Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should PH be given next season to rebuild?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

Should Hurst be given next season to rebuild?
Yes
No
  View Results 197 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should PH be given next season to rebuild?

This thread currently has 19,754 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
March 7, 2021, 10:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
I cannot do the National League again - I hated it first time around. Whilst I will always be grateful for Hurst getting us out I was so bored with the football under him. I have seen nothing to suggest a change so far.
After the Holloway fiasco I wasn't too upset over his appointment as we definately needed a steady hand on the wheel - but all the old reminders are still there for me. So no...new owners.....new everything!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 100
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 7, 2021, 10:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
I more or less had stopped going last time he was in charge because of the style of football and if he stays the same will apply so I would want change.

I honestly thought his reappointment was a wise move as his pragmatic approach would see us get enough points for safety but reality has shown yet again I was wrong when it comes to recruiting a new Manager.

Town will still be an attractive job for many up and coming Manager and a good salary would help attract someone of the required quality but as for who this should be I’ve decided I’m clueless at selecting managers so pleased that will be a decision for someone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 100
oochiad
March 7, 2021, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 28
No idea, I’m losing the plot.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 100
TAGG
March 7, 2021, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
How the intercourse anyone wants a bloke that can't save our league status and had 6 years to get us out of non league playing mind numbing football ever want him to do the same is beyond me.

Its already been proved over the last dozen games hes as much smoke and mirrors as the last male masturbator we had in charge.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 100
davmariner
March 7, 2021, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Getting out of the Conference is no easy task. Look at Wrexham who are still languishing down there.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 100
AdamHaddock
March 7, 2021, 11:22am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Yes, whatever division we're in

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 100
SpudUDontLike
March 7, 2021, 11:35am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Thanks to him for stepping in, but next season needs to be about change. Everywhere.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 100
Mariner_501
March 7, 2021, 12:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Can’t be arsed with another 6 years in the conference, so no.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 100
Bigdog
March 7, 2021, 12:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
It's a no from me for 2 main reasons.

Things are going to be very difficult next season in terms of numbers of fans attending and how many will show an interest.  After everything we have all been through, how many are going to be tempted to say that is enough,  season ticket sales are going to be a hard sell. To help all this, you need a manager who inspires fans,  motivates them, visually appears motivated. Now I am not for one second saying Hurst isn't motivated or trying, I'm sure he is, but I don't think he comes across in the public domain as that person.  He isn't that battle cry leader needed to get the fans on side. Look at the fans now,  it's at least a 50/50 split. We can't start a new season with a manager that divides the fans so much.

Secondly, I really hope and expect the new owners have the local community at the very front of their plans, including the development of our own players and proper use and progression of the youth team. We all know Hurst does not fit this mold. We need a long term plan with a long term manager, tasked with promoting youth- so what I am saying may sound like I'm contradicting myself, I hate all the changes,  I want a settled team and manager,  I just don't think Hurst is the right long term option.

For what it is worth I don't really have an opinion on if he stays rest of the season now- I think we are down if he stays or if someone else takes over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for developing our youth set up if it's got a chance of attaining results, but we've produced virtually nothing of great value over the past thirty years. For all Woodsy's valiant efforts, so far it has to be deemed another failing part of our club. Facilities? Coaching? Scouting? Catchment area? Bigger clubs poaching the odd one or two? Something or everything's not right with it along with every other aspect of the club. And if we get relegated, funding is massively reduced. To plug the gap in funding, do we pour potential first team playing budget down a seemingly black hole? Long term, would the Brentford set up of not having a youth system work for us, the Peterborough method of hoovering up non-league talent or do we try to emulate Exeter who seem to be popping out starlets every season? Much depends on the level of club infrastructure funding the new consortium are going to provide or attract. Measured on actual physical outcomes rather than sentimentality, our current youth system is vastly overrated on here when it comes to producing valuable home grown talent. It's not even paying for itself, never mind being a wealth creator for the club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 100
TAGG
March 7, 2021, 12:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Yes, whatever division we're in

Fenty syndrome kicking in
Clap clap

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should PH be given next season to rebuild?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.