11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
November 4, 2020, 10:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Not our election and we don’t live there and cannot vote. However it will affect us and the rest of the world . It appears very close, a  complete liar or a man who appears a bit senile with dodgy connections? Harsh choice as many thought we had last year.
Pretending a virus isn’t real seems a strange strategy to me but has seemed to work in the US
Private Message
GollyGTFC
November 4, 2020, 10:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from codcheeky
Not our election and we don’t live there and cannot vote. However it will affect us and the rest of the world . It appears very close, a  complete liar or a man who appears a bit senile with dodgy connections? Harsh choice as many thought we had last year.
Pretending a virus isn’t real seems a strange strategy to me but has seemed to work in the US

It's not close though is it? Biden is heading towards a 306-232 victory (the exact reverse of 2016) with Pennsylvania & Georgia both looking set to go to Biden. And he doesn't even need them to become President. Fox News already have Biden on 264 with Nevada (6) yet to be declared but a safe Democrat state. Sky Bet have Biden 1/9. Trump has no legal or ethical way of winning the election.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 106
GollyGTFC
November 4, 2020, 10:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
In fact Trump's chances are so low that Nigel Farage has started tweeting about the lockdown instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 4, 2020, 10:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Trump seems to have completely stacked it and has entered a new realm of mental with his claims of victory and accusations of fraudulent voting. No doubt he will come out with his standard "Nobody has been more unfairly treated than Donald Trump" quote.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 106
Maringer
November 4, 2020, 11:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Poisoning the well for Biden (who isn't much of a candidate). Without the senate, Biden won't be able to get anything done and ramping up the rhetoric about cheating lets Trump claim he's not a 'loser'. I suppose it's possible that he's deluded enough to believe all the rubbish he's coming out with, but not likely.

I'd imagine the Republican establishment will be only too happy to buy into the narrative to galvanise their base for the next mid-term elections. With Harris as VP, expect the dog-whistle racial stuff to ramp up a fair bit as well.

My guess is that the next wave of Covid will be very bad in Republican states and they'll somehow find a way to try and blame Biden for it...

Have to say, it doesn't speak well for almost half of the American electorate that they can watch Trump lie his way through his term in office (literally thousands of lies on record) and still think he's the man for them. His tax cuts for the wealthy exploded the US deficit even before the pandemic and his vandalism of the various governmental institutions is something which would take years to repair, even with a house of representatives backing the administration. It's going to be another 4 excrement years for the US and therefore the rest of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 12:50am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I said to my son last night, it’s weird hoping the electoral map goes blue. Seriously though, this is a contest between two brands of Conservatism but it is one that matters as far afield as the Baltic, Black Sea and South China Sea, to say nothing of Buffalo.

intercourse me the orange guy is a loon. It s he really that ignorant of his own country’s electoral processes or is he just a girl private?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 106
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 8:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Donald trump is an ego maniac in the truest sense and a very undignified and dangerous individual. The only fraud in all of this is the man himself.

To dial up the rhetoric and potentially incite violence at a time when tensions are high is grossly irresponsible. The problem is like the pied piper, when he plays his tune his supporters follow, seemingly incapable of rational or individual thought. It would be funny if it wasn’t scary.

Chris Michael, 40, from Gilbert, Arizona, said he came to make sure all votes are counted.
He said he wants assurances that the counting was done "ethically and legally....”

..........(whilst armed with a fully automatic assault rifle among a group of similarly armed men!!!)

Scary!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 8:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Biden could well win the election but he will never be President in reality. How can anyone who does not know the difference between his son and granddaughter be taken seriously. The Democrats will be hoping catastrophe comes soon or he needs to be pensioned on health grounds. Their strategy all along has been to get Kamala Harris in by the back door but they knew she would get hammered in a straight fight with Trump if she were the official POTUS candidate.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 5, 2020, 9:44am

Exile
I know we have issues with it in this country but the American electoral set up is so batshit. No wonder they prefer elderly men past retirement age as president.

"One of the things with a US election is that it is a highly decentralised system, and until the Electoral College actually meets to vote until mid-December, we don’t have an ‘official’ result. In truth, those votes aren’t actually even properly counted until the Senate meets on 6 January. It probably made more sense as a system in the 1800s when news took a lot longer to travel."

Even if Biden does win it will be like Keir Starmer being prime minister but the tory party being the majority party, completely unworkable and completely nuts.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 106
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Biden could well win the election but he will never be President in reality. How can anyone who does not know the difference between his son and granddaughter be taken seriously. The Democrats will be hoping catastrophe comes soon or he needs to be pensioned on health grounds. Their strategy all along has been to get Kamala Harris in by the back door but they knew she would get hammered in a straight fight with Trump if she were the official POTUS candidate.

I’m not sure the son and granddaughter argument holds up when they’ve taken Trump so seriously with his record of not being able to tell fact from fiction.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 106
ginnywings
November 5, 2020, 10:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Hopefully, once Trump is ousted, they can get hold of his tax records and put him in prison for fraud and tax evasion. I somehow doubt it though. The man is seriously deranged but scarily clever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 10:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
I know we have issues with it in this country but the American electoral set up is so batshit. No wonder they prefer elderly men past retirement age as president.

"One of the things with a US election is that it is a highly decentralised system, and until the Electoral College actually meets to vote until mid-December, we don’t have an ‘official’ result. In truth, those votes aren’t actually even properly counted until the Senate meets on 6 January. It probably made more sense as a system in the 1800s when news took a lot longer to travel."

Even if Biden does win it will be like Keir Starmer being prime minister but the tory party being the majority party, completely unworkable and completely nuts.

That is deliberate though. The checks and balances of 3 equal parts - legislature, judiciary and executive are built into the constitution. It didn’t stop Clinton, Kennedy or Roosevelt as relatively young presidents. I think the elderly man bit is more the result of the parties’ method of selection.

The Democrats have had a young white president in Clinton, a black president who went down like a lead balloon,  tried for a white woman who was a proven liar, none old, The Republicans went for Trump as the only one who would speak out publicly against Obama and Hilary and they had no answers.  This time I think the Democrat power masters have been more subtle. Use Biden to get the job and hope he doesn’t last the 4 years so the real candidate doesn’t have to face election until 2024.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 5, 2020, 10:44am

Exile

That is deliberate though. The checks and balances of 3 equal parts - legislature, judiciary and executive are built into the constitution. It didn’t stop Clinton, Kennedy or Roosevelt as relatively young presidents. I think the elderly man bit is more the result of the parties’ method of selection.

The Democrats have had a young white president in Clinton, a black president who went down like a lead balloon,  tried for a white woman who was a proven liar, none old, The Republicans went for Trump as the only one who would speak out publicly against Obama and Hilary and they had no answers.  This time I think the Democrat power masters have been more subtle. Use Biden to get the job and hope he doesn’t last the 4 years so the real candidate doesn’t have to face election until 2024.

You're probably right about Biden almost being a stooge put up by the Democrats as I would be very dubious if Kamala Harris could get elected as president with America being the country it is and her being a woman and mixed race. It does amuse me when you see Republicans talk about Biden and his leftist agenda with links to ANTIFA and marxism when in reality he's probably closer to the centre-right and could even be in the Tory party were he in this country.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177

In what way did Obama go down like a lead balloon? He very comfortably won two elections. The idea of Trump as some sort of truth-teller is laughable as well. You think he was the only Republican prepared to attack Hilary? The truth is the moment was right for somebody who could sell himself as an enemy of the metropolitan elite and a friend of blue collar America.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 106
grimsby pete
November 5, 2020, 11:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
My opinion is they are both too old and there should be an age limit on who can be elected as president.

After all they will be in charge of the most powerful country on the planet. I suggest any person should be Under 70 when they first put forward which means they will be 74 when they complete their term of office.

If Biden wins he could be 86 by the time he finishes his second term if elected.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 12:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

In what way did Obama go down like a lead balloon? He very comfortably won two elections. The idea of Trump as some sort of truth-teller is laughable as well. You think he was the only Republican prepared to attack Hilary? The truth is the moment was right for somebody who could sell himself as an enemy of the metropolitan elite and a friend of blue collar America.

I think that’s the same as I said. Obama did go down like a lead balloon with those blue collar voters who had no candidate for those 2 elections. And yes, I do think Trump is the only one who would have gone for the Clinton jugular in the way he did.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker

I think that’s the same as I said. Obama did go down like a lead balloon with those blue collar voters who had no candidate for those 2 elections. And yes, I do think Trump is the only one who would have gone for the Clinton jugular in the way he did.

You said they had a black president who went down like a lead balloon. No mention of any demographics.

Trump may have gone for the Clinton jugular but that's different to telling the truth unless you believe nonsense about paedophile Islands and pizza shops. He was the perfect candidate at the time to go against somebody who couldn't have been less inspiring or more of an embodiment of the political, metropolitan elite that poor, rural America so loathe. I don't see that he told the truth though so much as he was prepared to fuel lies and rumour and effectively do absolutely anything he thought would help him win. He's a serial liar and bullshitter as we're seeing currently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 1:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
I am also curious to know whether you are suggesting Biden is actually senile? If so it was a hell of a job to get him through the campaign with the debates and rallies with only a few slips with names etc. I think I do agree that it seems a bit crazy a man in his late 70's is about to become President but better that than a man in is mid 70's with psychopathic tendencies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 3:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
I am also curious to know whether you are suggesting Biden is actually senile? If so it was a hell of a job to get him through the campaign with the debates and rallies with only a few slips with names etc. I think I do agree that it seems a bit crazy a man in his late 70's is about to become President but better that than a man in is mid 70's with psychopathic tendencies.

They did a brilliant job with Biden. Amazing really. Mind you all he needed to do was say as little as possible and let Trump make a fool of himself. I have no love for Trump though, just looking at it straight. It seems so obvious that the Democrats are at the very least hedging their bets. You really think the blue collars were happy with a black president? Not what I heard but maybe you know more.

The republicans have just made a complete mess of things. They should have duck taped Trump’s mouth  It could cost them but they may salvage something by taking the senate.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 4:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
You think every blue collar worker across the USA is a racist? If that were true he wouldn't have won two elections so comfortably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 5:22pm
Meths Drinker
I’m beginning to wonder if RRFC has an orange tan given the conspiracy theory he’s putting forward here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 6:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I’m beginning to wonder if RRFC has an orange tan given the conspiracy theory he’s putting forward here.

The 'democrat puppet-master' stuff is very Foxy isn't it?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
GollyGTFC
November 5, 2020, 6:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
You think every blue collar worker across the USA is a racist? If that were true he wouldn't have won two elections so comfortably.

Stats from 2016 election...

White with no college degree (34% of electorate): Trump 67% Clinton 28%
White with college degree (37% of electorate): Trump 49% Clinton 45%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election#Voter_demographics

Very simply, the more highly educated you are the more likely you are to vote Democrat.

So white "blue collar" workers are very much "Trump's base". It doesn't make them racist, but if they vote for a racist then they can't complain when that label is thrown at them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 7:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
We were talking specifically about Obama in the context of that conversation and RRFC stating he had gone down like a lead balloon. Blue collar is absolutely Trump's base I agree. Some pretty dated economic theories about rebuilding the manufacturing sector and closing the trade deficit understandably appealed to that demographic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
ginnywings
November 5, 2020, 9:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Biden predicted to take Wisconsin, giving him a total so far of 253, needing 17 more.

Meanwhile, Trump gets more desperate and deranged in his insistence that the Democrats are cheating.

Thing is, if there were any chance that fraudulent voting was a possibility, it's just as likely, if not more so, that it would be Trump doing it. Don't his supporters realise that?

It works both ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
GrimRob
November 5, 2020, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Trump's team knew that the midwest states would count the postal vote last, so it was a fair bet to say that it would play out much as it has done if he won Florida and the election hinged most likely on the same states it did last time. I'd like to speculate that he's had postal voting in his radar for some time as something to flag up and try and hang on to power with should he need to challenge the results in a close race.

If I was the Republican Party I'd be happy with running the Senate and handing over to the Dems for the next 4 years as it's going to be a pretty rough ride for whoever is in control. Trump's a liability for them, best wash their hands of him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 106
MarinerWY
November 5, 2020, 11:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Bloody hell they aren't half dragging their heels...
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 6, 2020, 12:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,823
Gold Stars: 553
It is perfectly reasonable to investigate any electoral fraud. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for recounts where the margin is <1%.

It is not acceptable to tweet and then rant during press conferences infactual, inflammatory rubbish which is going to incite a loyal, cultish support.

Other republicans need to intervene. They still have control the senate and will probably return in 4 years. Trump is damaging the country, the party and the electoral system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
Sandford1981
November 6, 2020, 8:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Trump rallied his supporters to attend in person and due to COVID Biden encouraged people to go postal. Consequently, the postal vote is heavily in Biden’s favour.

Whether Donald always saw this as a tactic I’m unsure but it sure is convenient for the kind of bullish!t we are hearing at the moment.

I saw the Trump camp wheel out a batty old woman as ‘evidence’ of electoral fraud last night, I thought it was a comedy sketch. It was pure and utter desperation and I’m sure Trump supporters will have got excited by it but it was car crash TV, embarrassing and undignified.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 10:32am
Special Brew Drinker
It is perfectly reasonable to investigate any electoral fraud. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for recounts where the margin is <1%.

It is not acceptable to tweet and then rant during press conferences infactual, inflammatory rubbish which is going to incite a loyal, cultish support.

Other republicans need to intervene. They still have control the senate and will probably return in 4 years. Trump is damaging the country, the party and the electoral system.

Why does anyone need to intervene? If it looks as bad as you say then surely he is only harming himself?

Trump is not damaging the country, he is only damaging Trump. He is a prize prat but he has a right to be heard and to rant if he wants. Networks refusing to show that are more damaging to the country than he is.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 10:43am
Special Brew Drinker

I have a Hancock pallor just at the moment!

Anyone who has read about US elections (and U.K. for that matter) knows that the real deals are done in smoke filled rooms and involve people we might never imagine had an interest. Sections of the parties do deals with other sections and with outsiders too. It does not take much imagination to see what the Democrat party elders decided to do when their convention failed to bring out an outstanding candidate. Biden was the only one they could agree on and they were hardly confident but it did give them an opportunity to do the fix for Harris. US politics is about 4/8/12 years hence not tomorrow.

There is no conspiracy over the media and digital shutdown on Trump though, it is just a self-preservation act. The core users and audiences are also the targets for the advertisers who effectively give those media people their profits and they cannot afford to upset either of them. It is ironic in a way that capitalist instinct is now working for Biden and against Trump!

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 6, 2020, 11:23am

Exile

Why does anyone need to intervene? If it looks as bad as you say then surely he is only harming himself?

Trump is not damaging the country, he is only damaging Trump. He is a prize prat but he has a right to be heard and to rant if he wants. Networks refusing to show that are more damaging to the country than he is.

I suppose it depends on what your take is on it but he is damaging the Republican party or at least changing the direction/attitude/make up of that party. If his vote count had been down/the same as 2016 then the Republicans could have just sacked him off but as he has increased vote numbers since 2016 then maybe from now on every Republican candidate put up will have to be some sort of well known gibbering monster on Twitter and TV calling for the death of child-sacrificing metropolitan elites and crying out fraud at every turn.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2020, 2:24pm
Meths Drinker

I have a Hancock pallor just at the moment!

Anyone who has read about US elections (and U.K. for that matter) knows that the real deals are done in smoke filled rooms and involve people we might never imagine had an interest. Sections of the parties do deals with other sections and with outsiders too. It does not take much imagination to see what the Democrat party elders decided to do when their convention failed to bring out an outstanding candidate. Biden was the only one they could agree on and they were hardly confident but it did give them an opportunity to do the fix for Harris. US politics is about 4/8/12 years hence not tomorrow.

There is no conspiracy over the media and digital shutdown on Trump though, it is just a self-preservation act. The core users and audiences are also the targets for the advertisers who effectively give those media people their profits and they cannot afford to upset either of them. It is ironic in a way that capitalist instinct is now working for Biden and against Trump!

Now you really do sound like one of the conspiracy loons. To achieve what you’re suggesting takes some organising and the compliance of lots and lots of people. Something would be bound to slip out.

Then the politics being about 4/8/12 years hence flies in the face of all logic and known political policies. You add several orders of magnitude to the unlikelihood of the conspiracy succeeding when you add in those timeframes. Completely batshit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 3:16pm
Special Brew Drinker

Now you really do sound like one of the conspiracy loons. To achieve what you’re suggesting takes some organising and the compliance of lots and lots of people. Something would be bound to slip out.

Then the politics being about 4/8/12 years hence flies in the face of all logic and known political policies. You add several orders of magnitude to the unlikelihood of the conspiracy succeeding when you add in those timeframes. Completely batshit.

No it isn’t Kingston and no it does not take organising on a massive scale. It is just about ordinary political agreements and backscratching in a system which is about personalities and image.. You are making it into something ultra conspiratorial not me.    Anyone who knows anything about US politics knows that the 4/8/12 years notion is right. You can even go back to the late 40s/50s and check on the timetable of Joe Kennedy for his son for instance.

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 106
ginnywings
November 6, 2020, 3:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Loved it when the networks, including Fox, who are Trumps biggest advocates, pulled the plug on his desperate rant because he was talking unsubstantiated bollox. That shows he is already yesterdays man and I bet it really pi$$ed him off, which is a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2020, 3:31pm
Meths Drinker

No it isn’t Kingston and no it does not take organising on a massive scale. It is just about ordinary political agreements and backscratching in a system which is about personalities and image.. You are making it into something ultra conspiratorial not me.    Anyone who knows anything about US politics knows that the 4/8/12 years notion is right. You can even go back to the late 40s/50s and check on the timetable of Joe Kennedy for his son for instance.

The first claim of the conspiracy theorist is that it isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 3:56pm
Special Brew Drinker

The first claim of the conspiracy theorist is that it isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Does that mean the first claim of the anti-conspiracy theorist is that it is a conspiracy?

I just find it all good clean fun Kingston. Let’s see what happens next eh?

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 6, 2020, 4:11pm

Exile
Seems that some are starting to call it for Biden and airspace is being established over Bidens home. There's no way Trump will concede though, he's way too entreched in all his many paranoid conspiracies.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 106
grimsby pete
November 6, 2020, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
This is going to run and run with legal claims coming fast and furious.

We should have a poll what comes first this or Brexit.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 106
ginnywings
November 6, 2020, 8:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Trump is done, no matter his crazy protestations. Classic case of someone who has never been told "no".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 106
cmackenzie4
November 6, 2020, 10:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
It’s bizarre behaviour by trump, he’s like a spoilt child.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 106
GrimRob
November 7, 2020, 5:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Well it's official. Trump is going to have to concentrate of his memoirs which I am sure he will say are REALLY GREAT.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2020, 5:09pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Well it's official. Trump is going to have to concentrate of his memoirs which I am sure he will say are REALLY GREAT.

Strictly speaking it's not official. It's been 'called' but not official until all the votes counted (still counting) and the EC needs to meet to confirm it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2020, 5:11pm
Meths Drinker
Dear Donald,

Watch and learn from a statesman. A man who served his country in war and didn't dodge the draft.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 7, 2020, 5:12pm
Meths Drinker

Does that mean the first claim of the anti-conspiracy theorist is that it is a conspiracy?

I just find it all good clean fun Kingston. Let’s see what happens next eh?

Agreed. 👍

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 106
GollyGTFC
November 13, 2020, 9:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It's not close though is it? Biden is heading towards a 306-232 victory (the exact reverse of 2016) with Pennsylvania & Georgia both looking set to go to Biden. And he doesn't even need them to become President. Fox News already have Biden on 264 with Nevada (6) yet to be declared but a safe Democrat state. Sky Bet have Biden 1/9. Trump has no legal or ethical way of winning the election.

NYT Election Result

All states have now been called and it's 306-232 to Biden (like I said 9 days ago). Trump has lost bigly!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 14, 2020, 10:54am

Exile
Quoted from GollyGTFC

NYT Election Result

All states have now been called and it's 306-232 to Biden (like I said 9 days ago). Trump has lost bigly!

Not so fast, don't forget,

Tweet 1325099845045071873 will appear here...

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 106
GollyGTFC
November 14, 2020, 6:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Best US Presidential Election headline EVER...

Tweet 1325186366590709762 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 106
Manchester Mariner
January 6, 2021, 9:16pm

Exile
Tweet 1346921815080366081 will appear here...

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 106
codcheeky
January 6, 2021, 9:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Chaos in Washington, Trump is absolutely nuts
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 106
ginnywings
January 6, 2021, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Not just Trump, a good proportion of Americans are nuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 106
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2021, 10:35pm
Meths Drinker
Scary stuff. All whipped up by the orange freak.

Putin must be a happy man tonight.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 106
ginnywings
January 6, 2021, 11:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
All so he can leave office and say he didn't lose, he was cheated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 106
scrumble
January 7, 2021, 12:45am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Have a look at the comments on his facebook page, his supporters are already twisting it. Some are convinced everyone who stormed the Capitol where either Antifa dressed up as Trump supporters to make them look bad, they're all actors and this was actually filmed days ago, or the police stepped back and let them in to trick them in to going in to the building.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 106
GollyGTFC
January 7, 2021, 7:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from scrumble
Have a look at the comments on his facebook page, his supporters are already twisting it. Some are convinced everyone who stormed the Capitol where either Antifa dressed up as Trump supporters to make them look bad, they're all actors and this was actually filmed days ago, or the police stepped back and let them in to trick them in to going in to the building.

To be fair to the Trump supporters, that’s all a lot more realistic than that the story about the election being stolen.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 106
Humbercod
January 7, 2021, 8:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Shocking to read about people being killed last night this does not look good for Trump. I’ve only looked at the sky news headlines briefly so far so I’ll be cautious as to what they’re reporting, but what strikes me straight away is the mass condemnation for Trump and his supporters (rightly so) verses what we see for the BLM, Antifa riots that were literally burning cities to the ground for months on end including the capital, at the same time we were being told it it was was mostly peaceful.
I wonder if CNN anchors are still asking  ‘show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful’🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 106
ginnywings
January 7, 2021, 8:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
When I saw the early news yesterday, with Trump rallying his supporters and still refusing to accept defeat, I said there will be people killed there tonight. I see this morning there are 4 dead.

Trump is a very dangerous man who needs removing ASAP. I hope he is arrested for his actions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 106
Sandford1981
January 7, 2021, 9:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Donald Trump is a deplorable human being. End of story. The biggest problem with all of this is none of us are in the least bit surprised and it was entirely predictable this kind of violence would occur.
Lord Acton’s quote has never been so fitting:
‘ Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!’

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 106
Gaffer58
January 7, 2021, 10:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
A fair example of how Trump ran his business dealings, heaven help anybody who didn’t kowtow to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 106
January 7, 2021, 10:56am
Brandy Drinker
The scary thing is that, without Covid, the world would have probably faced four more years of Trump.

Imagine how he would have been in four years time. Desperately trying to push Donald Jr or Ivanka forward to replace him, with him as shadow President.

I can’t believe there are people in this country (and probably on this board) who still defend him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 7, 2021, 1:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
A friend who lives in the US once told me the biggest problem Americans have with Presidential elections is finding someone to vote for. When you go back through just the past 120 years it is a real struggle to see very many outstanding and honest candidates who appealed across the board. Probably Franklin D Roosevelt would be the best pick of a bad bunch.

I always thought Jimmy Carter was an honest tryer ...... but useless. I’m struggling to think of another one I would be happy to vote for and trust in a crisis.

Trump is Nixon on steroids isn’t he? What a choice they had in this election, a loony versus a puppet.

What I don’t understand about this demo is that the reaction to it was so slow, it has been on the stocks for ages. For a lot of them it was payback for the New York riots which according to my US source are still a regular and unpoliced  possibility. So it seemed so obvious something would happen. Yet the only winners were the anti-Trumps. The gun lobby shot him in the foot there.

The next question is - who controls Biden? Seems to me he is in much the same state as Reagan when he was elected for the second term. It was a toss up between Nancy, GHW Bush, Haig, Schultz and Weinberger.  Biden will need his own Cheney to ride shotgun or else policies are going to sprout in different directions all over the place now the Dems have the Senate.

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 106
ska face
January 7, 2021, 1:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847

The next question is - who controls Biden? L

The same people as usual -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m.....esidential-campaign/
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 7, 2021, 2:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Yes well their version of Betfred came good!  

You are right, “meet the new boss, same as the old boss.”

It was ever thus when you have had two parties which are both conglomerates of so many different voting groups. The money wins.

But Biden is in there for 4 years if he lasts out, even the money needs a daily agent to keep the administration on a sort of straight and narrow. They might agree to a sort of Obama-lite health scheme for instance but they could not let that get out of hand. They could back restraints on Biden’s media backers who have done so much to push back Trump. But those media moguls and celebrity supporters may have different opinions to old style Democrat legislators wanting to formalise social media with freedom of the press. I suspect there will be a lot of thinking around the roles played by those big social media mouths in the past 4 years.

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 106
January 7, 2021, 3:31pm
Brandy Drinker
A friend who lives in the US once told me the biggest problem Americans have with Presidential elections is finding someone to vote for.

Ditto. Johnson (Boris, not LBJ) vs Corbyn
Macron vs Le Pen (2017)
Macron vs Le Pen (2022)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 106
January 7, 2021, 3:43pm
Brandy Drinker
I read an interesting article last week suggesting that the dysfunctional lives of The Simpsons, conceived in the 90s, are now a cultural and financial mirage for most Americans.

The Simpson family has quite a normal, affluent life, full of opportunities, living amid the final days of the ‘American Dream’, compared with modern Merica

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/617499/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 7, 2021, 6:55pm
Special Brew Drinker

Ditto. Johnson (Boris, not LBJ) vs Corbyn
Macron vs Le Pen (2017)
Macron vs Le Pen (2022)

I agree about the French but the UK doesn't work the same does it? Most recently neither May nor Johnson first was elected PM by a general election.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 106
Humbercod
January 8, 2021, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
USA politics will remain a basket case for generations now despite Trumps failings, he wanted to reform a totally corrupt system but to many had to much to lose. The problem for Biden is that he’s now got to payback these billionaire oligarch backers with deals and appeasement which benefit them and not the people, this is going to be his ultimate downfall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 8, 2021, 9:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
USA politics will remain a basket case for generations now despite Trumps failings, he wanted to reform a totally corrupt system but to many had to much to lose. The problem for Biden is that he’s now got to payback these billionaire oligarch backers with deals and appeasement which benefit them and not the people, this is going to be his ultimate downfall.

Very true. There are a lot of Democrats keen to get back on the anti-trust law bandwagon but much of Biden’s campaign funding has come from there. Then there is the power of social media. Zuckkerberg is still trying to curry favour by keeping Trump off Facebook but this censorship will come back to bite him. The complaints in the past about media bias from Murdoch, Fox etc. pale into insignificance beside the censorship of Twitter and Facebook.

Private Message
Reply: 67 - 106
ginnywings
January 8, 2021, 10:30am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Humbercod

Priceless!

Trump the reformer.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 8, 2021, 10:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Priceless!

Trump the reformer.  

I hate this loose use of words that comes from the media. Reform is not and never has been a left wing monopoly and neither is it always progressive. It depends on your starting point, it simply means altering something to improve it, in the opinion of the reformer. Therefore Thatcher sought to reform local taxation by introducing the Poll Tax. Great move eh?  You and I and Trump might all see reform as a positive but our definitions of positive may be miles apart.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 106
Maringer
January 8, 2021, 2:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The idea that Trump wanted to reform a corrupt system to improve it is absolutely laughable. He's slashed regulations and taxes to make it even more of a free for all for the wealthy. It's no coincidence that many of his appointments when in office were right-wing billionaires.

Hiss selling of drilling rights for some of the Alaskan wilderness which was reported the other day is his equivalent of leaving a big turd on the desk in the Oval Office before he goes.

Biden, like Obama before him will be somewhat of a Tony Blair figure. He'll tinker around the edges of the corrupt system (which does exist) to make minor improvements without having the gumption to force through wholesale changes required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 106
Humbercod
January 8, 2021, 3:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
It doesn’t matter who’s in power you say wealthy I say the ruling class, the end result is that they always win this has been highlighted even more so after Trumps 4 years, it would of been more or less the same with someone at the opposite end say Sanders if they’d let him in, he’d of tried to make radical changes but the end result would of been much like Trumps.

I personally haven’t got to much of a problem with the rich getting richer if it means jobs and prosperity for the man/woman in the street. Pre- Trump if trying to set up a new business as a budding entrepreneur you’d be better of just moving to Canada with all the job crushing regulations in play.
By the time Trump had finished slashing and cutting, the USA had an economy that was booming again, with record numbers of jobs!(pre-COVD)

You mention his right wing appointments and? I don’t really see your problem here as we all have our biases, and I don’t imagine Biden and OAC will be to top heavy with right wingers’ do you?

I don’t see Biden in any kind of Tony Blair mould, don’t get me wrong I was glad to see the back of Blair but legacy aside he was after all a decent leader! in fact the only real UK leader along with Thatcher that I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, No Biden’s a puppet a useful puppet for those pulling his strings agree nothing will radically change.... as you where now, normal service will resume with  just another grey man in a suit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 106
Maringer
January 9, 2021, 12:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

I personally haven’t got to much of a problem with the rich getting richer if it means jobs and prosperity for the man/woman in the street. Pre- Trump if trying to set up a new business as a budding entrepreneur you’d be better of just moving to Canada with all the job crushing regulations in play.

Job crushing regulations? In the US? You're having a laugh! You can sack someone over there at the drop of a hat and they are only entitled to about 2 weeks holidays a year. A fraction of the number of public holidays that most civilised countries have as well and the reliance on health insurance means that millions are trapped in their jobs with ever more onerous strains put on them.

If the rich are getting richer, where does the money come from to make them richer? Sectoral balances and money creation is the answer. Despite massive money creation (i.e. government debt) since 2010, the poor are just are poor or even worse off and the wealthy are getting an ever-larger share of the pie. The idea that Trump was ever going to help the average worker on the street is just wishful thinking. When you cut taxes as the Republicans like, the people who benefit most tend to be those already earning more money, i.e. the wealthy. Unless the tax cuts are extremely specifically targetted, which they rarely are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 106
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2021, 4:07am
Meths Drinker
I don’t think Humbocod knows what he’s arguing for. One minute he’s saying cut regulation then the next they should protect the poor from the rich.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 106
Humbercod
January 9, 2021, 8:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Trump took the weakest economic recovery since the Great Depression and turned it into the strongest labour market in modern times. Once his tax bill went through jobs rocketed, with more vacancies than the number of people unemployed.
In anyone’s book this is how you help the poor!
but hey ho US citizen's can now revert back to normality with democratic benefits, it’s worked for generations keep the poor poor and grateful and the rich richer and even more grateful. Anyone with any ambition or aspiration can puss off to Canada.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 9, 2021, 10:11am
Special Brew Drinker
I can see them having fun and games over the budgets when Harris starts on a new Healthcare kick.

A lot of those demonstrators are loonies just as a lot of the BLM ones have been. But behind that is a sold lump of voters on each side and as far as Trump is concerned they cannot all be millionaires if he is getting that many voters. It is not just the ultra-rich who benefit, it has been the unemployed too.

The rich/poor argument does not break down neatly into Republican/Democrat either. The richest people like Zuckerberg and Musk are theoretically Democrats and they are going to come calling on Biden for their just desserts in supporting his campaign. Add to that the fact that historically  southern Democrats have been more conservative than northern Republicans and the mix becomes a mess.

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 106
Manchester Mariner
January 9, 2021, 1:23pm

Exile
Any notion that Trump is some sort of reformist or economic champion must surely be superseded by the fact he has spent the last 4 years firing up a race and culture war in America. He is anti democratic in pushing baseless ideas the election was stolen from him and then incited thousands of extremists inspired by conspiracy theories to invade their democratic capital building because they want to reverse the democratic outcome of an election.

Private Message
Reply: 76 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 9, 2021, 7:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Any notion that Trump is some sort of reformist or economic champion must surely be superseded by the fact he has spent the last 4 years firing up a race and culture war in America. He is anti democratic in pushing baseless ideas the election was stolen from him and then incited thousands of extremists inspired by conspiracy theories to invade their democratic capital building because they want to reverse the democratic outcome of an election.

Perhaps you are right. But the fact remains that only his own idiocy and the censorship of Facebook and Twitter prevented his re-election. The "stolen" election was stupid, he stole it himself with his arrogance earlier in the year when the Democrats didn't know whether to sh!t, shave or shower and ended up with a puppet.

In the long run though, the most significant thing about this election will be the debate it has started about the power of Zuckerberg and Dolan to simply stop the expression of a view. It doesn't matter whether the view is good, bad or indifferent, there has to be some debate over this. Likewise CNN saying Fox News should be banned because it did not describe the Capitol riot as an insurrection.

There is a real can of worms here and Biden has just fallen right in it.

Private Message
Reply: 77 - 106
codcheeky
January 9, 2021, 8:08pm
Cocktail Drinker

Perhaps you are right. But the fact remains that only his own idiocy and the censorship of Facebook and Twitter prevented his re-election. The "stolen" election was stupid, he stole it himself with his arrogance earlier in the year when the Democrats didn't know whether to sh!t, shave or shower and ended up with a puppet.

In the long run though, the most significant thing about this election will be the debate it has started about the power of Zuckerberg and Dolan to simply stop the expression of a view. It doesn't matter whether the view is good, bad or indifferent, there has to be some debate over this. Likewise CNN saying Fox News should be banned because it did not describe the Capitol riot as an insurrection.

There is a real can of worms here and Biden has just fallen right in it.

Let’s be honest, Trump has not been silenced, he is free to hold a press conference any time of night or day, trying to cause as much mischief and chaos as he can on social media before he goes benefits no one least of all him in the long term. Leaders have responsibilities, Trump already has 5 deaths on his conscience from this week, the system of having an election without immediate exchange of power really is showing its limitations, Trump is not fit for these last dozen or so days, he left his VP to potentially face a a rioting mob, the man needs sectioning
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 106
Maringer
January 10, 2021, 12:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Trump took the weakest economic recovery since the Great Depression and turned it into the strongest labour market in modern times. Once his tax bill went through jobs rocketed, with more vacancies than the number of people unemployed.

Funny what can happen when you explode the government debt, isn't it? If you enact enormous tax cuts which can't possibly pay for themselves, there is obviously a lot more money in the system and employment goes up, but government debt then rises massively. It's what Reagan did, it's what GWB did yet still the right-wingers claim they are interested in economic prudence.

However, whenever left-wing parties release their plans for investment in the economy or higher wages for public sector workers, the cry is, "How can we afford it?" Isn't it strange how the main beneficiaries of tax cuts are always the wealthy? How peculiar.

Useful link to read:

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

Of course, expensive though Trump's tax cuts were, it all pales into insignificance with the fallout caused by the ongoing pandemic. That doesn't mean that Trump should be seen as in any way economically competent. Critics of the tax cuts were correct in saying they would never pay for themselves. Claiming you created the best economy just because you whacked big chunks on the national debt doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 106
Humbercod
January 10, 2021, 9:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Interesting to see Trump way down the table and holier than tho Obama in the top 5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 106
January 10, 2021, 11:08am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Interesting to see Trump way down the table and holier than tho Obama in the top 5.

Wasn’t Obama elected shortly after the 2008 financial crisis, which obviously affected his fiscal policy significantly?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 106
scrumble
January 10, 2021, 10:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Humbercod
Once his tax bill went through jobs rocketed, with more vacancies than the number of people unemployed.

Literally a 2 second google:
https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

Unemployment peaked around the time Obama came in, but that was caused by the recession before he took over, and its been going down at a steady rate ever since with no massive spike in jobs during Trumps tenure.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 106
aldi_01
January 12, 2021, 6:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s certainly become the latest fashion trend to slag off Obama.

Seems easier to slag him off than face up to the reality of the outgoing fool. Is it because it’s easier to just make throw away comments about a bloke who lasted two terms rather than listing the countless incompetences of the outgoing president, do the home truths not hurt so much?

It says a lot about western politics and particularly American politics when the presidential campaign was two elderly fellas, in truth, out of touch with most things. How very forward thinking of them...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 106
Humbercod
January 12, 2021, 7:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from scrumble

Literally a 2 second google:
https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

Unemployment peaked around the time Obama came in, but that was caused by the recession before he took over, and its been going down at a steady rate ever since with no massive spike in jobs during Trumps tenure.

The Graph looks good either way for both men (pre-covid) but doesn’t tell the full story far from it.
When Obama and Biden left office in January 2017, there were 1.9 million more people unemployed than there were job openings.
But just over a year later Trump had reversed this with his tax and Jobs Act, the job vacancies exceeded the number of people unemployed for the first time in years, and it stayed like this for 24 consecutive months until covid as the graph points out.

And just to compare as the graph cannot show that eight years of the Obama and Biden administration, there wasn’t a single month when job openings exceeded the number of people unemployed. Absolute Zero.

And just to compare as again the graph cannot show year after year wage growth exceeded 3 percent for the first time in nearly a decade and stayed at or above 3 percent for 20 consecutive months until covid struck.. But under Team holy Obama and Biden there wasn’t a single post recession month when wage growth exceeded 3 percent. Again zero.

As much as people want to hate Trump you cannot ignore the facts, when I say he gave people hope with job creation and as a result a booming economy whether you like it or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 106
Humbercod
January 12, 2021, 7:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Seems easier to slag him off than face up to the reality of the outgoing fool. Is it because it’s easier to just make throw away comments about a bloke who lasted two terms rather than listing the countless incompetences of the outgoing president, do the home truths not hurt so much?

It says a lot about western politics and particularly American politics when the presidential campaign was two elderly fellas, in truth, out of touch with most things. How very forward thinking of them...

Let’s be clear Obama achieved nothing! One of the worst presidents in history who promised so much but achieved so little. I will give him credit for his deportation act to be fair, as he kicked out more people than Trump.

If Obama had achieved half as much as Trump, even over his full 8 years then they’d be chiselling his mug onto Rushmore as I type.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 12, 2021, 12:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Ah yes, if only we were back in the days of Reagan and Brezhnev.

Private Message
Reply: 86 - 106
Maringer
January 13, 2021, 12:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

As much as people want to hate Trump you cannot ignore the facts, when I say he gave people hope with job creation and as a result a booming economy whether you like it or not.

I presume you voted for Labour at the last election, then? They promised enormous government expenditure which would have led to a booming economy at the expense of additional government debt. Of course, we'd have been left within something useful from this investment regardless of the debt. Not something which the US has managed from the cost of Trump's tax cuts.

Trump and his billionaire flunkies are some of the remaining folk who actually believe (well, at least claim to believe) the utterly discredited supply-side nonsense prevalent since the 1980s that thinks tax cuts lead to an increase in growth and revenue. The US national debt increased by almost $1 trillion during 2019 alone after Trump's cuts:

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20.....ises?t=1610494955547

Interestingly enough, the fiscal hawkiness of right-wingers in the US seems to disappear when their guy is in charge. Reagan doubled the national debt in real terms, GWB increased it massively as well. Obviously, there are wars and recessions which made differences and the recessions weren't always a fault of the government policy.

It really is laughable that some people think that Trump was in any way a competent president. He's dismantled much of the US government and it will take years and a lot of money to rebuild what has been destroyed. The alternative will be for the country to fall apart. Not sure if Biden is up to the job or not or even how much he plans to do. A lot depend on what his backers want, I suppose. That's life in US politics (and UK politics in recent years).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 106
promotion plaice
January 13, 2021, 9:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Trump reaches a new low......

"In his final week in office, President Donald Trump finally earned himself a superlative distinction for the history books: the first president in U.S. history to be impeached twice."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 106
Humbercod
January 16, 2021, 9:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

I presume you voted for Labour at the last election, then? They promised enormous government expenditure which would have led to a booming economy at the expense of additional government debt. Of course, we'd have been left within something useful from this investment regardless of the debt. Not something which the US has managed from the cost of Trump's tax cuts.

Trump and his billionaire flunkies are some of the remaining folk who actually believe (well, at least claim to believe) the utterly discredited supply-side nonsense prevalent since the 1980s that thinks tax cuts lead to an increase in growth and revenue. The US national debt increased by almost $1 trillion during 2019 alone after Trump's cuts:

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20.....ises?t=1610494955547

Interestingly enough, the fiscal hawkiness of right-wingers in the US seems to disappear when their guy is in charge. Reagan doubled the national debt in real terms, GWB increased it massively as well. Obviously, there are wars and recessions which made differences and the recessions weren't always a fault of the government policy.

It really is laughable that some people think that Trump was in any way a competent president. He's dismantled much of the US government and it will take years and a lot of money to rebuild what has been destroyed. The alternative will be for the country to fall apart. Not sure if Biden is up to the job or not or even how much he plans to do. A lot depend on what his backers want, I suppose. That's life in US politics (and UK politics in recent years).

Under a Corbyn government the rich (wealth creators) would of fled, and jobs would of disappeared. People would be better off on benefits. (until the money run out).

It’s laughable people (the left) think he wasn’t a competent president, you told us (the left) he would create war with Russia,North Korea and Iran, I laughed as the hysterical Clinton supporters on social media predicted WW3.
But in reality he he bonded with Putin, brokered peace in the Middle East, he brought peace in the Korean Peninsula with his historic meeting with the Supreme leader, he stood up to Iran (bye bye General) stood up to China, we also got see ISIS as a force wiped out under his watch. What we didn’t see as with past presidents was a war! maybe that’s where he lacks in competency. I’m sure the Biden resume will address this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 106
Humbercod
January 16, 2021, 9:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Trump reaches a new low......

"In his final week in office, President Donald Trump finally earned himself a superlative distinction for the history books: the first president in U.S. history to be impeached twice."

Bad behind!
When I look at the people against Trump I like even more.
He’s going to be like Ben Kenobi, strike him down and he becomes more powerful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 106
Stadium
January 18, 2021, 6:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Humbercod

Bad behind!
When I look at the people against Trump I like even more.
He’s going to be like Ben Kenobi, strike him down and he becomes more powerful.

A comment which is a little too obvious when looking for a reaction.
I'll leave you with these pearls of wisdom to mull over:

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-donald-trumps-45-most-controversial-tweets-12098204

Also have a look here if you haven't viewed:

https://www.itv.com/hub/storming-the-capitol-the-inside-story/10a1177a0001

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 106
Humbercod
January 21, 2021, 11:59am
Cocktail Drinker
I see Beijing Biden has got straight to work, removing the Churchill bust from the Oval Office! Well he certainly hates our country that’s for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 106
Stadium
January 21, 2021, 5:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
I see Beijing Biden has got straight to work, removing the Churchill bust from the Oval Office! Well he certainly hates our country that’s for sure.

Can you update the thread on the number of American artworks on display at 10 Downing Street?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 106
KingstonMariner
January 22, 2021, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Humbocod. Typical Fenty fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 106
LH
January 22, 2021, 11:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Humbocod. Typical Fenty fan.

Anyone on a Grimsby based forum calling themself HumberCod is not a true Grimbarian and should intercourse off AFAIAC.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 106
KingstonMariner
January 22, 2021, 11:58pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from LH

Anyone on a Grimsby based forum calling themself HumberCod is not a true Grimbarian and should intercourse off AFAIAC.

Good point. Probably a Scunt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 106
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 9:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Can you update the thread on the number of American artworks on display at 10 Downing Street?

What world famous artwork s are you referring to? Idiotic!

By making comment on our greatest  war leading Prime minister and not Knowing the importance of Churchill and the relationship with our greatest allies then sorry and I’m being kind when I say you’re a complete idiot.

The Bust was a gift and was then put proudly on display where it should never of been touched. If you don’t realise what Biden did by removing the bust (on his first day) as being a complete snub to our country then you’re an idiot. But then you’re probably one of these left wing moron’s who revels in the demise of our country under a conservative government.

You’re probably one of those left wing idiots who got excited at the fact the IRA supporting USA president is going to make life hard for our Country economically.

Biden first day-
1. Remove Churchill bust insult Uk
2. Kill thousands of jobs
3. End of women's sport
4. Military manoeuvres in the Middle East
5. End fracking after promising he wouldn’t
6. Stick his troops in garage

Nearly 4 years of this woke test to go, enjoy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 106
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 9:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from LH

Sad and Pathetic reaction from i’l hazard a guess some one with left wing views?
Why is the left so Intolerant and hateful of opposite views?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 106
KingstonMariner
January 23, 2021, 10:48am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Sad and Pathetic reaction from i’l hazard a guess some one with left wing views?
Why is the left so Intolerant and hateful of opposite views?

It’s not intolerance to say that your views are stupid. Are you a snowflake who upset that someone criticises you? Oh diddums.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 106
Stadium
January 23, 2021, 10:57am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

What world famous artwork s are you referring to? Idiotic!

By making comment on our greatest  war leading Prime minister and not Knowing the importance of Churchill and the relationship with our greatest allies then sorry and I’m being kind when I say you’re a complete idiot.

The Bust was a gift and was then put proudly on display where it should never of been touched. If you don’t realise what Biden did by removing the bust (on his first day) as being a complete snub to our country then you’re an idiot. But then you’re probably one of these left wing moron’s who revels in the demise of our country under a conservative government.

You’re probably one of those left wing idiots who got excited at the fact the IRA supporting USA president is going to make life hard for our Country economically.

Biden first day-
1. Remove Churchill bust insult Uk
2. Kill thousands of jobs
3. End of women's sport
4. Military manoeuvres in the Middle East
5. End fracking after promising he wouldn’t
6. Stick his troops in garage

Nearly 4 years of this woke test to go, enjoy!

Oh dear,you seem to rather upset & throwing around childish insults.
Were you equally in rage after Mr Obama did the same when he reorganised his office? ( I would hazard a guess you were)
As for your "list" it doesn't make any sense??
Still as you seem to be a cheerleader for the previous administration it does all make sense.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
DB
January 23, 2021, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
I not that interested in American politics be it Dems. or Rebs.

I could never understand why about 49% of the electorate would want to vote for a man who told them to drink bleach to get rid of covid. Likewise given his age why about 51% wanted to vote for a senior old age pensioner, 78 years old.

It seems a shame neither part could put forward a candidate younger than, say, 60 years old.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 4:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB
I not that interested in American politics be it Dems. or Rebs.

I could never understand why about 49% of the electorate would want to vote for a man who told them to drink bleach to get rid of covid. Likewise given his age why about 51% wanted to vote for a senior old age pensioner, 78 years old.

It seems a shame neither part could put forward a candidate younger than, say, 60 years old.

He didn’t actually tell anyone to drink bleach, this was the usual fake news pushed out by the MSM.

As for a younger candidate I ask myself the same question, how can a country of 300M not find more suitable candidates, both these men should of been considering retirement. It’s the same in this country MPs and lords in their late 70s and 80s how about move over and give others a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
Stadium
January 23, 2021, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

He didn’t actually tell anyone to drink bleach, this was the usual fake news pushed out by the MSM.

As for a younger candidate I ask myself the same question, how can a country of 300M not find more suitable candidates, both these men should of been considering retirement. It’s the same in this country MPs and lords in their late 70s and 80s how about move over and give others a chance.

100% correct.

His quote was:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

And led onto:

Trump did not explicitly recommend ingesting a disinfectant like bleach. Nevertheless, his remarks led some companies and state agencies to issue warnings about ingesting disinfectants. The maker of Lysol said in a statement that "under no circumstance" should its products be used in the human body.

Not irresponsible at all was it??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
Humbercod
January 23, 2021, 6:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

100% correct.

His quote was:

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

And led onto:

Trump did not explicitly recommend ingesting a disinfectant like bleach. Nevertheless, his remarks led some companies and state agencies to issue warnings about ingesting disinfectants. The maker of Lysol said in a statement that "under no circumstance" should its products be used in the human body.

Not irresponsible at all was it??

Oh here we go...

Best not leave out his quote in full in the interest of context!

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."[/i]

An empathetic president in need for his people asking professionals the question, desperate yes but understandable, if people were going to start drinking bleach based on this they would be either
1. Mad
2. Deranged liberals with so much hate for Trump.

Out of interest do you have any bleach drinking statics in the aftermath, not reports of, actual hospitalisation????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
Stadium
January 23, 2021, 6:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Oh here we go...

Best not leave out his quote in full in the interest of context!

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."[/i]

An empathetic president in need for his people asking professionals the question, desperate yes but understandable, if people were going to start drinking bleach based on this they would be either
1. Mad
2. Deranged liberals with so much hate for Trump.

Out of interest do you have any bleach drinking statics in the aftermath, not reports of, actual hospitalisation????

Out of interest did his people report back on benefits of said treatment??
Thought not.

And remember the President even confirmed he was not serious and just being sarcastic:

"Then, just hours later, Trump had a new walk back. “I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,” he said to a pool gathered at a White House meeting."

Then again didn't he say it would just disappear??

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
DB
January 23, 2021, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Stadium

Out of interest did his people report back on benefits of said treatment??
Thought not.

And remember the President even confirmed he was not serious and just being sarcastic:

"Then, just hours later, Trump had a new walk back. “I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,” he said to a pool gathered at a White House meeting."

Then again didn't he say it would just disappear??

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

As I said I'm not into American politics. I just wonder why the President would make such a statement. He was playing games with people's lives without dotting the i 's and crossing the t's.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Trump   Biden

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.