Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 249 Guests

National League at risk

This thread currently has 155,712 views. Print
90 Pages Prev ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
February 19, 2021, 9:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Clap trap I can't recall a majority of posts on here supporting the stance on Vernams contract, as I recall people were saying it was another Patterson, Buutterfield type intercourse up

Yep, these two living in an alternative universe. The lack of friendlies and Covid clauses were well picked up at the time, especially after Theo Robinson turned us down, and I seem to remember the general consensus was people were fine with Vernam leaving but not once it emerged it was down to the contracts rather than footballing reasons.

Regardless, like has been mentioned before, means fck all what people on here thought at the time or even today for that matter. Fenty has fcked us and it’s been decades in the making.
Private Message
Reply: 820 - 899
pontoonlew
February 19, 2021, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
[url]https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1593878334/s-0/[/url]

You only need to look at the red crosses on every post from fans ringing the alarm bells loud and clear to understand our fans attitude to the excrement running of our club.

As I've said previously, once the fans properly stood up against the board they copulated off. However for years now, fans have praised obviously stupid decisions and shot down those who even suggested it might be a bad idea.

There's absolutely no wonder we got served up shite, it's what the majority asked for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 821 - 899
Fillipe Noche
February 19, 2021, 10:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
A genuine question

The National League has acted as a self appointed arbitrator, by deciding that there will be no relegation from the NL to NLN NLS. They have essentially made the decision to break the football relegation and promotion pyramid.

Should they be allowed to do this?

Why allow them to be judge and jurors over this decision?

I say cut them off for the time being until such a time that it is fit to reconnect again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 822 - 899
Madeleymariner
February 19, 2021, 10:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Gosh, how wrong we were.  

"Footballers will be available that would normally be out of our reach so if Vernam does go I'm sure Ollie will find a replacement just as good if not better."

PS not my post  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 823 - 899
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 19, 2021, 11:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
A genuine question

The National League has acted as a self appointed arbitrator, by deciding that there will be no relegation from the NL to NLN NLS. They have essentially made the decision to break the football relegation and promotion pyramid.

I say cut them off for the time being until such a time that it is fit to reconnect again

I don't want to be a c*ck here but the NL is the arbiter of what happens in the league. There is no higher power. The FA controls the laws of the game but a league can do whatever it wants as long as it's within the laws of the game, promotion and relegation are just how the league system happens to run through custom and practice.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 824 - 899
promotion plaice
February 19, 2021, 11:21am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Gosh, how wrong we were.  

"Footballers will be available that would normally be out of our reach so if Vernam does go I'm sure Ollie will find a replacement just as good if not better."

PS not my post  

It was me that posted that  

Like many others on here at the time I got sucked in with all the bullshit, phone melting and all that  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 825 - 899
TownSNAFU5
February 19, 2021, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
What about “integrity” though”?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 826 - 899
aldi_01
February 19, 2021, 11:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
A genuine question

Leagues are indeed allowed to do this, at every level of the game...have been able to for a while...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 827 - 899
RichMariner
February 19, 2021, 11:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I imagine those clubs who have been forced to continue will be doing their sums and making some big decisions over the next day or two.

The NL are basically telling them to complete the season and if they don't have the finances to do it then apply for a loan, to be repaid over the next decade, thus weakening their budgets for each of the next 10 seasons as they attempt to pay it off.

Call me old fashioned but this just doesn't seem a very nice thing to do. Surely the NL has a duty to look after its member clubs, not drive them into debt?

They might complete this season but they might also drive a few clubs into insolvency along the way. That can't be right.

Maybe these clubs will refuse the loan and play kids — it's looking like the only viable option. This is meant to be an 'elite' division.

It's an absolute joke of a division. Yes, you're damn right I wouldn't care this much if we weren't on the precipice. But we are, so I care. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. But I'm not hoping for a club to go to the wall just so it grants us a reprieve; I'm hoping the opposite.

Null and voiding the NL season will protect clubs and stop them spending/borrowing money they don't have. It hasn't happened, but I wonder how those who 'lost' the vote are going to play things now.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 828 - 899
Heisenberg
February 19, 2021, 11:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Clap trap I can't recall a majority of posts on here supporting the stance on Vernams contract, as I recall people were saying it was another Patterson, Buutterfield type intercourse up

Nobody was saying it was a good move, I agree. It was madness and the majority were furious about it, me included. And there was Holloway saying “the EFL advised us to not renew his contract” - seriously, who needed their advice on that?!! They’re like a bunch of kids needing to be told what to do. It was obvious - give your best player a good contract, and at the very least, activate the option clause to ensure he doesn’t go for free. Amateur hour at its absolute worst.

And as for having one friendly, against CLEETHORPES, Christ almighty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 829 - 899
90 Pages Prev ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.