Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 323 Guests

Vernam

This thread currently has 39,926 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
July 6, 2020, 4:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Ipswin
FFS if we can't manage to keep a player when we simply have to take up a one year option already in his contract we may as well pack it in, bit like forgetting to renew the alcohol licence at BP - totally inept.

Have you read my previous post regarding extending his contract? Mollie has said that the club asked for clarification from EFL, who advised us to wait, so we did. We couldn't trigger the extension because Vernan is on less money than his previous contract.

So mister know it all what is it that you would have done given the unique circumstances we find ourselves in? Put a gun to Vernan"s head and force him to sign perhaps?

You are very quick to stick the knife in at every opportunity but sometimes it is just fate that deals Town another bad hand rather than ineptitude on the board's side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 188
mimma
July 6, 2020, 4:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from mimma

Have you read my previous post regarding extending his contract? Ollie has said that the club asked for clarification from EFL, who advised us to wait, so we did. We couldn't trigger the extension because Vernan is on less money than his previous contract.

So mister know it all what is it that you would have done given the unique circumstances we find ourselves in? Put a gun to Vernan"s head and force him to sign perhaps?

You are very quick to stick the knife in at every opportunity but sometimes it is just fate that deals Town another bad hand rather than ineptitude on the board's side.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 188
Ipswin
July 6, 2020, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from mimma

Have you read my previous post regarding extending his contract? Mollie has said that the club asked for clarification from EFL, who advised us to wait, so we did. We couldn't trigger the extension because Vernan is on less money than his previous contract.

No I don't read your posts whether you post them singly or in duplicate, I don't know who Mollie is but why was he representing us to the EFL? Why did we take the EFL's advice anyway ? Do they run GTFC? How is it that we are dealt a bad hand every flipping time ?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 188
sonofmadeleymariner
July 6, 2020, 5:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

No I don't read your posts whether you post them singly or in duplicate, I don't know who Mollie is but why was he representing us to the EFL? Why did we take the EFL's advice anyway ? Do they run GTFC? How is it that we are dealt a bad hand every flipping time ?

Yes why would a football club take the advice of its governing body its madnes I say!!

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 188
mimma
July 6, 2020, 6:09pm
Brandy Drinker

Yes why would a football club take the advice of its governing body its madnes I say!!

Beat me to it!

Should have asked Alan Shearer, he knows a lot about football LOL.

If you blame ineptitude of the board and Fenty, then please explain in what way, and what they SHOULD have done Ipswin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 188
Ipswin
July 6, 2020, 6:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from mimma

Beat me to it!

Should have asked Alan Shearer, he knows a lot about football LOL.

If you blame ineptitude of the board and Fenty, then please explain in what way, and what they SHOULD have done Ipswin.

Firstly I am not blaming Fenty individually in any way

The board as a whole including Holloway should and could legally have enforced the option of the extra year, its in the clubs contract with him (so long as they enforce it in time of course - if they didn't that's even worse)

I am still at a loss to see why the EFL had any input at all in this. It is not within their remit to advise or direct clubs as to how they deal with their contracted players UNLESS the club had allowed the date on the one year option to pass without taking it up and the EFL were asked and advised against trying to enforce it belatedly. If that is the case then by allowing the option to lapse by going out of time it is the board's fault.

What should they have done? It sounds like they should have made their mind up quicker!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 188
mimma
July 6, 2020, 7:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Firstly I am not blaming Fenty individually in any way

The board as a whole including Holloway should and could legally have enforced the option of the extra year, its in the clubs contract with him (so long as they enforce it in time of course - if they didn't that's even worse)

I am still at a loss to see why the EFL had any input at all in this. It is not within their remit to advise or direct clubs as to how they deal with their contracted players UNLESS the club had allowed the date on the one year option to pass without taking it up and the EFL were asked and advised against trying to enforce it belatedly. If that is the case then by allowing the option to lapse by going out of time it is the board's fault.

What should they have done? It sounds like they should have made their mind up quicker!

The club can only "enforce " the option of extending his contract if they offer the same terms or higher. If the offer is less then the player can refuse it and become a free agent. That is what has happened here. We cannot offer the same terms because of the lockdown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 188
gtfc82
July 6, 2020, 10:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I can imagine Ipswin thinking to himself "damn it, that criticism hasn't worked! What shall I moan about next?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 188
Heswall Mariner
July 6, 2020, 10:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
It would be nice to hear from the club -  without waffle -  what actually happened here & why ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 188
Poojah
July 6, 2020, 11:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,485
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
It would be nice to hear from the club -  without waffle -  what actually happened here & why ?

Shall we wait until the situation is done, first? Remember the time Shaun Pearson signed for Barnsley?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 188
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.