Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should PH be given next season to rebuild?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 316 Guests

Should Hurst be given next season to rebuild?
Yes
No
  View Results 197 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Should PH be given next season to rebuild?

This thread currently has 19,755 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
DocDock
March 6, 2021, 5:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
If he does go (I’ve asked this before), realistically who comes in to replace him? I’m personally discounting the Cowley’s based on the fact they managed in the championship recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 100
Yoda
March 6, 2021, 5:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
Bradford managers doing great who where they.??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 100
TAGG
March 6, 2021, 5:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
No no never ever

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 100
Humbercod
March 6, 2021, 6:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Desperate for 3 points today but 90mins later only 1 shot on target!
That tells you all you need to know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 100
HertsGTFC
March 6, 2021, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Steve Richards
Is this gif real? Sorry it’s just complete rubbish. 4 point from 30 Hurst is not our saviour. He has shut the door on Williams and says Scannell is not fit but plays Bunny left wing. Saying that what is the point of any midfield when either the defenders are encouraged to or aren’t capable of anything more than hoofing it up the pitch. Dreadful!!!

Williams is a fanny! Scannell has a track record of injuries and poor fitness but on paper CDAJATL.

I’m disappointed with some of the stuff I’ve seen from Hurst. I get that he may have had trouble recruiting as people wouldn’t be queuing up to join a sinking ship but some of the selection, shape and substitutions have made me think he’s trying to be too clever for his own good.

I’m 50/50 at the moment but I reckon he’s going to have to have a fighting finish to keep his job.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 100
kevikov
March 6, 2021, 11:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
I voted no. Didn’t particularly want him back anyway and cannot for the life of me look forward to five years of brain numbing football on the conference.  

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 100
HarrogateMariner
March 7, 2021, 9:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
It's a no from me for 2 main reasons.

Things are going to be very difficult next season in terms of numbers of fans attending and how many will show an interest.  After everything we have all been through, how many are going to be tempted to say that is enough,  season ticket sales are going to be a hard sell. To help all this, you need a manager who inspires fans,  motivates them, visually appears motivated. Now I am not for one second saying Hurst isn't motivated or trying, I'm sure he is, but I don't think he comes across in the public domain as that person.  He isn't that battle cry leader needed to get the fans on side. Look at the fans now,  it's at least a 50/50 split. We can't start a new season with a manager that divides the fans so much.

Secondly, I really hope and expect the new owners have the local community at the very front of their plans, including the development of our own players and proper use and progression of the youth team. We all know Hurst does not fit this mold. We need a long term plan with a long term manager, tasked with promoting youth- so what I am saying may sound like I'm contradicting myself, I hate all the changes,  I want a settled team and manager,  I just don't think Hurst is the right long term option.

For what it is worth I don't really have an opinion on if he stays rest of the season now- I think we are down if he stays or if someone else takes over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 100
louth_in_the_south
March 7, 2021, 9:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
No . No chance . Fresh start from top to bottom next season.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 100
Stew0_0
March 7, 2021, 9:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Yes he had a transfer window to work with but with very little time to prepare for and had no time to research or cherry pick his best options. Hurst had to bolt a new 11 together in 31 days to try and improve a hopeless squad with no pre-season to work within an already a bleak position.
I think he needs a season to get it right with the best players he can get and when we do get back up keep it together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 100
BrMarin
March 7, 2021, 10:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +100
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from DocDock
If he does go (I’ve asked this before), realistically who comes in to replace him? I’m personally discounting the Cowley’s based on the fact they managed in the championship recently.

Adkins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should PH be given next season to rebuild?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.