Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Jackal and 30 Guests

Tory Vermin

This thread currently has 57,463 views. Print
96 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
FPVmariner
July 13, 2022, 11:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Humbercod

Forgive me but I don’t recognise you username, I take it you’re late to the table on here?
My post may seem harsh and unkind but there is a lot more going on here, you see this forum as turned into a bit of a culture war where anyone on the right of mainstream politics is fair game to be abused.
God forbid if you’re a Tory voter on here there is nothing worse although Christian faith seems to run it pretty close.

It’s a shame, definitely tedious at times but I like to give as good as I get, plus it passes the time at work, so don’t take me to serious I actually agree with some of what you say regarding Rayner she a strong character no doubt puts some of her male colleagues to shame in that respect, she definitely has some balls…oops here I go again that will trigger them.

I’m sorry but I’m struggling to understand your angle.  I was merely pointing out my view on Ms Rayners achievements from my perspective.  If you disagree I have no issue with that whatsoever.  I’m not a fan and agree She has numerous opportunities to improve but, as someone who has already overcome considerable odds, I’m sure She recognises areas of weakness and will take steps to improve.
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 957
Humbercod
July 14, 2022, 7:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from FPVmariner

I’m sorry but I’m struggling to understand your angle.  I was merely pointing out my view on Ms Rayners achievements from my perspective.  If you disagree I have no issue with that whatsoever.  I’m not a fan and agree She has numerous opportunities to improve but, as someone who has already overcome considerable odds, I’m sure She recognises areas of weakness and will take steps to improve.

I would say she’s had numerous opportunities to improve but her gob keeps dropping her in it, which is a shame as her voice is ironically is  her best asset.
I don’t see these steps to improvement coming anytime soon it would seem that she just doesn’t learn, she’s had many outspoken gaffs that ultimately end in stubbornly late apologies.

You have to give her credit for reaching her position, she has done well for herself granted no doubt about it, but I think it’s quite obvious even to the staunchest of honest Labour supporters that she’s out of her depth as a shadow deputy, and she would clearly be unfit to ever be the leader of this country, just put her up against the average Tory and she gets demolished every time she’s simply just not intelligent enough, and I don’t mean that in a nasty way the vast majority of us do not posses the intelligence required for such a lofty role.

Another thing that needs putting to bed is the criticism she receives because of her background, absolute rubbish it’s got absolutely nothing to do with her accent or working class roots, but my god does she and her supporters play on and use this to counter attack her critics.
Not all Tory MPs are born with a silver spoon in their mouth many started out on a council estate and did good for themselves, you wouldn’t know without looking into it because they simply have no need to constantly remind us.
Even our own Melanie Onn she did very well for herself lovely Grimsby accent and secondary school educated I believe, but there was never a clamour to defend her because of her working class past, she certainly had the intelligence and also a bit of class something Angela is severely lacking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 957
mariner91
July 14, 2022, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,730
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod

I would say she’s had numerous opportunities to improve but her gob keeps dropping her in it, which is a shame as her voice is ironically is  her best asset.
I don’t see these steps to improvement coming anytime soon it would seem that she just doesn’t learn, she’s had many outspoken gaffs that ultimately end in stubbornly late apologies.

You have to give her credit for reaching her position, she has done well for herself granted no doubt about it, but I think it’s quite obvious even to the staunchest of honest Labour supporters that she’s out of her depth as a shadow deputy, and she would clearly be unfit to ever be the leader of this country, just put her up against the average Tory and she gets demolished every time she’s simply just not intelligent enough, and I don’t mean that in a nasty way the vast majority of us do not posses the intelligence required for such a lofty role.

Another thing that needs putting to bed is the criticism she receives because of her background, absolute rubbish it’s got absolutely nothing to do with her accent or working class roots, but my god does she and her supporters play on and use this to counter attack her critics.
Not all Tory MPs are born with a silver spoon in their mouth many started out on a council estate and did good for themselves, you wouldn’t know without looking into it because they simply have no need to constantly remind us.
Even our own Melanie Onn she did very well for herself lovely Grimsby accent and secondary school educated I believe, but there was never a clamour to defend her because of her working class past, she certainly had the intelligence and also a bit of class something Angela is severely lacking.

That's just simply not true is it? Look at the cabinet if you want thick. Raab, Patel, Truss, Dorries are all about as thick as they come. It's a miracle Braverman ever got a degree in Law.

I haven't got time to go through it all right now but if you actually look at some of the aforementioned cabinet members' greatest hits of being thick they're quite astounding. But very quickly Raab thought he'd been a victim of misogyny and didn't understand that the Dover to Calais route was pretty essential for trade with Europe. Both of those things are mind bogglingly thick and I highly doubt you could come up with an example where Angela Rayner has come close to those levels.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 957
Chrisblor
July 14, 2022, 12:12pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Humbercod
Stupid bottom licking cow

The girl at school besotted with the football team captain who hasn’t even acknowledged her

She makes my skin crawl

A pathetic individual

Cretin if the highest order

She makes me sick

Stupid useless bottom licking bat

Just a few quotes from our lovely tolerant fishy lefty’s in regards to the woman that was democratically elected the Grimsby MP!

See how this works on here now😀
Grown Men 😂

Have you not noticed all those comments are specifically focused on Lia Nici's recent behaviour, which has involved her regularly making ill founded and deeply biased statements which exemplify her lack of understanding and ignorance on various topics, as well as her proclivity towards sucking up to and defending the abhorrent behaviour of our outgoing Prime Minister?

None of them are going ' YEAH LIA NICI IS A PROPER SLAG WHO CAN'T KEEP HER LEGS SHUT' are they, you flipping sexist moron.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 957
Rick12
July 16, 2022, 8:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod

this forum as turned into a bit of a culture war where anyone on the right of mainstream politics is fair game to be abused.
God forbid if you’re a Tory voter on here there is nothing worse although Christian faith seems to run it pretty close.
I try to take a philosophical look on it Humbercod. There's a bit of good to everyone . Having said that it does wind me up a bit when people treat Christianity as a bit of a soft touch and take the mick etc. I was brought up Catholic but see some truth in all religions eg trying to do good eg I don't think no religion or even science can ever get it spot on.

I doubt many people doing the mickey taking out of religion will say it to some people's faces who are deeply religious in the boxing world be it Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder,  Oleksandr Usyk, Connor Benn  or Amir Khan .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 314 - 957
mariner91
July 16, 2022, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I try to take a philosophical look on it Humbercod. There's a bit of good to everyone . Having said that it does wind me up a bit when people treat Christianity as a bit of a soft touch and take the mick etc. I was brought up Catholic but see some truth in all religions eg trying to do good eg I don't think no religion or even science can ever get it spot on.

I doubt many people doing the mickey taking out of religion will say it to some people's faces who are deeply religious in the boxing world be it Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder,  Oleksandr Usyk, Connor Benn  or Amir Khan .

So having the ability to knock seven shades out of someone somehow justifies having outdated beliefs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 957
DB
July 16, 2022, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from mariner91

So having the ability to knock seven shades out of someone somehow justifies having outdated beliefs?

Since when have Christian beliefs become outdated? Plenty of young people have them so you can hardly call them outdated.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 957
mariner91
July 16, 2022, 10:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Since when have Christian beliefs become outdated? Plenty of young people have them so you can hardly call them outdated.

"In the UK, the percentage of the population which describes itself as belonging to no religion has risen from 31.4% to 50.6% between 1983 and 2013 according to the British Social Attitudes Survey’s 31st report issued in 2014. Conversely, the report found that only 41.7% of people in the UK identify as Christians compared to 49.9% in 2008 and 65.2% in 1983. The Church of England has seen the greatest decline in its numbers; membership has more than halved from 40.3% of the population in 1983 to just 16.3% in 2014.

Among people aged between 18 and 24, the incidence of religious affiliation is only 30.7%. It is only amongst the over 55s that the majority of respondents are religious. But even then, only 47% of English funerals in 2012 were performed by the Church of England, Roman Catholic Church, and Methodist Church, down from 59% in 2005."

Source: https://humanists.uk/campaigns.....0is%20only%2030.7%25.

So only 3 in 10 people between 18-24 have any religion at all and from my own personal experience I'd suggest that a lot of those are not Christian with young people from Muslim and Hindu backgrounds being far more likely to describe themselves as religious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 957
mariner91
July 16, 2022, 11:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
And frankly if you still believe in a magic man in the sky despite the plethora of scientific and historic evidence available to us then you're beyond help at this stage. Religions were made up to explain things that early humans couldn't understand or explain and then used for nefarious purposes to control poorly educated populations.

If it brings you some comfort then good for you, crack on. But it should have absolutely no bearing on every day life and government policies in a modern and progressive society.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 957
Rick12
July 16, 2022, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

At the end of the day mariner humans are  just evolved animals with a consciousness. In order for respect to be earned sometimes no amount of reasonable debate will get through to some people. Sometimes a bit of physicality does help with certain people .

Ive seen this quite a few times in my life. Where I was working once there was a road rage incident where a driver was given it the big one,honking his horn,swearing etc at a coach driver who was transporting school children to their games session. Soon as the coach driver got out eg 6ft 8 inches of him and 21 stone the car driver hurried back in his car due to being scared. Or the time a priest who I know was about to witness a pickpocket in Madrid take something. He purposely coughed and once the pickpocket saw the size of the priest who was 23 stone and 6 ft 3 he ran away as didn't want to get involved with a guy who was well built .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 957
96 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tory Vermin

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.