sam gy
December 6, 2020, 12:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from aldi_01
He actually been awful at running the club and whilst some may point at turning a profit as some sort of success, in truth it is pointless turning profit if you simply exist.

The Conservative Party in a nut shell.

The poorer in society are existing, just. Although their quality of life is getting worse year on year. Just like the football club.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 129
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2020, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I realise things are not great but I'd take serious issue with the fact that by paying over money for shares all you've done is help JF get his money back. Where do you think the money to put out a team has come from? That share money and the season ticket money and anything people put into the Trusts or other fundraisers has contributed massively to us being able to compete. At the very least it has prevented further bailouts by JF which would exacerbate the situation for many of the contributors to this thread. I'm sorry but to say that the first beneficiary of money paid in will be JFs bank balance is not only wrong but given that if things don't improve we may need to seek further fundraising possibly quite dangerous.

It would be much easier to raise money for a fans run club than it is to raise money for a majority shareholder who is just trying to claw back cash that he's spent on poor managers and players. He says he's a fan - it's time he started acting in the best interests of the club rather than thumbing his nose at the rest of us.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 129
lew chaterleys lover
December 6, 2020, 12:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

I realise things are not great but I'd take serious issue with the fact that by paying over money for shares all you've done is help JF get his money back. Where do you think the money to put out a team has come from? That share money and the season ticket money and anything people put into the Trusts or other fundraisers has contributed massively to us being able to compete. At the very least it has prevented further bailouts by JF which would exacerbate the situation for many of the contributors to this thread. I'm sorry but to say that the first beneficiary of money paid in will be JFs bank balance is not only wrong but given that if things don't improve we may need to seek further fundraising possibly quite dangerous.

That is a false argument surely?

Any extra funds that go into the club help Fenty. He knows that and that is why he has been able to pull too much wool over too many eyes.

The fans, one way or another, contribute all the income don't they? I am including business sponsors in that as they are fans too.

All the money he has taken back so far is fans income, is it not??  
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 129
barralad
December 6, 2020, 1:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

That is a false argument surely?

Any extra funds that go into the club help Fenty. He knows that and that is why he has been able to pull too much wool over too many eyes.

The fans, one way or another, contribute all the income don't they? I am including business sponsors in that as they are fans too.

All the money he has taken back so far is fans income, is it not??  

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say here. The monies fans put in helped to keep the club going. The alternative would have been for JF to have been true to his word about covering the losses. If you want to see the back of him why on Earth would you want that to happen?
It is a nonsense to say that the money donated by the various means was wasted.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 129
headingly_mariner
December 6, 2020, 1:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Pre Covid their were multiple suitors for the club.

The appetite to sell disappeared with the sniff off success when Holloway came in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 129
The Grim Reaper
December 6, 2020, 1:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Why has a pub comedian got so much notoriety on here?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 129
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2020, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to say here. The monies fans put in helped to keep the club going. The alternative would have been for JF to have been true to his word about covering the losses. If you want to see the back of him why on Earth would you want that to happen?
It is a nonsense to say that the money donated by the various means was wasted.

So in reality what you're saying is the fans fundraising covered the costs so he didn't have to? And that's a good thing? That he was still able to take back some loan money because the fans had dipped in their pockets? And then the Max Wright thing?
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 129
friskneymariner
December 6, 2020, 1:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Fenty knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing,totally devoid of any emotional intelligence.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 129
barralad
December 6, 2020, 1:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So in reality what you're saying is the fans fundraising covered the costs so he didn't have to? And that's a good thing? That he was still able to take back some loan money because the fans had dipped in their pockets? And then the Max Wright thing?

I may be wrong but I'm not aware of JF taking back any money in this financial year..
No matter... what I'm saying is that having read the majority of the comments in this thread it appears to me that the last thing posters want is to be further in debt to him. You can't have it both ways...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 129
Boris Johnson
December 6, 2020, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Why has a pub comedian got so much notoriety on here?

Comedian is stretching it a bit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Griffiths

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.