Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 305 Guests

Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

This thread currently has 30,517 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
cardiffmariner
December 1, 2020, 9:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

We're not going to score 5 if that's what you mean. Not letting in 4 might make things a little less difficult up front

Eh? I mean we need a striker (or two) far more than we need a new keeper. Pretty obvious I would have thought. A creative midfielder with an eye for a pass to go with them would be good. But hey, let’s spin the narrative that the four goals tonight were McKeown’s fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 250
IlkleyMariner
December 1, 2020, 9:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think our so called supporters need to either grow up and get some proper judgement and get some understanding of the game.

Week after week we get trash from keyboard warriors.
Earlier today I posted that Exeter are a good side. Nothing has changed.

Hoping for a better result on Saturday and won’t be surprised if we get at least a draw.[url][/url]

Sorry but did we all miss a 2-1 win against in form Crawley only last week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 250
heppy88
December 1, 2020, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
For some on here it’s time to take a break and get some perspective. Except Swin, he gets off on spinning his web of negativity. When Town are doing well you never hear from him. But when results are poor he never shuts up. Holloway  inherited a crap situation and as time has passed that situation has got even crapper. COVID has knocked the stuffing out of the club. But at least we still have a club!! Football is spectator sport and footballers feed off the positivety. Most of these players have never been “supported” during a Town game. They can’t even see who they are playing for. Over the years I’ve been unforgiving of the dross we have had to put up with under the Fenty nightmare. But If we survive this season both on and off the pitch I’ll gladly take that and if Holloway wants to stay I’ll gladly accept that as well. Under these truely unprecedented times this club desperately needs some stability. For those of us who can’t wait for success then it may be time to take a break in order to see the bigger picture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 250
MuddyWaters
December 1, 2020, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from heppy88
For some on here it’s time to take a break and get some perspective. Except Swin, he gets off on spinning his web of negativity. When Town are doing well you never hear from him. But when results are poor he never shuts up. Holloway  inherited a crap situation and as time has passed that situation has got even crapper. COVID has knocked the stuffing out of the club. But at least we still have a club!! Football is spectator sport and footballers feed off the positivety. Most of these players have never been “supported” during a Town game. They can’t even see who they are playing for. Over the years I’ve been unforgiving of the dross we have had to put up with under the Fenty nightmare. But If we survive this season both on and off the pitch I’ll gladly take that and if Holloway wants to stay I’ll gladly accept that as well. Under these truely unprecedented times this club desperately needs some stability. For those of us who can’t wait for success then it may be time to take a break in order to see the bigger picture.

Let’s hope we do survive as a Football League club. Perhaps then we might finally realise that our current ‘stability’ is why we’re so desperatelyfucked that no one wants to invest a penny in Grimsby Town.
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 250
forza ivano
December 1, 2020, 10:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,174
Gold Stars: 265
The crawley win  didnt make us a promotion prospect and a 4.1 defeat to an excellent exeter doesnt make us relegation certainties.
Please try and keep a sense of balance folks
Holloway has basically admitted he got it wrong in the summer and he will be making changes in january. We are only a month away from the window opening  and we are not in the bottom 2, it's not as if we are cut adrift and completely  hopeless (crawley proves that)
Yes there are more lows than highs , but like many have said we are not getting anywhere by constantly changing managers.
Just take a deep breath and try to get a sense of balance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 250
MuddyWaters
December 1, 2020, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano
The crawley win  didnt make us a promotion prospect and a 4.1 defeat to an excellent exeter doesnt make us relegation certainties.
Please try and keep a sense of balance folks
Holloway has basically admitted he got it wrong in the summer and he will be making changes in january. We are only a month away from the window opening  and we are not in the bottom 2, it's not as if we are cut adrift and completely  hopeless (crawley proves that)
Yes there are more lows than highs , but like many have said we are not getting anywhere by constantly changing managers.
Just take a deep breath and try to get a sense of balance

I don’t see anyone wanting to change the manager.

All the past few months proves is that you can have the best manager available- we probably do- but the same problem continues. If that doesn’t tell you something I don’t know what will.
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 250
forza ivano
December 1, 2020, 10:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,174
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t see anyone wanting to change the manager.

All the past few months proves is that you can have the best manager available- we probably do- but the same problem continues. If that doesn’t tell you something I don’t know what will.

Dennis, northbank and Ipswich to name 3 at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 250
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2020, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There are people calling for Holloway’s head but not many OC.

Apart from that One thing you and Forza Ivano, and me come to that, are on the same page. 5 managers in just over 4 years, same results.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 250
ska face
December 1, 2020, 10:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Quick question for everyone saying this season is just about surviving - what sort of base does that build for next season?

Say we carry on as we have the first 13 games of the season and end up with 12/13 wins and finish up lower end of the table, how does that bode for the following season? We’ll have a squad of 7 contracted players plus Sam Russell, and will be going into next year off the back of 5 consecutive poor seasons (14th, 18th, 18th, 15th, then probably about the same again), no money from any cup runs and hoping that season ticket holders stump up again despite being taken for a ride this year.

Just seems like year after year of building and rebuilding on the same poor foundations.
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 250
The_Laughing_Mariner
December 1, 2020, 11:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
I thought we competed well at times, and for 10-15 mins after we scored we looked good.
Exeter are a very good side and are scoring goals for fun, but that apart from that all four goals were down to defensive lapses and could/should have been prevented.
We need a couple of experienced defenders, someone in midfield to control games, we have no-one to create chances, and an experienced head or two up front.
However, there are a lot of the squad who are just not of the required standard.
How can we go from a good performance one week to this in a week with virtually the same team.

another difficult game on saturday,  onward and upwards.

UTM

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 250
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.