codcheeky
November 16, 2021, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Stadium

The point was that people could still access services without been forced to take a vaccination.
Which is correct in Greece bar the obstacles which you state.
The restrictions were in place back in August .

https://apnews.com/article/eur.....db7aa36fd73a2cbbb50c

They changed them and tightened them a week last Saturday. Up until then nothing but wearing masks was enforced and you were not allowed to eat inside restaurant unless doubled vaccinated
The hospitals in the North are pretty full, they are a drive to coerce everyone to get vaccinated. Those not vaccinated can still go outside pretty unrestricted and shop in supermarkets and chemists, so not as severe as Austria but as I said it is about universally enforced by shops and cafes for fear of the fines or the thread of a complete lockdown like there was last winter.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 134
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 17, 2021, 12:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from codcheeky

They changed them and tightened them a week last Saturday. Up until then nothing but wearing masks was enforced. The hospitals in the North are pretty full, they are a drive to coerce everyone to get vaccinated. Those not vaccinated can still go outside pretty unrestricted and shop in supermarkets and chemists, so not as severe as Austria but as I said it is about universally enforced by shops and cafes for fear of the fines or the thread of a complete lockdown like there was last winter.

My experience from going to the Greek Islands this summer was the local healthcare providers BarryConloning it in by charging €50 α ρσρ to slap a cotton bud on your tongue for a milli-second.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 134
Humbercod
November 17, 2021, 6:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Stadium

Pointless as per Scotland & Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59288384

Total waste of time almost every single country implementing vaccine passports has subsequently seen a huge spikes in cases. They are completely counterproductive. Look at Ireland and The Netherlands for instance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 134
aldi_01
November 19, 2021, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Literally not seen a single argument that provides benefits of some passport…other than to bully people in to having a vaccine…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 134
Maringer
November 19, 2021, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,555
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from aldi_01
Literally not seen a single argument that provides benefits of some passport…other than to bully people in to having a vaccine…

That's a public health benefit in itself.

I do think the passport thing was of marginal worth when it became clear that there was considerable waning in protection taking place. However, indications appear to be that the booster should provide much longer-lasting protection. Probably for a year at least. Certainly worthwhile adding that in to the passport scheme. Younger people who are fully vaccinated ought to have a decent level of protection still even with waning so double dosing in that group ought to be enough for the winter, providing they haven't had the AZ vaccine which starts at a lower level and then wanes faster. Of course, the absolute value of vaccine passports is all relative when we're not bothering to vaccinate our children in any case, unlike all our peers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 134
Stadium
November 19, 2021, 1:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Maringer

*Shrugs*  As I mentioned in the other thread, the Germanic countries have a relatively large proportion of older people unvaccinated due to the strong anti-vaxx movements over there. The Austrian government obviously thinks that putting these people into lockdown will protect them from risk of infection and therefore, the health service from being overwhelmed. Also fully vaccinated people are still less likely to pass on the virus, even though it's not a guarantee, so that's a public health issue as well. Probably won't work (because anti-vaxxers will be anti-vaxxers regardless and will probably break the rules) but perfectly sensible logic.

It's just another approach similar to the vaccine mandates of certain countries, such as France.

Didn't really give it a chance did they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59343650

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 134
Maringer
November 19, 2021, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
That's because the shite is really hitting the fan over there. Germany probably heading that way also, although it is more difficult for them to get the laws through given their various federal parliaments must agree to it and some of them are dominated by the anti-vaxxers themselves. A bit like the US where it's all well and good what Biden and his administration recommend, but you'll always get a Republican wingnut doing the exact opposite.

This isn't to say Germany needs a general lockdown but that's certainly the noises coming out of the RKI.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 134
aldi_01
November 19, 2021, 2:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Why is someone who chooses not to have a vaccine suddenly an antivaxxer?

To me, an antivaxxer is someone that pedals conspiracy theories and the likes, and don’t get me wrong, plenty are but equally I know people who, for various reasons haven’t had it but they aren’t antivaxxer and certainly haven’t forced other to not have it…

The booster scheme was always going to be rolled out, people can believe what they want about stats and virus rates and all that shebang but we all know that with the potential for serious profits and capital gain, it was going to be rolled out regardless…

I’m still not sure what public health gain there is from me telling someone I’ve been vaccinated against something…

Thankfully, this week I’ve been to two gigs and nobody was arsed. We’ve been going in to BP every week, they don’t check, do people feel any more or less safe? I’m not sure they do…people just go about their business…

People in their cars with masks on are still a highlight of my day though…

As I’ve said all along, it should always be about choice…but then, all this hyperbole and nonsense about vaccines and boosters has done a cracking job of keeping joe public’s eye away from the real issues in the country…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 134
Stadium
November 19, 2021, 2:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from aldi_01

To me, an antivaxxer is someone that pedals conspiracy theories and the likes, and don’t get me wrong, plenty are but equally I know people who, for various reasons haven’t had it but they aren’t antivaxxer and certainly haven’t forced other to not have it…

The booster scheme was always going to be rolled out, people can believe what they want about stats and virus rates and all that shebang but we all know that with the potential for serious profits and capital gain, it was going to be rolled out regardless…

I’m still not sure what public health gain there is from me telling someone I’ve been vaccinated against something…

Thankfully, this week I’ve been to two gigs and nobody was arsed. We’ve been going in to BP every week, they don’t check, do people feel any more or less safe? I’m not sure they do…people just go about their business…

As I’ve said all along, it should always be about choice…but then, all this hyperbole and nonsense about vaccines and boosters has done a cracking job of keeping joe public’s eye away from the real issues in the country…

Already plans in place for annual vaccination.

https://inews.co.uk/nhs/nhs-an.....da-pritchard-1304264

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 134
Maringer
November 19, 2021, 3:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Here's what the boosters are doing right now:

If you think it's hyperbole and nonsense, perhaps ask yourself why Austria (lower vaccination rate than the UK, especially in older folk) is going into a national lockdown and Germany is heading that way, yet we're able to just about blunder on through with such high rates of infection for the past months? Of course, they probably aren't as willing as we are to have their health care system on the brink of collapse as we apparently are so they are probably moving early to try and help things in that regard. It's quite odd, because our vaccination programme and 'Plan A' has been a huge success in the older age groups, but a pathetic failure in children.

We're not currently in lockdown because of the vaccines and because of the booster programme. It's as simple as that. Hopefully we'll be able to continue in this way, but there's a cold snap coming so we'll have to see how well things hold up when everyone is stuck mostly indoors for a couple of weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid Passports/Certification

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.