Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

This thread currently has 30,496 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
December 1, 2020, 11:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Ps if we are so shiite ,and certainties to be non league next season, how come we have beaten 2 of the teams in the top 6 and drawn with 2 others in the top 10?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 250
ginnywings
December 1, 2020, 11:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano
Ps if we are so shiite ,and certainties to be non league next season, how come we have beaten 2 of the teams in the top 6 and drawn with 2 others in the top 10?  

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/basics/catastrophizing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 250
Norseman
December 2, 2020, 12:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
Did anyone else think olly actually looked defeated in his interview. To me he actually looked like he was almost at the end of his tether.
First time ive felt he looked really down. Lets get behind the lads. Weve been much worse off than this. Realistically as supporters what can we do but wait for good days. Town fans have always had a roller coaster ride. The uncertainty is part of the fun. UTM 😊😊😊
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 250
FishOutOfWater
December 2, 2020, 12:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Stockport Mariner

Why did we get rid of him then? And now after 6 months people are calling for Holloway’s head. I really feel the constant merry-go-round of managers hasn’t done the club any favours. Pick a manager and give him enough time to actually try and build something. Give the team some continuity, bring younger players through gradually, get the team used to the manager’s tactics. You never know, it could actually work.

I think you'll find that we didn't  "get rid of him"

Jolley walked

Before he was pushed maybe but........ he was not sacked!!  

Maybe need to get your facts right

Who though (other than Jolley himself) knows the full story behind his departure.... JF, JT, RH??

He left with a lot going on behind the scenes that's for sure and I'd say none of us will probably ever know  for sure or ever find out what led to him deciding to leave the club
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 233 - 250
Boris Johnson
December 2, 2020, 1:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

fluke, we also lost to Harrogate, and drew with the mighty Stevenage, so it depends on the level of shiteness, whether its Tier 1 Shite, Tier 2 Shite, or god forbid Tier 3 shite.

For what its worth, imo we are probably Tier 2 shite, with a couple of others being Tier 3 shite, we can with a little luck move to Tier 1 Shite, and the other Tier 2 shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 250
arryarryarry
December 2, 2020, 3:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano

In 2009/10, we beat Bournemouth who finished second, we also drew twice with the mighty Morecombe who finished 4th.

And we all know what happened that season

The odd good game doesn't really make up for the dross ones. IH will have to improve this squad in January or I think we will really struggle.
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 250
aldi_01
December 2, 2020, 6:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Seems odd though doesn’t it.

We bleated on, and continue to do so about the importance of penny pinching to simply exist. We caused our own problems in the summer, then, because of financial constraints imposed on ourselves, by ourselves we ended up with players we didn’t really want or would’ve looked at ordinarily. We’ve a big squad now that lacks much quality, we’ve still got injuries and now we’re saying we need to rebuild at the mid point of the season.

So being frugal hasn’t really been achieved and if it has it’s been counterproductive. What’s the saying? Buy cheap, buy twice?

I think Holloway is struggling, which is understandable given the situation but even the interview snippet they played before the game he moaned about Covid and not being able to sit with the whole squad and so on. Just seems excuse after excuse and deflecting anything away rather than addressing things or being honest.

One thing he was, always, was positive but now he seems downtrodden and defeatist. That isn’t just because of a few folks online...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 250
monkeyboy
December 2, 2020, 6:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
We have the basis of a good team that maybe 2 new players may get us firing.
Exeter were are very good team, as good as anything we seen in league 2 for a while and will go up for me.

IH is clearly trying to build something with bringing in youth and also promoting from within, some fans on here really need to go supporting a prem team if its instant success they are after. we aint got the cash for that.

He will get it right eventualy and that im confident with, he said we have the best fans but we also have a load of muppets that moan like intercourse that probably do support a prem team as well as claiming to support town.

We need this manager to have a few years at the club, yes there will be bad times but there will be good times too. we wont get relegated so if we finish bottom half so be it, he keeps the cream of what he has then goes again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 250
aldi_01
December 2, 2020, 6:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from monkeyboy
We have the basis of a good team that maybe 2 new players may get us firing.
Exeter were are very good team, as good as anything we seen in league 2 for a while and will go up for me.

IH is clearly trying to build something with bringing in youth and also promoting from within, some fans on here really need to go supporting a prem team if its instant success they are after. we aint got the cash for that.

He will get it right eventualy and that im confident with, he said we have the best fans but we also have a load of muppets that moan like intercourse that probably do support a prem team as well as claiming to support town.

We need this manager to have a few years at the club, yes there will be bad times but there will be good times too. we wont get relegated so if we finish bottom half so be it, he keeps the cream of what he has then goes again.

I don’t disagree and it’s no coincidence that the only success since Buckley came when we kept the manager for more than 5 minutes.

I don’t think anyone wants Holloway to go but it would be foolish not to be concerned at our current plight. For me, we’re very much staring at relegation at present, something which simply can’t afford to happen again. We should’ve learned our lessons and ensured that it’s unlikely to happen again and we’ll do everything we can to avoid it.

Sadly I don’t see that as the case and supported by the narrative from the club, our mere existence is apparently enough.

Nobody wants instant success but surely supporting a club also suggest fans want at least some progress or ideas moving forward.

Exeter are great but likely intercourse it up in the play offs again, but the way teams dismantle us is concerning and after the subs last night Davis spent 5 minutes sorting the ‘shape’ and it was almost utter confusion on the pitch.

We’ve shown glimmers of being able to play well and get results. I guess that’s why fans get frustrated. We take Cheltenham apart yet capitulate all too often.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 250
realist
December 2, 2020, 7:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I've slept on this to try and give a reasoned view, but I really can't defend this dire rubbish. Up to 11 not too bad, then all our weaknesses came to light again and we were soundly thrashed. To ship this many goals is appalling  and indefensible.   Time for a clear out of manager and players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 250
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.