aldi_01
July 19, 2021, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Chrisblor

Well it's unfortunate for the small proportion of society who can't get vaccinated, but really should they be going to busy enclosed venues during a pandemic if that is the case? Once infection numbers go back down i'm sure they'll all be allowed back into the clubs once it's safer for them.

And showing an app to access a venue is not a bizarre comparison. It is practically no different to showing ID or a ticket to access somewhere.

Buy your ticket doesn’t include personal medical information?

What about the people who are perfectly healthy but can’t have the vaccine? I work with two colleagues who are in this position.

The cynic on me thinks this is a ploy to simply encourage people to take the trial because it is completely unnecessary to enforce such a bizarre thing…that said, I’d imagine a fake will be easy to pick up…

Hardly think checking for this nonsense will be on the priority list at big gigs…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 134
Chrisblor
July 19, 2021, 11:09pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from aldi_01

Buy your ticket doesn’t include personal medical information?

What about the people who are perfectly healthy but can’t have the vaccine? I work with two colleagues who are in this position.

The cynic on me thinks this is a ploy to simply encourage people to take the trial because it is completely unnecessary to enforce such a bizarre thing…that said, I’d imagine a fake will be easy to pick up…

Hardly think checking for this nonsense will be on the priority list at big gigs…

I'm not handing over my medical records to a nightclub to get in am I - it's all contained in an app managed by the NHS on my phone. There's loads of other sensitive personal and financial information on my phone as well (which is already bloody tracking everything I do anyway so I think we're far beyond the point of no return on the privacy and personal liberties front), really not that fussed that aspects of my medical records can be accessed via it now too.

Also, good news for your colleagues - "People who have “genuine medical reasons of why they can’t get vaccinated” will not be subject to the scheme."

Would like to hear some thoughts from everyone moaning about this as to how we're meant to go about safely reopening poorly ventilated indoor venues while a contagious airborne virus is knocking about btw. If this encourages a significant increase in vaccine take-up amongst under 30s then good, we'll get the pandemic over much faster than if we continue letting swathes of unvaccinated people into busy enclosed nightlife venues (as is happening right now).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 134
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 6:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm not handing over my medical records to a nightclub to get in am I - it's all contained in an app managed by the NHS on my phone. There's loads of other sensitive personal and financial information on my phone as well (which is already bloody tracking everything I do anyway so I think we're far beyond the point of no return on the privacy and personal liberties front), really not that fussed that aspects of my medical records can be accessed via it now too.

Also, good news for your colleagues - "People who have “genuine medical reasons of why they can’t get vaccinated” will not be subject to the scheme."

Would like to hear some thoughts from everyone moaning about this as to how we're meant to go about safely reopening poorly ventilated indoor venues while a contagious airborne virus is knocking about btw. If this encourages a significant increase in vaccine take-up amongst under 30s then good, we'll get the pandemic over much faster than if we continue letting swathes of unvaccinated people into busy enclosed nightlife venues (as is happening right now).

The app isn’t operated by the nhs, hence why several people have become insanely rich from it…

The evidence to say places like nightclubs and gigs are an issue is somewhat limited…ever wonder why there was little reporting of the findings from that ‘government experiment gig’? Less than 50 cases out of 6000…hardly cause for alarm.

The vaccine trial is seemingly futile given swathes of people vaccinated are allegedly testing positive…if people think mass vaccination is the way this pandemic ends then fair enough but we all know it ends when governments decide it ends.

This is another pointless rule implemented that serves zero purpose for public safety…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 134
Stadium
July 20, 2021, 8:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Chrisblor

Thanks for confirming that the scheme is just to force people to have vaccination or do you have some evidence it will have some other effect?

Timeline: January 12, Nadhim Zahawi: “We have no plans to introduce vaccine passports … No one has been given or will be required to have a vaccine passport” … July 5, HMG COVID-status certification review: “The government will not mandate the use of COVID-status certification as a condition of entry for visitors to any setting at the present time … the impacts are judged to be disproportionate to the public health benefit at this stage of the pandemic” … July 19, Boris Johnson: “I should serve notice now that by the end of September, when all over-18s will have had their chance to be double jabbed, we are planning to make full vaccination the condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather.”

The government’s decision to open nightclubs on Monday while simultaneously encouraging people to behave cautiously and wear masks in crowded indoor spaces has always been a contradiction, to put it politely. Images of clubbers dancing in the early hours led to general bewilderment among Tory MPs — and probably much of the country — and at yesterday’s presser Chief Scientific Adviser Patrick Vallance warned they were “potential super-spreader events,” making as clear as he is ever publicly going to that he disagrees with the decision taken by ministers to reopen them. As it became obvious last night that few if any clubs had accepted the non-legally binding government advice to use the NHS COVID Pass app, Johnson ruled that vaccine passports should be compulsory from September.

Which begs the question: If the government is so worried about nightclubs that it is ready to U-turn on vaccine passports, why is it waiting until September, leaving them open without restrictions for two months as cases approach their peak?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 134
Manchester Mariner
July 20, 2021, 9:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from LH
Do they actually want them or is it a cynical ploy/strongarm tactic to get the u30s to get their jabs?

I reckon it's a bribe attempt to get the youth of the country vaccinated, get jabbed otherwise your names not on the list and you're not coming in. Bribe-a-licious.

One of Boris Johnsons many deficiencies is that he just wants to be loved by everyone including his back bench bangers, the likes of Graham Brady, the boomertastic 1922 committee, the various research groups who mistake research for having a moan and of course The Telegraph, Mail, Sun and other rags. Covid passports won't wash with any of those fellas so I reckon it's an empty threat, the majority of nightclub owners won't even action it anyway.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 134
Chrisblor
July 20, 2021, 11:17am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from aldi_01

The app isn’t operated by the nhs, hence why several people have become insanely rich from it…

You're conflating the NHS Covid-19 Track & Trace app with the separate NHS App. The NHS App is owned and run by the NHS and connects to your GP's surgery to access your medical records, and the Department for Health & Social Care to get your Covid vaccination status. This is all detailed in the privacy policy - https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/

Quoted from aldi_01
The evidence to say places like nightclubs and gigs are an issue is somewhat limited…ever wonder why there was little reporting of the findings from that ‘government experiment gig’? Less than 50 cases out of 6000…hardly cause for alarm.

Hmm - https://pitchfork.com/news/dutch-music-festival-linked-to-1000-new-covid-cases/

Quoted from aldi_01
The vaccine trial is seemingly futile given swathes of people vaccinated are allegedly testing positive…if people think mass vaccination is the way this pandemic ends then fair enough but we all know it ends when governments decide it ends.

You don't understand how vaccines work. Even a double jab of Pfizer isn't going to prevent EVERYONE from getting covid, there will still be some people who contract it. There will still be a fuckload more of double jabbed people who WON'T have contracted covid as a result of being vaccinated, and of those who do test positive after both jabs they'll primarily have asymptomatic or significantly less severe illness thanks to the vaccine.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 134
Neilo83
July 20, 2021, 11:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Chrisblor

You don't understand how vaccines work. Even a double jab of Pfizer isn't going to prevent EVERYONE from getting covid, there will still be some people who contract it. There will still be a fuckload more of double jabbed people who WON'T have contracted covid as a result of being vaccinated, and of those who do test positive after both jabs they'll primarily have asymptomatic or significantly less severe illness thanks to the vaccine.

Totally agree with this, I’ve recently had covid (it’s swept through our work place) and the only 2 people that didn’t get it (that should have) was both double jabbed, one being my mrs, we don’t live together but obviously spend a lot of time together.
These kinda stats will go unnoticed though to the “experts” that know it all about covid.
Obviously double vaccinated will still get and die from covid, it won’t save everyone, but in my opinion it will save a lot more than it will kill and it will definitely help with transmission.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 134
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
I’m well aware of how vaccines work, I’m also well aware that a mass vaccine trial and forcing folk to have it wasn’t going to change anything. Ironic though, we had an outbreak and the people who didn’t catch it didn’t have a jab…

The whole thing is unnecessary, nobody is acruslly putting forward a case for the need of such a pointless thing. It isn’t about safety of others, surely if people are scared to the point some are then they’d swerve a nightclub anyway. The fact it’s so dangerous they’re waiting a few weeks probably tells you all you need to know.

Scrap the flipping lot and just crack on with life. We all know if that happens within a few months it’s be forgotten about…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 134
Manchester Mariner
July 20, 2021, 1:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Im no expert, nor into sharing links to various sources but just from my observations of reading the numbers being presented surely the vaccine has sort of worked as knocking on 2000 people a day were dying just after Christmas and excess deaths were at the highest since world war 2. Has the vaccine rollout not corresponded with a significant drop in hospitalisations/deaths or have I got the wrong end of the stick? My understanding has always been that the vaccine didn't stop you from getting covid but vastly decreased your chances of getting badly ill/dying.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 134
Maringer
July 20, 2021, 2:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Just going the French route, which is fine by me. France was having low uptake of vaccines in younger people eligible, until Macron decreed that full vaccination would begin to be required to visit bars/restaurants/clubs:

Tweet 1414823882637381635 will appear here...

My guess is that it will ultimately become a requirement for entry into pubs in the UK as well. That'll sort out any issues with underage drinking if continue not to vaccinate under-18s!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid Passports/Certification

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.