Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 296 Guests

Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

This thread currently has 30,513 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
December 1, 2020, 9:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
Oh dear this is bad. I really want Ollie to succeed but for the first time I am having doubts, we are not just losing but are being outclassed  by team with a much smaller fan base - we deserve better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 250
Morris Minor
December 1, 2020, 9:03pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Sometimes I think that it's not a good idea to be able to watch i-follow without any problems.

Must admit I'd seen enough early second half and switched to Crime and Investigation.

Roll on Saturday, not!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 250
carrot top
December 1, 2020, 9:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
COVID clause fooked us. Cannot attract enough quality. What annoys me most of all is the poor distribution of the ball which almost always ends up with the opposition. Good job we won’t be playing Exeter every week as they are miles ahead of us. That said I do not think we are bad enough to go down

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 250
cardiffmariner
December 1, 2020, 9:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Not going to let that go.... no way can I accept that this team is better than any that Jolley put out. No way whatsoever

Really? Fair enough, it’s all about opinions, but from what I remember we were a painfully negative and uninspiring team that was only heading one way. I think the players were capable of more but Jolley had sucked the life out of them.

I don’t think we’re much better now but we are better. We will get enough points from the the teams around us to be okay (Crawley for example) but that’s it.

I’d be interested to know in what way you think we were better considering you think it so outrageous to suggest otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 250
Ipswin
December 1, 2020, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Even if we accept that Holloway's absolutely shite player purchases/signings are down to the budget (which I don't necessarily think they are) what has he actually done to get the best out of them and turn them into some sort of team however poor?

He's not up to the job, some of the better players (as opposed to the kids and those from the 7th or 8th tier) are not even on the bench and are clearly not playing for him, that is down to Holloway and no one else. He's out of his depth in the basement of the FL and the sooner he realises it the better.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 250
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2020, 9:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I guess it’s still early days in the Holloway Project (that experimental Jazz collective - free form skat a speciality in post-match interviews).

Given that we’ve had 5 different managers so far in less than 5 seasons, and all records have been much the same (Hurst not here in L2 long enough) that must tell us something. We just keep moving the deckchairs. Until the glorious day we should just suck it up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 250
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Don't be so dramatic. Exeter are likely to get promoted. We're good enough not to go down.

Think those rose tinted glasses need a clean ...11 goals conceded in 3 games and 2 scored.....we are not very good, not very good at all....yes, Exeter probably will go up, but we are heading one way, one way back into oblivion....that's the harsh reality of where we are....pains me to say it, but Jolley had more if clue than Holloway at times....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 250
promotion plaice

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Morris Minor
Sometimes I think that it's not a good idea to be able to watch i-follow without any problems.

Must admit I'd seen enough early second half and switched to Crime and Investigation.

Roll on Saturday, not!!!!!!!

I watched that and I didn't switch.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 250
golfer
December 1, 2020, 9:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Don't we do anything on the training ground. Exeter rehearsed everything they did tonight in training and made it look so easy. The only thing we can have rehearsed is picking the ball out of the net Actually we are not going to get any worse because that's an impossibility. They could so easily have doubled their 4 goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 250
cardiffmariner
December 1, 2020, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

The Crawley win changed nowt, just gave us false hope - it happens half a dozen times every season. Promise much one match and total shite again the next five

Did it promise much? I don’t think so. We ground out a win with a couple of decent goals, we hardly overran them.

You’re right about it changing nowt. Just like tonight. As several have already said, we are what we are. Change on the managerial front won’t alter that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 250
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.