Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 330 Guests

Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

This thread currently has 30,522 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
essexexile
December 1, 2020, 9:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club
Its pretty clear we have no idea what to do out of possession , ball watching , ball chasing , reacting not anticipating. 11 individuals all acting and moving of their own accord.  The shape looks lopsided which has hindered us.

Some positives going forward but absolute schoolboy defending is letting us down.

That’s Town in a nutshell, no shape no method harum scarum pinball stuff ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 250
Southwark Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Oh dear this is bad. I really want Ollie to succeed but for the first time I am having doubts, we are not just losing but are being outclassed  by team with a much smaller fan base - we deserve better.

Exeter have realised they can't rely on their fanbase to fund success and have focused on stability and producing their own players, who they have then sold on for millions. It's what I think Ollie is trying to do here and what has been proven to work elsewhere.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 250
FishOutOfWater
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Really? Fair enough, it’s all about opinions, but from what I remember we were a painfully negative and uninspiring team that was only heading one way. I think the players were capable of more but Jolley had sucked the life out of them.

I don’t think we’re much better now but we are better. We will get enough points from the the teams around us to be okay (Crawley for example) but that’s it.

I’d be interested to know in what way you think we were better considering you think it so outrageous to suggest otherwise.

Quite happy to defend my position and of course I respect yours too CM ( that's why no x   )

Here's a link to the start of last season under Jolley

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1148&teamTabs=results

Erratic I would agree (especially in the October) but there were some good results prior to that

Apart from a few unexpected away wins this season, we've simply flattered to deceive

It's all about opinions of course but I really can't accept that the squad we have assembled this season are anywhere near as competent as what we had at the time of Jolley's departure

Anyway, onwards and upwards... hopefully that's what it will be and not onwards and downwards  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 202 - 250
golfer
December 1, 2020, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Talk talk and more talk Bullshit bullshit and more bullshit. Wonder what his excuses will be now ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 250
essexexile
December 1, 2020, 9:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from aldi_01
You don’t have to know much about league 2 to know that through the main body of the season Exeter will forever be the most effective and best side...until the playoffs.

We’ve literally ignored the fact they’re great going forward and been truly awful defensively...

Think Olly thought we’d score more than they them lol!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 250
MuddyWaters
December 1, 2020, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from golfer
Don't we do anything on the training ground. Exeter rehearsed everything they did tonight in training and made it look so easy. The only thing we can have rehearsed is picking the ball out of the net Actually we are not going to get any worse because that's an impossibility. They could so easily have doubled their 4 goals.

We haven’t had time apparently. Frankly, we’re undercooked (now watching Masterchef) every time we play. Several summer signings aren’t now even getting in the 18. What does that tell you? We went shopping in Poundland and got the half price bargains.
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 250
Ipswin
December 1, 2020, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Did it promise much? I don’t think so. We ground out a win with a couple of decent goals, we hardly overran them.

You’re right about it changing nowt. Just like tonight. As several have already said, we are what we are. Change on the managerial front won’t alter that.

It might not have promised that much but overnight the criticism of Holloway as seen after Tranmere suddenly disappeared To many he was the Messiah again and we were on the up

Strange how we are supposed to be optimistic and full of praise after a 2-1 win but aren't allowed to be pessimistic or critical after a 0-5 stuffing and a 1-4 hammering

As for changing the manager, however poor his player selection / signings were and however bad Covid affected things he has shown no sign of creating some sort of team however poor from the dross he put together. Some of the more promising players won't perform for him. He offers nothing but bullshit

I don't think there was any lack of effort from the players tonight. The team Holloway signed and put out was simply not good enough, clueless and poor. Holloway has done nowt to fashion any sort of team

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 250
Eastendmariner
December 1, 2020, 9:15pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
IH needs to sort this awful defence out it's has more holes than a colander I said it weeks ago back to basics back four dire Attack very very poor until we become more professional at the back It's only going one way DOWN

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 250
Henryscat
December 1, 2020, 9:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
A keeper who commands his box would be a start

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 250
HertsGTFC
December 1, 2020, 9:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Currently the side lacks a “get it to him” player, the “him” is a player who will pose a goal threat and if not threatening the goal just holding the ball up or getting in the right spaces when as we did tonight we get in behind the opposition. It’s not going to get fixed for a few weeks yet I’m afraid, if at all this season.

What concerns me most is that given he’s always going on about lack of player availability you’d expect us to work on being solid and structured for the time being until he can have better players available.

Like I say this ain’t getting fixed for a while and it’s going to be a bumpy ride for now.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 250
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.