Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 167 Guests

Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

This thread currently has 30,527 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
December 1, 2020, 9:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Dont  matter what they do on the training ground, clearly this lot are not any way near good enough to do the basics let alone play to a plan . This is Ollie`s fault  . i am glad he is not a car mechanic as he would have bought a saw and nail gun  to work with..this lot he got in  are 6/7 tier players not lg 2 players and wont be for years if at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 250
Stockport Mariner
December 1, 2020, 9:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Not going to let that go.... no way can I accept that this team is better than any that Jolley put out. No way whatsoever

Why did we get rid of him then? And now after 6 months people are calling for Holloway’s head. I really feel the constant merry-go-round of managers hasn’t done the club any favours. Pick a manager and give him enough time to actually try and build something. Give the team some continuity, bring younger players through gradually, get the team used to the manager’s tactics. You never know, it could actually work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 250
cardiffmariner
December 1, 2020, 9:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,316
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Quite happy to defend my position and respect yours too CM ( that's why no x   )

Here's a link to the start of last season under Jolley

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1148&teamTabs=results

Erratic I would agree (especially in the October) but there were some good results prior to that

Apart from a few unexpected away wins this season, we've simply flattered to deceive

It's all about opinions of course but I really can't accept that the squad we have assembled this season are anywhere near as competent as what we had at the time of Jolley's departure

Anyway, onwards and upwards... hopefully that's what it will be and not onwards and downwards  

I went to watch us at Cheltenham under Jolley when we lost 3-1 (if memory serves). We played well and, unusually for me, I emailed him directly after thanking him for bringing a bit of joy back to watching Town in what I thought had been a really promising display. By the time he left I could barely be arsed to sit and watch us play we’d become so negative and terrified of the football.

I don’t see that mindset with this current group, and whilst it’s not much to cling on to, it’s all I’ve got right now! I did say to my old man earlier in the season (really old, so can’t work the tech to watch!) that I thought we had better footballers than under Jolley (Rose, Scannell, Edwards) and I think I’d still stick to that. Not sure there’s anyone we released who you can say we’re desperately missing. IMHO of course  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 250
Ipswin
December 1, 2020, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Stockport Mariner

get the team used to the manager’s tactics. You never know, it could actually work.

Nobody understands the manager's tactics and that includes the manager, he's out of his depth.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 250
friskneymariner
December 1, 2020, 9:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Does anyone know how many watched on i-follow figures must be going down.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 250
Lincs Iron man
December 1, 2020, 9:33pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
1-4 😳

Oooooops
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 250
cardiffmariner
December 1, 2020, 9:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,316
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Henryscat
A keeper who commands his box would be a start

That’ll be the same keeper who kept us in it early doors almost single-handedly? I appreciate McKeown has flaws but to have a pop at him based on tonight’s game seems pretty desperate. The other end of the pitch is far more of a concern.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 250
moosey_club
December 1, 2020, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from friskneymariner
Does anyone know how many watched on i-follow figures must be going down.

i wont be next time out thats for sure.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 250
Ipswin
December 1, 2020, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cardiffmariner

That’ll be the same keeper who kept us in it early doors almost single-handedly? I appreciate McKeown has flaws but to have a pop at him based on tonight’s game seems pretty desperate. The other end of the pitch is far more of a concern.

We're not going to score 5 if that's what you mean. Not letting in 4 might make things a little less difficult up front

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 250
ginnywings
December 1, 2020, 9:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
The thing with good sides who are playing well and full of confidence is that they make you look terrible. They find space easily, they open you up, they have you on the back foot and it leads to the poorer side making increasingly poor decisions and losing shape.

They won 3-1 at Gillingham on Saturday and 6-1 the game before. They are clearly at the top of their game at the moment. Let's hope we can start to move in that direction given time. Exeter have been developing that squad for years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 250
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread, brought to you by Debenhams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.