Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 38 Guests

Who have you met, and where?

This thread currently has 20,248 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 19, 2020, 11:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Today I had a good chat with Elliot Grandin outside Lidl on Cromwell Road while Mrs G loaded the car with shopping and offspring. Not exactly the place I would have envisioned meeting one of our players but I suppose they have to do all the menial tasks like the rest of us when they have nothing else to do with themselves at the moment.

Who have you met, past or present, and where?
Logged Offline
Private Message
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 19, 2020, 11:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
John Newman ex manager at the old open air swimming pool when they filmed it's a knockout

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 133
monkeyboy
March 20, 2020, 6:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Danny North in McDonalds several people several times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 133
blundellpork
March 20, 2020, 7:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 32
I once served Stacy Coldicott in B&Q
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 133
Posh Harry
March 20, 2020, 7:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Paul Wilkinson at a football awards night in Louth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 133
Les Brechin
March 20, 2020, 7:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
James McKeown several times, in Morrisons, doing his shopping and on a non-GTFC level, Dave Bassett at a Gary Glitter concert in Sheffield!!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 133
gytone
March 20, 2020, 7:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
I've sold fish to Norman Hunter a few times,  also Jack Charlton once bought some fish of me. Norman Hunter said he remembered getting sent off at Blundell Park with in his words " that illegitimate Bobby Cummings " 🤣😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 133
mariner chopper
March 20, 2020, 7:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
Jamie Clarke down Lincoln High Street during the relegation from the league season. Asked him if we were gonna stay up? He didn't sound so sure...

Ashley Chambers lived in my village when he played for York and wasn't so keen on us at that time, gave us the ssshhh finger when Jason Walker scored the overhead kick against us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 133
promotion plaice
March 20, 2020, 7:36am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Had a drink after the game in the Main Stand bar with Joey Waters and Mikey Lester back in the day, a work colleague knew them personally.

I've also met and spoke fleetingly to Slade and Hurst.

Used to speak regularly about GTFC with Stuart Watkiss when he shopped at the store where I was working.  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 133
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 20, 2020, 7:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
I was very fortunate in the late 70’s early 80’s to work with the wife of a former Lincoln player called Dave Carr who sadly died in his forties from cancer.

That friendship not only meant I knew personally all Lincoln players from that era, Peake, Tony Cunningham, Mick Hartford, Gordon Hobson, George Shipley but his best mate was Glen Cockerill who I got to know very well. Glenn was big mates with ex- Mariner Owen Simpson so shared a few beers and stories with him.

Anyway friendship with Dave resulted him taking my as a guest to the 1981 PFA awards dinner in London and on the next table was Terry Venables and Tom Finney whilst we shared the table with ex Tranmere players including Ken Beamish, for older fans. We spent the afternoon drinking with Peter Grotier and other then Cardiff players and as an ex- Luton player spent a couple of hours at the PFA drinking with then Luton players, Tony Grealish, David Moss, Brian Stein and Mick Saxby wholater played a few games for town.

After what was a great night for me we returned to the hotel bar and in there was Dean Crombie and Joe Waters, as I knew Dean to say hello too from playing Lincs and Sunday League football against him before he turned pro I immediately headed for them and spent the next two hours talking about everything Grimsby and our superb team of that era.

Went to bed worse for wear but a night never to be forgotten, RIP Dave and thanks for one of the best nights a football fan could have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 133
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.