TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 10:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I’m beginning to wonder if RRFC has an orange tan given the conspiracy theory he’s putting forward here.

I have a Hancock pallor just at the moment!

Anyone who has read about US elections (and U.K. for that matter) knows that the real deals are done in smoke filled rooms and involve people we might never imagine had an interest. Sections of the parties do deals with other sections and with outsiders too. It does not take much imagination to see what the Democrat party elders decided to do when their convention failed to bring out an outstanding candidate. Biden was the only one they could agree on and they were hardly confident but it did give them an opportunity to do the fix for Harris. US politics is about 4/8/12 years hence not tomorrow.

There is no conspiracy over the media and digital shutdown on Trump though, it is just a self-preservation act. The core users and audiences are also the targets for the advertisers who effectively give those media people their profits and they cannot afford to upset either of them. It is ironic in a way that capitalist instinct is now working for Biden and against Trump!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 6, 2020, 11:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41

Why does anyone need to intervene? If it looks as bad as you say then surely he is only harming himself?

Trump is not damaging the country, he is only damaging Trump. He is a prize prat but he has a right to be heard and to rant if he wants. Networks refusing to show that are more damaging to the country than he is.

I suppose it depends on what your take is on it but he is damaging the Republican party or at least changing the direction/attitude/make up of that party. If his vote count had been down/the same as 2016 then the Republicans could have just sacked him off but as he has increased vote numbers since 2016 then maybe from now on every Republican candidate put up will have to be some sort of well known gibbering monster on Twitter and TV calling for the death of child-sacrificing metropolitan elites and crying out fraud at every turn.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2020, 2:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I have a Hancock pallor just at the moment!

Anyone who has read about US elections (and U.K. for that matter) knows that the real deals are done in smoke filled rooms and involve people we might never imagine had an interest. Sections of the parties do deals with other sections and with outsiders too. It does not take much imagination to see what the Democrat party elders decided to do when their convention failed to bring out an outstanding candidate. Biden was the only one they could agree on and they were hardly confident but it did give them an opportunity to do the fix for Harris. US politics is about 4/8/12 years hence not tomorrow.

There is no conspiracy over the media and digital shutdown on Trump though, it is just a self-preservation act. The core users and audiences are also the targets for the advertisers who effectively give those media people their profits and they cannot afford to upset either of them. It is ironic in a way that capitalist instinct is now working for Biden and against Trump!

Now you really do sound like one of the conspiracy loons. To achieve what you’re suggesting takes some organising and the compliance of lots and lots of people. Something would be bound to slip out.

Then the politics being about 4/8/12 years hence flies in the face of all logic and known political policies. You add several orders of magnitude to the unlikelihood of the conspiracy succeeding when you add in those timeframes. Completely batshit.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 3:16pm
Special Brew Drinker

Now you really do sound like one of the conspiracy loons. To achieve what you’re suggesting takes some organising and the compliance of lots and lots of people. Something would be bound to slip out.

Then the politics being about 4/8/12 years hence flies in the face of all logic and known political policies. You add several orders of magnitude to the unlikelihood of the conspiracy succeeding when you add in those timeframes. Completely batshit.

No it isn’t Kingston and no it does not take organising on a massive scale. It is just about ordinary political agreements and backscratching in a system which is about personalities and image.. You are making it into something ultra conspiratorial not me.    Anyone who knows anything about US politics knows that the 4/8/12 years notion is right. You can even go back to the late 40s/50s and check on the timetable of Joe Kennedy for his son for instance.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 106
ginnywings
November 6, 2020, 3:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Loved it when the networks, including Fox, who are Trumps biggest advocates, pulled the plug on his desperate rant because he was talking unsubstantiated bollox. That shows he is already yesterdays man and I bet it really pi$$ed him off, which is a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 106
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2020, 3:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

No it isn’t Kingston and no it does not take organising on a massive scale. It is just about ordinary political agreements and backscratching in a system which is about personalities and image.. You are making it into something ultra conspiratorial not me.    Anyone who knows anything about US politics knows that the 4/8/12 years notion is right. You can even go back to the late 40s/50s and check on the timetable of Joe Kennedy for his son for instance.

The first claim of the conspiracy theorist is that it isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 3:56pm
Special Brew Drinker

The first claim of the conspiracy theorist is that it isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Does that mean the first claim of the anti-conspiracy theorist is that it is a conspiracy?

I just find it all good clean fun Kingston. Let’s see what happens next eh?

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 106
Manchester Mariner
November 6, 2020, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Seems that some are starting to call it for Biden and airspace is being established over Bidens home. There's no way Trump will concede though, he's way too entreched in all his many paranoid conspiracies.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 106
grimsby pete
November 6, 2020, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
This is going to run and run with legal claims coming fast and furious.

We should have a poll what comes first this or Brexit.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 106
ginnywings
November 6, 2020, 8:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Trump is done, no matter his crazy protestations. Classic case of someone who has never been told "no".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Trump   Biden

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.