Stadium
December 6, 2020, 10:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

At first, for a week or two anyway I thought Day came across ok or an improvement on JF anyway.

It’s clear though he’s reverted back to type and he needs to “shut up” in the media before he further disengages those who do and have supported the club.

Here’s an example, I bought a season ticket knowing I may not get a refund, my decision and I’m not moaning about it. Day did a radio Q&A with Matt Dean recently and I submitted the following question.....

“How do you justify the non refund policy”? When Matt asked the question Day’s response was “we made it clear supporters wouldn’t get refunds”. Which didn’t quite answer the question and he moved on to the next one quite quickly.

Do I expect them to put a proportion of their wealth into the club? Yes to a degree but I get it if there comes a time when they can no longer throw their own personal cash at it. What I don’t get and find really frustrating is there lack of any sort of plan to attract new investment. Clearly there’s been interest but as John’s way is the only way that interest didn’t last long.

Harsh.
You got a free calendar.
Seriously though,he's just a cardboard cutout when you listen to his responses.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 129
barralad
December 6, 2020, 10:41am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from bawarmy

He has only stepped back for political reasons. I have been told he can’t be chairman and on the council while the plans for the new ground go ahead. He will be back!

I take it from this that you believe that the fact he is the largest shareholder has zero effect from a vested interest point of view?
Christ when Great Coates was on the table having a season ticket was enough to get you barred from involvement in decision making.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 129
marinerjase
December 6, 2020, 10:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Things will never change whilst people actively support.  Every time the club need something the fans jump in raising money, even when it’s not necessarily needed. They know that.

Damned if you do - damned if you don’t.

But until people who are fed up with the board - not just JF - and act on it, instead of just hashtags and posts - and ‘protests’ of 100 people in a car park for half hour.

IF you/they want change - you have to force it. Peacefully. The only way of doing it is either not go, not subscribe to IFollow, not purchasing anything from club shop - give them nothing. There’ll inevitably be threats made by powers that be re future of club etc etc - but that’s the only way. UNTIL a common ground can be found with the investors who WANT to come in, without being held to stipulations that don’t apply to the current set up.

Whether the fans, and trust - need to step up together and work in unison in forcing a vote of no confidence on board is another matter/way - but that’ll never happen as they’ve a place on the board.

So, maybe up to the fans to work with the potential investors?  Let it be known they’ll be backed, that things can’t carry on - show support both public and private, raise funds if need be WITH them.

As things stand nothing will change anytime soon. The club will be run with the intent on just paying back loans, whilst dying a slow undignified death. Like it has been for years.

Awful facilities allowed to get run down, horrible training ground and facilities, players in on the cheap, no ambition. It’s not just us who know it/can see.

Need to stop the slide. Before it’s too late.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 129
friskneymariner
December 6, 2020, 10:44am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I am genuinely intrigued there appears to be a bunch of 4-5 who regularly red cross any anti Fenty post. Could you explain to me please the benefit  he brings to one who has witnessed the terminal decline of this club under his watch, what do you see in him,or are you related  to him?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 129
fishboyUTM
December 6, 2020, 11:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The point I’ve been trying to make for weeks. If a manager of Holloway’s calibre is struggling to make a success of Grimsby Town then it’s Grimsby Town that’s the problem.

Absolutely. How he's here is beyond me and I'll give credit to John Fenty for briniging him here. That's the only credit he will get with me. I don't want to go back to BP as it stands, I've given enough emotional, time and financial commitment to the club. Losing Charles Vernam by allowing his contract to run out then murkying the water with tales of poor EFL advice killed me. It's like halving John Mcdermotts wage, benching Jevvo, allowing every player of the years contract to just simply expire and leave on a Bosman. The ground is a state, the training centre is just a couple of pitches and two portacabins. The clubs status has shrunk to a degree that the wider footballing world has us in the same bracket as Morcambe, we look up to Accrington Stanley.

Until John Fenty has gone, we are wasting our time, pissing in the wind.

Ollie will be gone soon, one way or another and if he can't do anything with the club then we might as well not bother.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 129
Henryscat
December 6, 2020, 11:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Absolutely. How he's here is beyond me and I'll give credit to John Fenty for briniging him here. That's the only credit he will get with me. I don't want to go back to BP as it stands, I've given enough emotional, time and financial commitment to the club. Losing Charles Vernam by allowing his contract to run out then murkying the water with tales of poor EFL advice killed me. It's like halving John Mcdermotts wage, benching Jevvo, allowing every player of the years contract to just simply expire and leave on a Bosman. The ground is a state, the training centre is just a couple of pitches and two portacabins. The clubs status has shrunk to a degree that the wider footballing world has us in the same bracket as Morcambe, we look up to Accrington Stanley.

Until John Fenty has gone, we are wasting our time, pissing in the wind.

Ollie will be gone soon, one way or another and if he can't do anything with the club then we might as well not bother.

Morecambe have a new ground

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 129
friskneymariner
December 6, 2020, 11:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I too feel like fishboy after supporting Town for 58 years I have made the decision not to go back to B.P. whilst Fenty has anything to do with the club.After giving it much thought ,I have come to the conclusion by buying a season ticket year in year out I am part of the problem.I and many others are enabling Fenty and withdrawing my support is the only action I have.
Very painful in the short term but it is for the long term benefit of the club,I can no longer be complicit in the decline of this once great club.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 129
fishboyUTM
December 6, 2020, 11:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Henryscat

Morecambe have a new ground

Thought that when I typed it, looks okay from the outside but made of breeze blocks. Though your point stands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 129
Vance Warner
December 6, 2020, 11:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from friskneymariner
I too feel like fishboy after supporting Town for 58 years I have made the decision not to go back to B.P. whilst Fenty has anything to do with the club.After giving it much thought ,I have come to the conclusion by buying a season ticket year in year out I am part of the problem.I and many others are enabling Fenty and withdrawing my support is the only action I have.
Very painful in the short term but it is for the long term benefit of the club,I can no longer be complicit in the decline of this once great club.

Sorry you feel like that but totally understand. I must admit I feel like a mug for buying shares in the summer. All I have done is help JF claim back money from the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 129
barralad
December 6, 2020, 12:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Vance Warner

Sorry you feel like that but totally understand. I must admit I feel like a mug for buying shares in the summer. All I have done is help JF claim back money from the club.

I realise things are not great but I'd take serious issue with the fact that by paying over money for shares all you've done is help JF get his money back. Where do you think the money to put out a team has come from? That share money and the season ticket money and anything people put into the Trusts or other fundraisers has contributed massively to us being able to compete. At the very least it has prevented further bailouts by JF which would exacerbate the situation for many of the contributors to this thread. I'm sorry but to say that the first beneficiary of money paid in will be JFs bank balance is not only wrong but given that if things don't improve we may need to seek further fundraising possibly quite dangerous.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Griffiths

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.