Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 233 Guests

Vernam

This thread currently has 39,928 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
July 5, 2020, 1:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
Absolutely agree with Yard Dog & Lincoln M.

Surprised if he goes to Burton as they don't seem to be any better off than us. Though with the money saved following the departure of Clough and his assistants, and a new manager - Buxton - taking over  on 1st July things may have changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 188
Heswall Mariner
July 5, 2020, 2:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
IH is blaming the EFL for giving the club the wrong advice leading to this member up & can foresee a '"horrible court case coming up" over this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 188
Grantham_Mariner
July 5, 2020, 2:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
So Vernam's contract was up to 30 June 20, will he have been paid in full, I don't thinks so. Possibly furloughed on 80%. So now he is not getting paid by anyone, if he has signed for another club they would have to pay him as he would no longer qualify for furlough. Seem very strange situation to be in, there can't be many clubs in the lower leagues who can afford to sign player at present and pay there full wage!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 188
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 5, 2020, 2:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
What hacks me off the most is that Ian Fleming hasn't put a penny into the club.

He must have made a fortune from all the Bond books and movies.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 188
The Yard Dog
July 5, 2020, 2:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,500
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

Just checking, you won't female dog and moan if we end up back in the National League then

I have never female dog or moaned about GTFC, regardless of playing status, manager at the helm or ownership.

I try to give a constuctive opinion on the Fishy

So spend big and potential go bust or be sensible and survive, its easier to rebuild from the National League, then levels 8 or 9.

I would watch GTFC at any level, I am GTFC through and through, I have seen good times and not so good, I just hope they are some more in the future.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 188
Boris Johnson
July 5, 2020, 3:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
difficult time for clubs, players etc, etc

If has secured a better offer, good luck.  Not going to lose too much sleep, its only really since the turn of the year that he has really played a part, and that very special goal has done good for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 188
moosey_club
July 5, 2020, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Boris Johnson
difficult time for clubs, players etc, etc

If has secured a better offer, good luck.  Not going to lose too much sleep, its only really since the turn of the year that he has really played a part, and that very special goal has done good for him.

Wellllllll, in reality that goal was made by the pass from Whitehouse, Vernam just had to finish it off really.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 188
marinerdazza
July 5, 2020, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
When he went to Chorley I honestly thought that would be the last we or league football saw of him. I’m glad he turned it round and good luck to him if he can get a contract in league one. He could’ve been another statistic but instead we’ve given a fine player a leg up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 188
ginnywings
July 6, 2020, 5:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
I've never been one to lose sleep over departing players, whether they were good, bad or indifferent. It's the nature of football that players move around, especially at our level.

Think the only slight gripe here is that CV had started to show the early promise he had at Derby was coming to the fore and we won't get the chance to see if he continues to get better and become the player he threatened to be. If he does, then Burton will benefit and possibly make some money from him. If not, then he's just another footnote in the long history of the club.

These are unprecedented times and i'm certain we have kept some players we would liked to have offloaded but couldn't, and lost some we would like to have kept for varying reasons. Charlie is starting to make his way in the game after a spluttering start to his career and if he feels he is better off elsewhere, then so be it and good luck to him. There are bigger concerns at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 188
Nutsy
July 6, 2020, 9:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
If someone has the inclination to leave, let them leave.

Similar situation to Dembele; quality player, even a match-winner when on form.

We move on.

Although thinking about it Vernam-Hanson-Dembele would have been quite thrilling......  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 188
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.