13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 6, 2020, 4:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
It seems to me that the only way out of our predicament is for all the experts on here to either join the Trust to help remove JF or form there own consortium and buy him out. Surely with all their joint expertise and business acumen they could achieve this .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 129
Bigdog
December 6, 2020, 4:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido
It seems to me that the only way out of our predicament is for all the experts on here to either join the Trust to help remove JF or form there own consortium and buy him out. Surely with all their joint expertise and business acumen they could achieve this .

There was a time, many moons back when us GTFC fans could go to a match, have some hope and expect some kind of entertainment. You know, pay your entrance fee and get value for money. Now we're expected by some to raise capital and overthrow an immovable object just to watch a decent game of footy, and if we're not prepared to do that, expected to stay quiet, hand over our money, and watch shite in silence season after season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 129
buckstown
December 6, 2020, 4:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
It really hurts me to say it but I'm nearly done with GTFC at the moment. I've been going to BP for pretty much 60 years and am so proud to be from Grimsby and to be a town fan but we're a joke. The last 16 years have been nothing but drudgery, like life on a hamsters wheel. Year after year of relentless relegation battles with the exception of  six years in the obscurity of none league which with delicious irony JF allegedly thought was a success.
I supported Operation Promotion into 4 figures and bought shares and donated this summer but no more. I can't even bring myself to listen to the commentary any more, it's pointless when you're pretty sure what's going to happen. I had huge hopes when Olly took over but he was either over hyped or got sucked into the JF way of working. I can't believe I'm surrounded by Wycombe fans gloating about being in the championship. They were non-league when I moved down here, a tinpot joke but very well run, engaging the community and keeping their heads above water despite being potless. And there lies the difference, GTFC is a sickly football club with bad PR, poor marketing, poor leadership skills and no vision
God help us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 129
blundellpork
December 6, 2020, 4:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from friskneymariner

6  red crosses but no one has the guts to put their head over the parapet to defend him,only conclusion is the pro Fenty brigade do not have the courage to defend their convictions.

Perhaps it’s because this thread comes up constantly and the pro Fenty side can’t be bothered arguing their view for the 1,000th time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 129
Hagrid
December 6, 2020, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from blundellpork

Perhaps it’s because this thread comes up constantly and the pro Fenty side can’t be bothered arguing their view for the 1,000th time

There shouldnt be a Pro Fenty side. Man has done enough damage to last a lifetime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 129
rancido
December 6, 2020, 4:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

There was a time, many moons back when us GTFC fans could go to a match, have some hope and expect some kind of entertainment. You know, pay your entrance fee and get value for money. Now we're expected by some to raise capital and overthrow an immovable object just to watch a decent game of footy, and if we're not prepared to do that, expected to stay quiet, hand over our money, and watch shite in silence season after season..

I know what I said was a bit tongue in cheek ( hence the wink emoji ) but what other route is there for us? If you want to keep your club and remain as a supporter then get involved in some means to remove JF . If you want some form of 'revolution' ,for want of a better word , then get actively involved in his removal.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 129
Quagmire
December 6, 2020, 5:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from blundellpork

What is the 'pro Fenty' view?

Nobody from the 'Pro Fenty' side has ever really come out on here with an argument to counteract any of the points raised - all they've done is 'red crossed' anyone who has rightly pointed out his complete and utter mismanagement of the club.

The man has been nothing but an unmitigated disaster for GTFC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 129
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2020, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from blundellpork

I think this thread came about because a local ‘celebrity’ felt strongly enough to express his opinion on Twitter. The counter argument appears to be a Red Cross.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 129
GrimExile
December 6, 2020, 5:12pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from buckstown
It really hurts me to say it but I'm nearly done with GTFC at the moment. I've been going to BP for pretty much 60 years and am so proud to be from Grimsby and to be a town fan but we're a joke. The last 16 years have been nothing but drudgery, like life on a hamsters wheel. Year after year of relentless relegation battles with the exception of  six years in the obscurity of none league which with delicious irony JF allegedly thought was a success.
I supported Operation Promotion into 4 figures and bought shares and donated this summer but no more. I can't even bring myself to listen to the commentary any more, it's pointless when you're pretty sure what's going to happen. I had huge hopes when Olly took over but he was either over hyped or got sucked into the JF way of working. I can't believe I'm surrounded by Wycombe fans gloating about being in the championship. They were non-league when I moved down here, a tinpot joke but very well run, engaging the community and keeping their heads above water despite being potless. And there lies the difference, GTFC is a sickly football club with bad PR, poor marketing, poor leadership skills and no vision
God help us

I too live in Bucks and I totally agree with you regarding Wycombe Wanderers apart from one aspect. They were taken over by an American millionaire sugar daddy a couple of years ago and therefore despite their gates (Covid permitting) being about the same as ours, they now have pretty big money behind them. Having said that they are still a shining example of what can be achieved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 129
Bigdog
December 6, 2020, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido

I know what I said was a bit tongue in cheek ( hence the wink emoji ) but what other route is there for us? If you want to keep your club and remain as a supporter then get involved in some means to remove JF . If you want some form of 'revolution' ,for want of a better word , then get actively involved in his removal.

The club isn't worth the 1.55m it owes JF never mind making an offer for the shares..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Griffiths

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.