Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Who have you met, and where?

This thread currently has 20,437 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 20, 2020, 1:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Garry Birtles at my brother-in-law's sister's 50th birthday party in Nottingham.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 133
PrestwichMariner
March 20, 2020, 1:57pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
I have a pint most weekends with Scott McGarvey in Prestwich Liberal Club.

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 133
gytone
March 20, 2020, 2:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from PrestwichMariner
I have a pint most weekends with Scott McGarvey in Prestwich Liberal Club.

I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on his time at Town.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 133
Fishy clapper
March 20, 2020, 2:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Scott Vernon was the plumbers apprentice fitting bidet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 133
Posh Harry
March 20, 2020, 2:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Scraping the barrel for celebrities who don’t have an ongoing restraining order against me...

I flew to Zürich in Dec 2018 next to Man City’s third choice keeper Ante Muric, a day after he had saved a penalty in a League Cup match (think he was star struck, he pretended not to know me). There wasn’t much room, he could spread himself like Lurpak. Too close to pap.

I was on an EasyJet flight from Madrid to Liverpool with Pepe Reina after he had presumably been to the Real vs Barca champions league semi in 2011. Papped the back of his head and treasure that bald, blurred photo like my first born.

In non-goalkeeper spottings:

Peter Crouch in Manc Airport (in his Liverpool days) - too intrusive to pap. Long legs, long face, think Liverpool had just lost a Europa league match

Natalie Cassidy (Sonia from Eastenders) in a bar in London -
too demeaning to pap. She was with Rhona Cameron but had to “ask jeeves” who she was weeks later

Michael Aspel in Amalfi - too young to pap (me, not him)

Kelvin Fletcher (and wife) flying home on NYD the other month - too jet-lagged to pap

Gillian McKeith (You Are What You Eat) in David Bann in Edinburgh - too constipated to pap (and poop)

Jack P Shepherd (Corrie’s Baby David) - I’ve seen him in Leeds and Manchester so many times he’s starting to get nervous - unpappable under any pressure

Sophie Raworth in her Look North days in Leeds - felt wrong to pap, so I didn’t. I think I only had a Nokia 3310 anyway so I probably could have snaked her at best

Duncan Preston collecting his leaky lamb bhuna from a takeaway - too angry to pap

Chris Moyles - Tesco Express, Leeds - couldn’t get a clear shot

Lord John Tondeur - tried to pap him but got detention

Gok Wan - Leeds - papped but too blurry for commercial use.

Gareth Southgate at York station in his Middlesbrough days (pre waistcoat and England). Looked too forlorn to pap

Dean Windass - we were both too drunk to remember what was papped and what wasn’t.

Ex-Taiwanese & Man Utd starlet Yeung Li Sharpe in Headingley. He was very friendly (possibly inebriated) and, after crossing my fingers and telling him I hated Lee Dixon, he obligingly signed by laminated GTFC 02/03 fixture list. By the end of a sweaty Otley Run it had rubbed off (the signature, not Sharpie) and was lost forever; possibly a metaphor for his career.

...Barrel well and truly scraped

I really haven’t got a clue if any of that is true, but either way, it was entertaining 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 133
Les Brechin
March 20, 2020, 3:00pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Oh, and I met Jack Lester one year on holiday in Benidorm.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 133
grimsby pete
March 20, 2020, 3:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
While on holiday we had an Arsenal youth player sat one side of us who went on to play for Peterbrough.

On the other side we had a very pretty lady who was a dancer with her daughter who we saw in a TV advert when we got home.

Sorry can not remember their names but I bet they can not remember ours either .  

Also played football against Duncan McKenzie before he moved on to bigger things.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 133
Alkalineroger
March 20, 2020, 3:10pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1
Me and my mate once stood behind Stacy Coldicott in a taxi rank in Cleethorpes in the early hours. My mate shouted Stacy, he turned round to see who shouted, we were the only people behind him.

While in Manchester with the Mrs last January we also saw Shaun Pearson and the entire Wrexham squad in a bar having their Christmas party, she took a picture with him and got him to wave to me as I looked embarrassed on the other side of the room. My vision of footballers running amok whilst drunk was somewhat ruined as they were incredibly polite. Luke Summerfield was there also but identifying as a town fan to him probably wouldn’t have been the best idea given the abuse he got.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 133
It Bites
March 20, 2020, 3:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,158
Gold Stars: 258
Neil Webb at a filling station on the A180 . I had a quick chat and noticed he was carrying a few extra of the recommended pounds
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 133
March 20, 2020, 3:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mayaman

You win!!.  Reminded me though that Graham Taylor told us to eff of when we chucked stones at the Watford keeper when they were training at Wintringham School.

No I think "swin wins meeting George Best. In my opinion the Best there as ever been.
Reply: 49 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.