12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Morris Minor
February 27, 2020, 9:28pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
This is no different from years ago when we all sat listening to the top 40 with our personal tape recorders.
Everybody has copied a CD, and it is so easy to record all the latest from Spotify.

It is purely personal choice, however but if it's free it tends to be a lot better than if you had to pay for it!.

Just saying.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 111
February 27, 2020, 10:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

How are you watching them if not streaming, legal or otherwise?

There is a difference.  The website that shows the content is the one who is streaming it.  Peopl
E who watch it are not streaming it, they are watching it on a website. Companies like Sky are only going after those people who stream the content for people to watch.  With over 5 million watchers it is not worth their while to hunt them all down.  Also, all my research so far confirms that not one single ‘watcher’ has been prosecuted for watching streamed content.
Reply: 61 - 111
WetFlannel
February 27, 2020, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I honestly don’t care about people pirating EPL games etc, billion dollar companies which are working against smaller clubs like ya aren’t exactly the kind of people I’m sitting there being upset for. But hearing excuses as to not spend a minuscule amount of money helping your local team out vs purposely buying a service which pays nothing to the club when you actively have a reasonably cheap legal offering is bizarre. I’d understand if it was the cost of a Sky subscription but it’s half the price of a ticket to the game on a Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 111
February 27, 2020, 10:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from WetFlannel
I honestly don’t care about people pirating EPL games etc, billion dollar companies which are working against smaller clubs like ya aren’t exactly the kind of people I’m sitting there being upset for. But hearing excuses as to not spend a minuscule amount of money helping your local team out vs purposely buying a service which pays nothing to the club when you actively have a reasonably cheap legal offering is bizarre. I’d understand if it was the cost of a Sky subscription but it’s half the price of a ticket to the game on a Tuesday night.

Thing is, you only get weekday matches on iFollow, you cannot view live matches on a Saturday afternoon.  I have already stated that I cannot attend any matches, anD the amount of money I have paid into GTFC over the last 56 years or so leaves me with a clear conscience.

Reply: 63 - 111
WetFlannel
February 27, 2020, 10:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Can’t wait for Ian Holloway’s budget next year, apparently he’s being given special permission to spend the gate receipts of games played 56 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 111
BenBB
February 27, 2020, 10:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 123614

Thing is, you only get weekday matches on iFollow, you cannot view live matches on a Saturday afternoon.  I have already stated that I cannot attend any matches, anD the amount of money I have paid into GTFC over the last 56 years or so leaves me with a clear conscience.

If you know how you can get the Saturday ones too through iFollow. Bit of a grey area but the money still goes to the club. I live up in Scotland so it's a bit unreasonable for me to travel 6 hours to Cleethorpes and back!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 123614

There is a difference.  The website that shows the content is the one who is streaming it.  Peopl
E who watch it are not streaming it, they are watching it on a website. Companies like Sky are only going after those people who stream the content for people to watch.  With over 5 million watchers it is not worth their while to hunt them all down.  Also, all my research so far confirms that not one single ‘watcher’ has been prosecuted for watching streamed content.

That’s still you breaching copyright you muppet. Morally it’s like sneaking in without paying.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Theft from who?  I am not streaming the matches.  Also I would like to see how anyone could prove it.  As for rob giving my data to a third party, he would be on dodgy ground re the Data Protection Act.

It’s theft from the people who own the IP to the games being shown.

If there’s a breach of the law, Rob would be legally bound to provide the information to law enforcement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Theft from who?  I am not streaming the matches.  Also I would like to see how anyone could prove it.  As for rob giving my data to a third party, he would be on dodgy ground re the Data Protection Act.

It’s theft from the people who own the IP to the games being shown.

If there’s a breach of the law, Rob would be legally bound to provide the information to law enforcement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 111
ginnywings
February 27, 2020, 10:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

E who watch it are not streaming it, they are watching it on a website.
Companies like Sky are only going after those people who stream the content for people to watch.  With over 5 million watchers it is not worth their while to hunt them all down.  Also, all my research so far confirms that not one single ‘watcher’ has been prosecuted for watching streamed content.

That is the very definition of streaming. Only you are streaming it from an illegal source, albeit as a third party.

Anyway, as you say, it's up to the individual, so i will say no more...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.