Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

National League at risk

This thread currently has 155,798 views. Print
90 Pages Prev ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 18, 2021, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings
Watch us get relegated and be replaced by Hartlepool, then be invaded by the 'Pool trolls once again.  

To be fair....they are MASSIVE....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 810 - 899
ska face
February 19, 2021, 6:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
That season under Jolley where we just stayed up, I wasn’t particularly årsed one way or the other if we went down. And really it was the same this season until we found out the takeover was on - losing didn’t bother me, the thumping at Tranmere was funny more than anything. Wasn’t my club anymore, it was Fenty’s plaything and if he broke it, that’s his problem.

But just as we’re finally free of that albatross, it kills me that his last act is to drag us out of the league AGAIN whilst disappearing off into the sunset with £2.5m of our money. It just feels so unjust, it’s infuriating.
Private Message
Reply: 811 - 899
aldi_01
February 19, 2021, 7:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face
That season under Jolley where we just stayed up, I wasn’t particularly årsed one way or the other if we went down. And really it was the same this season until we found out the takeover was on - losing didn’t bother me, the thumping at Tranmere was funny more than anything. Wasn’t my club anymore, it was Fenty’s plaything and if he broke it, that’s his problem.

But just as we’re finally free of that albatross, it kills me that his last act is to drag us out of the league AGAIN whilst disappearing off into the sunset with £2.5m of our money. It just feels so unjust, it’s infuriating.

But but but he’s a supporter like the rest of us, he’s done a good job and everything. There’s even people that support him and they’re all waiting in the woodwork to come out and pipe him off one more time...his mate Phil said so...

Until the takeover announcement and PH coming back in I’d never never felt so disconnected from the club and the team. I get that Covid and being unable to attend caused some of that but I honestly looked at the players and the flipping idiot manager and it felt like I was watching some attempt at football and not my/our beloved GTFC.

Fenty will swan off with his cash like nothings ever gone wrong and holloway will continue to pedal nonsense; Day, Marley et al will probably just disappear in to the background and return to being no marks. Meanwhile, we’ll probably descend in to the footballing abyss once more and probably take another 5/6 years to escape...

I think we all predicted the vote would go this way, I guess now we’ll see how competitive the league remains and so forth. An Aldershot supporting mate reckons it could descend in to farce and thinks you’ll see a few more clubs furloughing players and the like.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 812 - 899
pontoonlew
February 19, 2021, 7:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RonMariner
I suppose there is another get out of jail card.......someone in L2 could go into agmin and get a points deduction.

Yes, I am THAT desperate.

Let’s face it, the majority of The Fishy lapped up our bizarre pre season in the summer because they thought that exact scenario was going to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 813 - 899
aldi_01
February 19, 2021, 7:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pontoonlew

Let’s face it, the majority of The Fishy lapped up our bizarre pre season in the summer because they thought that exact scenario was going to happen.

The club did. I’m convinced we planned for the season to be null and void before Christmas. Covid contracts, people still furloughed, unheard of Sunday league players, Holloway lost whatever marbles he had left, the club almost lauding it up because of said Covid contracts...now look. flipping morons.

Everyone predicted Southend and their financial woes would be gone by now, it would appear not. Likelihood is that any club feeling the financial strain would probably make it through this season...next year is where it would hit them.

Never in my life as a town fan did I expect us to be in a situation where we were begging for other clubs to go under or for a league to curtail early, to be sweating over our place in the league and so forth. Once I can go with, it shouldn’t happen but we know it can, but this is the fourth time now...all under the stewardship of one man...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 814 - 899
Davec
February 19, 2021, 8:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from aldi_01

The club did. I’m convinced we planned for the season to be null and void before Christmas. Covid contracts, people still furloughed, unheard of Sunday league players, Holloway lost whatever marbles he had left, the club almost lauding it up because of said Covid contracts...now look. flipping morons.

Everyone predicted Southend and their financial woes would be gone by now, it would appear not. Likelihood is that any club feeling the financial strain would probably make it through this season...next year is where it would hit them.

Never in my life as a town fan did I expect us to be in a situation where we were begging for other clubs to go under or for a league to curtail early, to be sweating over our place in the league and so forth. Once I can go with, it shouldn’t happen but we know it can, but this is the fourth time now...all under the stewardship of one man...

Some people on the fishy did also.
I remember when Phillip Day did that interview about Charles Vernam leaving for free when we failed to activate the extension and some posters on this forum was saying how it was the right decision and the club has done the right thing.

I remember when the Covid clauses cost us players and some posters on this forum were again saying how Covid clauses is a great idea as it stops us going bust.

I remember when it was clear signings were being done on the cheap some posters on this forum were saying this was the right way to go assembling a cheap squad as the season will be null and void or 5 or 6 clubs atleast will go bust gaurenteeing our survival and we would be financially be in a better position next season to sign players.

The same posters who were praising these decisions are now criticising the club for these decisions.

Threads can easily be located for reference if anybody wants to argue against this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 815 - 899
louth_in_the_south
February 19, 2021, 8:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,680
Gold Stars: 96
Well my bet went well as per my usual betting failures.
Hagrid , I look forward to to meeting you at BP next season whether we’re playing Boreham or Bradford 😂😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 816 - 899
pontoonlew
February 19, 2021, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Davec

Some people on the fishy did also.
I remember when Phillip Day did that interview about Charles Vernam leaving for free when we failed to activate the extension and some posters on this forum was saying how it was the right decision and the club has done the right thing.

I remember when the Covid clauses cost us players and some posters on this forum were again saying how Covid clauses is a great idea as it stops us going bust.

I remember when it was clear signings were being done on the cheap some posters on this forum were saying this was the right way to go assembling a cheap squad as the season will be null and void or 5 or 6 clubs atleast will go bust gaurenteeing our survival and we would be financially be in a better position next season to sign players.

The same posters who were praising these decisions are now criticising the club for these decisions.

Threads can easily be located for reference if anybody wants to argue against this.

Spot on.

The board spectacularly copulated up in the summer but let’s not pretend they were anything other than backed by the fans for doing so. It’s alright saying now in hindsight that it was wrong, I wish the voices had been that loud in the summer!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 817 - 899
ginnywings
February 19, 2021, 8:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew

Spot on.

The board spectacularly copulated up in the summer but let’s not pretend they were anything other than backed by the fans for doing so. It’s alright saying now in hindsight that it was wrong, I wish the voices had been that loud in the summer!

Wouldn't have mattered what the fans felt or said. We are the best run club ever, so the cabal would just do what they were going to do, because they are always right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 818 - 899
Swansea_Mariner
February 19, 2021, 9:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Clap trap I can't recall a majority of posts on here supporting the stance on Vernams contract, as I recall people were saying it was another Patterson, Buutterfield type intercourse up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 819 - 899
90 Pages Prev ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.