11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 5, 2020, 10:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Hopefully, once Trump is ousted, they can get hold of his tax records and put him in prison for fraud and tax evasion. I somehow doubt it though. The man is seriously deranged but scarily clever.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 10:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
I know we have issues with it in this country but the American electoral set up is so batshit. No wonder they prefer elderly men past retirement age as president.

"One of the things with a US election is that it is a highly decentralised system, and until the Electoral College actually meets to vote until mid-December, we don’t have an ‘official’ result. In truth, those votes aren’t actually even properly counted until the Senate meets on 6 January. It probably made more sense as a system in the 1800s when news took a lot longer to travel."

Even if Biden does win it will be like Keir Starmer being prime minister but the tory party being the majority party, completely unworkable and completely nuts.

That is deliberate though. The checks and balances of 3 equal parts - legislature, judiciary and executive are built into the constitution. It didn’t stop Clinton, Kennedy or Roosevelt as relatively young presidents. I think the elderly man bit is more the result of the parties’ method of selection.

The Democrats have had a young white president in Clinton, a black president who went down like a lead balloon,  tried for a white woman who was a proven liar, none old, The Republicans went for Trump as the only one who would speak out publicly against Obama and Hilary and they had no answers.  This time I think the Democrat power masters have been more subtle. Use Biden to get the job and hope he doesn’t last the 4 years so the real candidate doesn’t have to face election until 2024.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 5, 2020, 10:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41

That is deliberate though. The checks and balances of 3 equal parts - legislature, judiciary and executive are built into the constitution. It didn’t stop Clinton, Kennedy or Roosevelt as relatively young presidents. I think the elderly man bit is more the result of the parties’ method of selection.

The Democrats have had a young white president in Clinton, a black president who went down like a lead balloon,  tried for a white woman who was a proven liar, none old, The Republicans went for Trump as the only one who would speak out publicly against Obama and Hilary and they had no answers.  This time I think the Democrat power masters have been more subtle. Use Biden to get the job and hope he doesn’t last the 4 years so the real candidate doesn’t have to face election until 2024.

You're probably right about Biden almost being a stooge put up by the Democrats as I would be very dubious if Kamala Harris could get elected as president with America being the country it is and her being a woman and mixed race. It does amuse me when you see Republicans talk about Biden and his leftist agenda with links to ANTIFA and marxism when in reality he's probably closer to the centre-right and could even be in the Tory party were he in this country.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177

In what way did Obama go down like a lead balloon? He very comfortably won two elections. The idea of Trump as some sort of truth-teller is laughable as well. You think he was the only Republican prepared to attack Hilary? The truth is the moment was right for somebody who could sell himself as an enemy of the metropolitan elite and a friend of blue collar America.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 106
grimsby pete
November 5, 2020, 11:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
My opinion is they are both too old and there should be an age limit on who can be elected as president.

After all they will be in charge of the most powerful country on the planet. I suggest any person should be Under 70 when they first put forward which means they will be 74 when they complete their term of office.

If Biden wins he could be 86 by the time he finishes his second term if elected.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 12:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

In what way did Obama go down like a lead balloon? He very comfortably won two elections. The idea of Trump as some sort of truth-teller is laughable as well. You think he was the only Republican prepared to attack Hilary? The truth is the moment was right for somebody who could sell himself as an enemy of the metropolitan elite and a friend of blue collar America.

I think that’s the same as I said. Obama did go down like a lead balloon with those blue collar voters who had no candidate for those 2 elections. And yes, I do think Trump is the only one who would have gone for the Clinton jugular in the way he did.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker

I think that’s the same as I said. Obama did go down like a lead balloon with those blue collar voters who had no candidate for those 2 elections. And yes, I do think Trump is the only one who would have gone for the Clinton jugular in the way he did.

You said they had a black president who went down like a lead balloon. No mention of any demographics.

Trump may have gone for the Clinton jugular but that's different to telling the truth unless you believe nonsense about paedophile Islands and pizza shops. He was the perfect candidate at the time to go against somebody who couldn't have been less inspiring or more of an embodiment of the political, metropolitan elite that poor, rural America so loathe. I don't see that he told the truth though so much as he was prepared to fuel lies and rumour and effectively do absolutely anything he thought would help him win. He's a serial liar and bullshitter as we're seeing currently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 1:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
I am also curious to know whether you are suggesting Biden is actually senile? If so it was a hell of a job to get him through the campaign with the debates and rallies with only a few slips with names etc. I think I do agree that it seems a bit crazy a man in his late 70's is about to become President but better that than a man in is mid 70's with psychopathic tendencies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 5, 2020, 3:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I am also curious to know whether you are suggesting Biden is actually senile? If so it was a hell of a job to get him through the campaign with the debates and rallies with only a few slips with names etc. I think I do agree that it seems a bit crazy a man in his late 70's is about to become President but better that than a man in is mid 70's with psychopathic tendencies.

They did a brilliant job with Biden. Amazing really. Mind you all he needed to do was say as little as possible and let Trump make a fool of himself. I have no love for Trump though, just looking at it straight. It seems so obvious that the Democrats are at the very least hedging their bets. You really think the blue collars were happy with a black president? Not what I heard but maybe you know more.

The republicans have just made a complete mess of things. They should have duck taped Trump’s mouth  It could cost them but they may salvage something by taking the senate.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 4:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
You think every blue collar worker across the USA is a racist? If that were true he wouldn't have won two elections so comfortably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Trump   Biden

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.