13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
davmariner
December 8, 2020, 1:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Well run club my bottom if we’re close to the salary cap limit with this bunch of talentless crocks.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 129
Grantley
December 8, 2020, 1:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Really don’t understand the sarcastic comments aimed at Lloyd Griffith? Local lad who’s made something of a name for himself and actually cares about the club. Yet all some can do is slag him off for raising awareness about a pretty pressing issue. Bloke can’t win.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 129
aldi_01
December 8, 2020, 6:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m not a fan of Griffith’s and don’t find him funny in the slightest but he’s hardly on his own with his opinions of the shocking leadership at the club...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 129
friskneymariner
December 8, 2020, 8:24am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Grantley
Really don’t understand the sarcastic comments aimed at Lloyd Griffith? Local lad who’s made something of a name for himself and actually cares about the club. Yet all some can do is slag him off for raising awareness about a pretty pressing issue. Bloke can’t win.

Put his head above the parapet and upset the fentinistas,as usual they conduct sniping campaign without any rational basis.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 129
mirrorballman
December 8, 2020, 8:51am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Grantley

It's small minded jealousy. People don't have to like him or find him funny. However, to be unable to accept that other people do, and he makes a living from it, is just weird. He also does his best to plug the club whenever he can, what more can the bloke do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 129
diehardmariner
December 8, 2020, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Agreed.

Regardless of your opinion on his work, the guy has nothing but love for the club and people seem to revel in sniping at him.  The absolute irony is people moaning at him for having his say....by having their say on him.

He's there every week, promoting GTFC in one way or another to his fan base, a base that's probably far larger than what we have at the minute. This is for a club that couldn't even announce signings in the summer because the lad with the social media account was on holiday.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 129
aldi_01
December 8, 2020, 10:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The fact people have a dig at Griffith’s or the Fenty in brigade resort to the very thing they’re accusing him of doing is laughable.

I don’t find the lad funny, I wouldn’t pay to watch him and how much of a town fan he is isn’t really important, he’s made a valid point and the club have seemingly reacted in a way that is verging on childish in my opinion.

It’s another indication of how slow the club are to move with the times or forward thinking they are.

Here you have a local lad done good, opinion of him is irrelevant, he’s been on a national show, open about his support and has a reach. The club should surely be working with people like this, utilising each other’s platforms to promote and push the club? Instead they choose to publish a mammary for tat statement.

Thing is, Griffith’s hasn’t actually said anything inaccurate...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 129
pen penfras
December 8, 2020, 11:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01
The fact people have a dig at Griffith’s or the Fenty in brigade resort to the very thing they’re accusing him of doing is laughable.

I don’t find the lad funny, I wouldn’t pay to watch him and how much of a town fan he is isn’t really important, he’s made a valid point and the club have seemingly reacted in a way that is verging on childish in my opinion.

It’s another indication of how slow the club are to move with the times or forward thinking they are.

Here you have a local lad done good, opinion of him is irrelevant, he’s been on a national show, open about his support and has a reach. The club should surely be working with people like this, utilising each other’s platforms to promote and push the club? Instead they choose to publish a mammary for tat statement.

Thing is, Griffith’s hasn’t actually said anything inaccurate...

I hope the irony of you complaining about people having a go at an individual is not lost.

He said Max Wright was told to get another job, sounds like that was inaccurate. Probably came like our furlough letter which states that you are allowed to work other jobs whilst on furlough, it wasn't a suggestion that you should do it though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 129
KingstonMariner
December 8, 2020, 10:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face
The club are much later than usual in publishing the accounts via companies house, wonder what the hold-up is?

Has anyone been able to access them via the Shareholders Portal?

Yes. Any particular point you want to know?

I put a post on the Statement from Day thread about Directors Loans going back to 2010 and how they've gone down over £800k since then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 129
KingstonMariner
December 8, 2020, 10:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

With the filing extension it’ll benign months after the year end until the accounts are filed

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 129
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Griffiths

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.