Fishy clapper
February 28, 2020, 7:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That’s still you breaching copyright you muppet. Morally it’s like sneaking in without paying.

Morally   flipping hell, this is how I justify it...

1. Park down a grotty side street in shite weather, walk to the ground in shite weather, watch the game in shite weather, listen to the usual arseholes spouting shite and standing up all game, then walk back to your car in shite weather to find out some dosser has keyed the motor. Get home at 6 urine wet through and miserable.

2. Enjoy your Saturday morning/afternoon keeping the wife happy, sit down at 14:55 with a beer in hand and fire on, flick IPTV on, enjoy the game, 16;45 walk the dog.

I just want a hassle free life, no longer interested in losing half a day just to watch football.
Spend the time to enjoy your family. Morally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Fishy clapper

1. Park down a grotty side street in shite weather, walk to the ground in shite weather, watch the game in shite weather, listen to the usual arseholes spouting shite and standing up all game, then walk back to your car in shite weather to find out some dosser has keyed the motor. Get home at 6 urine wet through and miserable.

2. Enjoy your Saturday morning/afternoon keeping the wife happy, sit down at 14:55 with a beer in hand and fire on, flick IPTV on, enjoy the game, 16;45 walk the dog.

I just want a hassle free life, no longer interested in losing half a day just to watch football.

And people wonder why lower league football is f@cked....all there in one statement...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 111
psgmariner
February 28, 2020, 7:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I’m telling my wife that drinking beer and watching football on tv counts as family time.

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 111
wuffing
February 28, 2020, 7:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38

I'd throw that  Howard Hughes book away if I were you!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 111
BenBB
February 28, 2020, 9:07am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30

'hing is I kinda agree with point 1 but if everyone did that the stadium would be empty and if you're using IPTV the team would have no money because it's going to Dodgy Dave instead

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 111
February 28, 2020, 10:04am
Guest User
Wow, didn't know this site had so many members with very high morals.  You must all be saints who have never ever done anything wrong in your lifetime.  I must congratulate you all for living such innocent, moral lives.
Reply: 75 - 111
February 28, 2020, 10:09am
Guest User
Quoted from AussieMariner

So if you could get a ticket to the match for a couple of quid from a 3rd party and the club gets no revenue would you buy it? Or would you think that if the club gets no revenue it may not exist?

This made me laugh so much.    Do you really think that most fans if offered a cheap ticket would say, "No, I'm robbing the club", if you do, then you are very naive!

Reply: 76 - 111
Morris Minor
February 28, 2020, 10:10am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12

Exactly it's difficult to give up home comforts in exchange for a freezing cold BP. Sky expect you to sit in front of your telly though with their (very overprised) service. So why is it not the same for IPTV?

Surely if the 'smaller' clubs do not allow the i-follow cameras in things might change!

Not all IPTV suppliers have L1 and L2 i-follow games on though.  But there are several that show every game home and away.

UTMM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 111
Croxton
February 28, 2020, 10:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33

Don't woke wash your free and personal choice. Many exiles would love to be home at 6.00pm! It is still possible to 'enjoy your family' and lose a whole day (or two sometimes) following your team. Everyone's circumstances are different. I have spent years prioritising work, wife, elderly parents, kids and grandkids and missed out on many great matches and Town legends.
There is no real right or wrong here but there has to be a sustainable club and the home crowd is critical to that. You highlight the downsides of attending a home game but I don't think your wife, your dog , the fire and a beer should put your club into Room 101!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 111
golfer
February 28, 2020, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 123614

This made me laugh so much.    Do you really think that most fans if offered a cheap ticket would say, "No, I'm robbing the club", if you do, then you are very naive!

I have tried to give an Upper Findus season ticket away on 3 occasions due to ill health and my only response was 7 red x's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.