Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 174 Guests

National League at risk

This thread currently has 155,811 views. Print
90 Pages Prev ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 18, 2021, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,004
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from toontown

Sorry, is that yes to voiding or yes to continuing?

Sorry I have amended the post to make it clearer

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 750 - 899
RichMariner
February 18, 2021, 12:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Irrespective of who votes for what, quite simply I can't see the season concluding on time and in a way that's fair and valid.

You could have teams like Torquay playing a bunch of strangers thrown together by a club that didn't want to continue but was forced to. How valid does that make your achievements, when your promotion rivals had to play the same team when they were full strength?

The vote is the vote and that's fair enough. Vote whichever way you like.

But the teams that want the season null and voided are the ones with the upper hand here. If they're co-ordinated, they could all agree to refuse to play. I'm really not sure what the NL can do to punish them. Expel them... to where? No one can come up in their place; they're not completing their seasons at that level.

There you go, NL. Enjoy next season with just 14 clubs in your league.

As we keep saying, only one thing is true: the outcome of the vote will not be the end of this. Null and void the season, and it will be challenged. Don't null and void the season, and it will be challenged. Any legal challenges will just prolong the agony and make it worse for those who want to complete the season. More time and money wasted.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 751 - 899
Zero_as_a_limit
February 18, 2021, 1:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +109
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RichMariner
You could have teams like Torquay playing a bunch of strangers thrown together by a club that didn't want to continue but was forced to. How valid does that make your achievements, when your promotion rivals had to play the same team when they were full strength?

Different sport, but the teams that vote 'no' could just do this using supporters for the rest of the season:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3z89yt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 752 - 899
KingstonMariner
February 18, 2021, 1:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner
Irrespective of who votes for what, quite simply I can't see the season concluding on time and in a way that's fair and valid.

The vote is the vote and that's fair enough. Vote whichever way you like.

But the teams that want the season null and voided are the ones with the upper hand here. If they're co-ordinated, they could all agree to refuse to play. I'm really not sure what the NL can do to punish them. Expel them... to where? No one can come up in their place; they're not completing their seasons at that level.

There you go, NL. Enjoy next season with just 14 clubs in your league.

As we keep saying, only one thing is true: the outcome of the vote will not be the end of this. Null and void the season, and it will be challenged. Don't null and void the season, and it will be challenged. Any legal challenges will just prolong the agony and make it worse for those who want to complete the season. More time and money wasted.

Expel isn’t the same as relegate. Being expelled from the National League means you haven’t got any more fixtures in a recognised league. You’d have to see who wanted to admit you and potentially start some way down the regional pyramids.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 753 - 899
ivanosandwich
February 18, 2021, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
What happens if it's 11-11 ?

Is there a tie break question ?

Yes, in true Fishy Buster style, the attendance at the game between Woking v Dover
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 754 - 899
RonMariner
February 18, 2021, 2:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,693
Gold Stars: 226
Whatever way the vote goes, I just can't see clubs intentionally running up debt to please a few at the top who think they might go up.

I think Dover may be the first of many who refuse to carry on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 755 - 899
davmariner
February 18, 2021, 4:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,931
Gold Stars: 79
Chesterfield have voted to continue which is an odd one given they’re not exactly clear of relegation. Can’t see it being curtailed now.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 756 - 899
pontoonlew
February 18, 2021, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,034
Gold Stars: 176
Chesterfield were a ‘swing’ club and that news means people on here aren’t going to get your wish.

I think we need to close this thread and hope our fantastic new squad are someday capable of beating 10 men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 757 - 899
ginnywings
February 18, 2021, 5:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from davmariner
Chesterfield have voted to continue which is an odd one given they’re not exactly clear of relegation. Can’t see it being curtailed now.

Chances are, there won't be any relegation and other teams will be severely weakened if they are forced to play on with youth teamers and a cobbled together side, so Chesterfield may think they can climb into a play off spot. They are 12 points off the top 5 with games in hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 758 - 899
louth_in_the_south
February 18, 2021, 5:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pontoonlew

Willing to bet 22 pints, it’s absolutely not going to happen

Ok I’m in . I’m going to be absolutely copulated regardless of what league were in .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 759 - 899
90 Pages Prev ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.