Reply: 50 - 129
pontoonlew
December 6, 2020, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,995
Gold Stars: 171
As well as (rightfully) slating Fenty can we spare a moment to dish out similar words to Philip Day who has continued the absolute circus in the boardroom with his shockingly naive running of the football club since he took charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 129
aldi_01
December 6, 2020, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pontoonlew
As well as (rightfully) slating Fenty can we spare a moment to dish out similar words to Philip Day who has continued the absolute circus in the boardroom with his shockingly naive running of the football club since he took charge

What has concerned me with Day seemingly ‘captaining the ship’ (we know he’s merely a puppet) is that people think he’s doing a good job too...based on what is anyone’s guess.

Let’s face it, get rid of Fenty and they all go too. They’re literally only there because of him.

In truth they all need to go, they contribute nothing and clearly give zero felicitations for the club...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 129
quebec38
December 6, 2020, 8:44am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
I don’t support Fenty in any way, shape or form, but I don’t see why a narrow defeat away at Colchester has brought LG as well as others out to knock JF at full time today.

We definitely need money (a new owner) from somewhere, but tell us something we don’t know...
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 129
aldi_01
December 6, 2020, 8:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from quebec38
I don’t support Fenty in any way, shape or form, but I don’t see why a narrow defeat away at Colchester has brought LG as well as others out to knock JF at full time today.

We definitely need money (a new owner) from somewhere, but tell us something we don’t know...

I don’t think it’s just specific to this game but I think, given the way we knocked on the door but ultimately looked impotent up front, for many, the writing is on the walls...again.

Our issues are much greater than simply telling a manager or wasting money on more players again...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 129
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2020, 8:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from quebec38

Because it’s the continuation of a dismal run similar to those we’ve had in every season we’ve been back in the league. Maybe, like many, Lloyd thought that a top manager was the solution. Like many, he now probably realises that if Ian Holloway can’t sort us out, nobody will.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 129
Bristol Mariner
December 6, 2020, 9:17am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
We’re like Ratners with Fenty in charge....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 129
Ipswin
December 6, 2020, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from friskneymariner
,think this time Fenty has killed golden goose.
#

It's never been a golden goose it's always been and will continue to be a lead chicken Thats why the Fenty loans exist If it was a golden goose he wouldn't have had to put money in.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 129
Ipswin
December 6, 2020, 9:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club
Looks like Lloyd wont be getting the warm up gig at the summer barbeque or be welcomed into b.p to make any videos in the near future.

Good, teach him to keep his gob shut.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 129
HertsGTFC
December 6, 2020, 10:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

What has concerned me with Day seemingly ‘captaining the ship’ (we know he’s merely a puppet) is that people think he’s doing a good job too...based on what is anyone’s guess.

Let’s face it, get rid of Fenty and they all go too. They’re literally only there because of him.

In truth they all need to go, they contribute nothing and clearly give zero felicitations for the club...

At first, for a week or two anyway I thought Day came across ok or an improvement on JF anyway.

It’s clear though he’s reverted back to type and he needs to “shut up” in the media before he further disengages those who do and have supported the club.

Here’s an example, I bought a season ticket knowing I may not get a refund, my decision and I’m not moaning about it. Day did a radio Q&A with Matt Dean recently and I submitted the following question.....

“How do you justify the non refund policy”? When Matt asked the question Day’s response was “we made it clear supporters wouldn’t get refunds”. Which didn’t quite answer the question and he moved on to the next one quite quickly.

Do I expect them to put a proportion of their wealth into the club? Yes to a degree but I get it if there comes a time when they can no longer throw their own personal cash at it. What I don’t get and find really frustrating is there lack of any sort of plan to attract new investment. Clearly there’s been interest but as John’s way is the only way that interest didn’t last long.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Griffiths

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.