croxton
April 10, 2021, 6:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Hagrid
Want any more proof that he’s the right man for the job, go listen to his RH Interview. Thought he was superb

Sorry, nothing was 'superb'. His waffling about wanting to get on with changes as the season closes deflected away from his selections and game plan. Was Wiliams injured or was it a change of shape issue? Why no Lamy to replace Williams as both Hanson and LJL need pace to balance their lack of mobility? What's up with Ira Jackson?
Seems that Hurst is too preoccupied with the off pitch distractions. As a post match interview it was poor. JT too concerned whether the ref had gone to the dressing room or not FFS. Spent too long second half talking about the sending off instead of commentary. Wish I could turn him off and just listen to Crofty.
We don't need to know yet what Hurst wants to change for next season. Only points matter. Players listening to him say he has some big decisions to make could make them feel he has already accepted relegation.
No comment would have been better than throwing Morais under the bus. Hurst may inspire you Hagrid and loyalty is a valuable trait but surely you are disappointed in our performances since January?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 137
Azimuth
April 10, 2021, 6:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Hagrid
You know full well Arry that PH is not 100% responsible for that

I am afraid to say he is reaponsible as the manager who had a transfer window and over half a season and has taken us firmly to the bottom of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 137
April 10, 2021, 6:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Yoda
For me Hurst has done nothing but shores up the defence Payne was his guy who was rubbish.
I would like a fresh start next season across the board.

Well I agree with you for once.
Reply: 34 - 137
fishcake63
April 10, 2021, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
can't score goals , got no pace to run in behind got no creativity other than that look ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 137
PPMariner
April 10, 2021, 6:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Of course we’re going to win more than (extrapolating Hurst’s formidable record out for a full season) *five* games a season in non-league...

Before we have to start reading it in September, that won’t make his tenure a success.

Neither will the fact we can’t name a natural successor.

Neither will the fact we’ve not conceded for a while.

Neither will the fact we got a “good point” at the the club third bottom of the Conference.

They could have been left to their own devices and arguably won more matches than they have since Hurst arrived for our new year.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 137
RonMariner
April 10, 2021, 7:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Yes, Holloway was a disaster. But frankly the fact that Hurst has delivered just 14 points in 19 games is what is sending us down. Even a point a game would have given us a fighting chance.

The team performs better now, we don't concede as many as we used to. But results are worse. We managed 20 points from the 21 games before he took over.

I can understand the concept of 2 steps back to go 3 forward. But given how long it has taken to sure up the defence, it has in reality been 5 steps back to go 3 forward and now time is almost up.

6 games left. It looks like 4 wins is an absolute minimum if we are to stay up. That would give us 46 points. That might be enough, but it would be a damn close run thing.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 137
psgmariner
April 10, 2021, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
4 wins!

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 137
RonMariner
April 10, 2021, 7:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner
4 wins!

I know. Not looking likely is it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.