MuddyWaters
December 5, 2020, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ska face
Fenty’s made a rod for his own back in appointing Holloway.

When things start to get on top for him, he usually throws a manager under the bus and buys himself another year or so.

He’ll not be able get away with it this time, and regardless of what mistakes the players or manager make each week, even the most forgiving fans can no-longer deny the clear link between Fenty’s penny-pinching and our underperforming. It’s the same every week, and Honest John is lucky that he’s unlikely to see a full BP this season.

The point I’ve been trying to make for weeks. If a manager of Holloway’s calibre is struggling to make a success of Grimsby Town then it’s Grimsby Town that’s the problem.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 129
aldi_01
December 5, 2020, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be fair, I’ve been thinking, a bloke of Holloway’s stature could’ve actually won more fans over by calling the club out.

No way the club would’ve sacked him, so they’d have to have backed him.

Instead, he’s just blamed everything except himself and the club continues on this path of terminal illness...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 129
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2020, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bawarmy

He has only stepped back for political reasons. I have been told he can’t be chairman and on the council while the plans for the new ground go ahead. He will be back!

It’s absolute BS that he stood aside because of a conflict of interest. He still controls the club, he is still the majority shareholder. Whether or not he goes anywhere near the boardroom he had a personal interest in the club prospering from a new ground. There is therefore a potential conflict of interest, and there always will be unless he either:

(A) relinquishes his shares in the club or
(B) steps down from any involvement on the council with planning.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 129
moosey_club
December 5, 2020, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Looks like Lloyd wont be getting the warm up gig at the summer barbeque or be welcomed into b.p to make any videos in the near future.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 129
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2020, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Mimma, we have this conversation every week because every week John Fenty controls Grimsby Town Football Club. When that stops the topic will change.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 129
davmariner
December 6, 2020, 1:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
I think it’s time that Holloway learn quickly that corner cutting is not the same as running a club well.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 129
grimps
December 6, 2020, 2:31am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,994
Gold Stars: 46
If I was to have bought a department store that was struggling 20 years ago that I liked to shop in ever week do you think I’d be able to sell if for the same price if it was now a corner shop ?

Fenty made a bad investment , yes I know he might have done it for the good of the club he loved but he can’t expect to get his money back after all the years erosion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 129
arryarryarry
December 6, 2020, 4:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimps
If I was to have bought a department store that was struggling 20 years ago that I liked to shop in ever week do you think I’d be able to sell if for the same price if it was now a corner shop ?

Fenty made a bad investment , yes I know he might have done it for the good of the club he loved but he can’t expect to get his money back after all the years erosion

This is my opinion as well, his poor management of the club has cost it millions of pounds as he said if I remember correctly after the Burton game, we would lose £500,000 a season being out of the Football League.

If he should get his total loans back and he walks away he should give the Trust back their shares.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 129
aldi_01
December 6, 2020, 7:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Throughout his tenure Fenty has always talked about not devaluing the product; ironically that is exactly what he has done. He actually been awful at running the club and whilst some may point at turning a profit as some sort of success, in truth it is pointless turning profit if you simply exist.

Aside from a few of the big clubs, football clubs don’t make profit, they, in theory don’t make you rich as such. Logic would suggest that given sport is about success and achievement. If people want that then reinvesting any profit made makes total sense, having it say in the bank, or in our case, being handed to the owner makes zero sense, especially when it isn’t being used to pay off the loans owed to that person.

We’ve finally brought a manager in who seemingly has a bit of clout and generally the support of many fans, he has made bold sweeping statements about the club being well run but it’s clear to see pressure is getting to him and we’ve gone from his phone melting with players wanting to sign to nobody wants to come here.

I’d assume that is likely caused by a number of factors but I’d imagine a excrement contract is one of them. People may leap to Fenty’s defence during this pandemic but in truth we didn’t need a Covid contract.

Again, when Fenty oversaw our previous relegation out of the league, something he seemingly got away with, he said the club would lose cash hand over fist, yet here we are again, entering those realms. Surely he’s going to pedal that same story? If so, that points to a poorly run club if they heading for it with their eyes closed again after already proving how difficult it was to return and financially work?

For those fans, Fenty included, that believe existing is the most important thing, surely that’s much easier to do in the league rather than out of it.

For a bloke who allegedly supports the club and is a fan, he really doesn’t have its best interests at heart. If he did, he’d walk away. Nobody said Shutes would be better, nobody is expecting a Russian oligarch or Middle Eastern magician but even the biggest fans of Fenty are running out of made up reasons to support his atrocious leadership of the club...

People can say better the devil but at this stage, we need change, we need fresh ideas and we need fresh blood...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 129
dapperz fun pub
December 6, 2020, 7:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If there’s any truth in this then there should be questions. The saddest part is that it doesn’t surprise me.

It’s true I was told this in the summer a current player told my nephew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Griffiths

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.