Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Who have you met, and where?

This thread currently has 20,439 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 20, 2020, 8:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
[td]
[/td]
Quoted from promotion plaice

What's he like ginny?

He's alright. See him most games as I sit near him and he often says hello and has a quick chat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 133
TownSNAFU5
March 20, 2020, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,861
Gold Stars: 42
I have only met 2 people of equal importance:

Stuart Brace was on a train from Kings Cross in the early 1970s.  The team were coming back from a game at Aldershot.  I chatted to him very briefly and got his autograph.  Too overawed to say more. We were on a school trip coming back from Wembley after a school boy international (I think).  

The second was getting sworn at during a fight by the next king.  Less dramatic than it sounds.

It was about 1976/77.  I was in the RAF at Brize Norton and helping a mate to fit some avionics equipment to a VC10. As usual, we were dressed in scruff order.  My mate flicked a car aerial in my face as he was messing about.  I then had a mock fight with him.  We did not see this land rover stop near us.  Containing a detective and Prince Charles.  

As It was late in the day some airfield control gates has shut.  Prince Charles shouted “How do you get out of this bloody place?”.    I was too shocked to be bothered so just told him where the exit gate was.No salutes or anything.  You do not wear hats on an airfield.  (Prince Charles was on some sort of training course, which was known to airmen).

My boss wanted to know what had gone on. I omitted to tell him about the fight, as seen by the Prince.

So, the the country will have a King who cannot find his way out of an airfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 133
Azimuth
March 20, 2020, 10:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +691
Gold Stars: 60
Tony Ford was dating a family freind and I stood on his  feet in our back room when i was 5 and for some unthinkable reason kept calling him a hippy, I dont remember the incident but clearly remember the aftermath and rollocking from my parents for showing them up.
I wonder if Tony remembers that.
Oh and I met Alex Feguson at Aberdeen Airport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 133
Theimperialcoroner
March 20, 2020, 11:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Had a urine next to Ian Holloway at South Mimms Services when he was at Palace.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 133
KingstonMariner
March 20, 2020, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Had a urine next to Ian Holloway at South Mimms Services when he was at Palace.

You must have strong bladder muscles if you can reach South Norwood from South Mimms. And a good aim.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 133
Mayaman
March 21, 2020, 12:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,386
Gold Stars: 73
Years ago while in Belize with the RAF was walking down a corridor and Paul Michael Glazer (Starsky) walked past me. I did a double take.  When I told the lads in the office they didn't believe me.  The CO confirmed that he was looking around for a set for a film he was making.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 133
NorthseaMariner
March 21, 2020, 8:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,517
Gold Stars: 11
Gordon Hobson in Majorca, when we were both on holiday with are families. All in the same hotel.

Glen Hoddle, again in a hotel when I was working in London.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 133
Madeleymariner
March 21, 2020, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
No footy ones for me but have smooched to 3 Times A Lady with Lena Zavaroni (when she had gone thin) Shared a restaurant with Timothy West and Prunella Scales in 3 different hotels in Sri Lanka, (I think they must have been starstruck following me and Wife Of around the country}, Shared a restaurant table with Chris Bonnington, sold RAC membership and arranged breakdown repair for David Gower (he had real presence about him and looked about 10 ft tall but a really funny chatty bloke). and said hello to an unkempt Tom Jones at a the same service area cafe, oh and my sister once said she slept with Tony Ford (dont know if this is really true),
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 133
Posh Harry
March 21, 2020, 11:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Blimey, this thread isn’t half shaking the memory banks. Met Brett lee in a nightclub in port Elizabeth in 2003 the night they had knocked us out of the World Cup (nice guy) and Alec Stewart when on holiday in Florida. Also a good bloke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 133
Grimal
March 21, 2020, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Had a chat with Gazza at a hotel in Gateshead  a few years ago. He was attending his sisters wedding reception, also there the lovely Linda Lusardi and Lawrie McMenemy.

Was sat next to ‎Phil Lynott at a Wembley international,England v Ireland,sad to say shortly before his death.A really nice guy.

I played in a five aside tournament with Chris Woods,he was 14 at the time and even at that age he was a great keeper.

A couple of years ago I had a chat with Pádraig Amond,he was walking around Newport shopping center.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Who have you met, and where?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.