Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 133.

Who have you met, and where?

This thread currently has 20,245 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
March 26, 2020, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I met Princess Daina when she visited our work. I was the last person to present one of my cases to her. She had been meeting people, shaking hands and listening to otherb officers all day before she got to me.

She was not only beautiful and charming but she listened attentively and showed both interest and understanding by asking highly relevant questions.

I told her about a Proceeds of Crime order where the convicted man had still not paid anything. She looked at a surveillance photo on the presentation board I had prepared and commented 'he wants to sell some of those 4x4s then'

A magic 10 minutes and a photo I treasure

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 133
promotion plaice
March 26, 2020, 12:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

My wife goes up to Newcastle to meet family every year.
Four years ago she was in Waterstones book shop in the city centre with her sister when she saw Pavel Srníček signing his new book "Pavel is a Geordie".

It was quiet at the time so my wife got the chance to speak to him for a good five minutes.

My wife mentioned to him that I am an avid Grimsby supporter, he laughed and remembered the time when he played at Blundell Park and Newcastle thrashed us.

She said he was a really nice man.

Sadly we heard he had suffered a cardiac arrest only a few days later whilst out jogging and died a few days later.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 133
KingstonMariner
March 26, 2020, 12:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Masirah Mariner
Patrick Viera on a flight back from Joburg during the World Cup 2010. France had just been knocked out. Just 6 years prior he had been an invincible. After a little goading karma struck back a week later against Ze Germans. (If only we had VAR back then)

Don’t mention ze VAR!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 133
ginnywings
March 26, 2020, 9:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Saw Harry Clifton and a young lady cycling along High Cliff yesterday when I was out walking the dog.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 133
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.