11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 5:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’m beginning to wonder if RRFC has an orange tan given the conspiracy theory he’s putting forward here.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 6:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I’m beginning to wonder if RRFC has an orange tan given the conspiracy theory he’s putting forward here.

The 'democrat puppet-master' stuff is very Foxy isn't it?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
GollyGTFC
November 5, 2020, 6:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
You think every blue collar worker across the USA is a racist? If that were true he wouldn't have won two elections so comfortably.

Stats from 2016 election...

White with no college degree (34% of electorate): Trump 67% Clinton 28%
White with college degree (37% of electorate): Trump 49% Clinton 45%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election#Voter_demographics

Very simply, the more highly educated you are the more likely you are to vote Democrat.

So white "blue collar" workers are very much "Trump's base". It doesn't make them racist, but if they vote for a racist then they can't complain when that label is thrown at them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 106
Rodley Mariner
November 5, 2020, 7:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
We were talking specifically about Obama in the context of that conversation and RRFC stating he had gone down like a lead balloon. Blue collar is absolutely Trump's base I agree. Some pretty dated economic theories about rebuilding the manufacturing sector and closing the trade deficit understandably appealed to that demographic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
ginnywings
November 5, 2020, 9:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Biden predicted to take Wisconsin, giving him a total so far of 253, needing 17 more.

Meanwhile, Trump gets more desperate and deranged in his insistence that the Democrats are cheating.

Thing is, if there were any chance that fraudulent voting was a possibility, it's just as likely, if not more so, that it would be Trump doing it. Don't his supporters realise that?

It works both ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
GrimRob
November 5, 2020, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Trump's team knew that the midwest states would count the postal vote last, so it was a fair bet to say that it would play out much as it has done if he won Florida and the election hinged most likely on the same states it did last time. I'd like to speculate that he's had postal voting in his radar for some time as something to flag up and try and hang on to power with should he need to challenge the results in a close race.

If I was the Republican Party I'd be happy with running the Senate and handing over to the Dems for the next 4 years as it's going to be a pretty rough ride for whoever is in control. Trump's a liability for them, best wash their hands of him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 106
MarinerWY
November 5, 2020, 11:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,941
Gold Stars: 45
Bloody hell they aren't half dragging their heels...
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 6, 2020, 12:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
It is perfectly reasonable to investigate any electoral fraud. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for recounts where the margin is <1%.

It is not acceptable to tweet and then rant during press conferences infactual, inflammatory rubbish which is going to incite a loyal, cultish support.

Other republicans need to intervene. They still have control the senate and will probably return in 4 years. Trump is damaging the country, the party and the electoral system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
Sandford1981
November 6, 2020, 8:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Trump rallied his supporters to attend in person and due to COVID Biden encouraged people to go postal. Consequently, the postal vote is heavily in Biden’s favour.

Whether Donald always saw this as a tactic I’m unsure but it sure is convenient for the kind of bullish!t we are hearing at the moment.

I saw the Trump camp wheel out a batty old woman as ‘evidence’ of electoral fraud last night, I thought it was a comedy sketch. It was pure and utter desperation and I’m sure Trump supporters will have got excited by it but it was car crash TV, embarrassing and undignified.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 6, 2020, 10:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
It is perfectly reasonable to investigate any electoral fraud. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for recounts where the margin is <1%.

It is not acceptable to tweet and then rant during press conferences infactual, inflammatory rubbish which is going to incite a loyal, cultish support.

Other republicans need to intervene. They still have control the senate and will probably return in 4 years. Trump is damaging the country, the party and the electoral system.

Why does anyone need to intervene? If it looks as bad as you say then surely he is only harming himself?

Trump is not damaging the country, he is only damaging Trump. He is a prize prat but he has a right to be heard and to rant if he wants. Networks refusing to show that are more damaging to the country than he is.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Trump   Biden

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.