12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
February 2, 2020, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Each to their own but I prefer paying for the official commentary and paying £10 for the games I can’t make which are streamed. The club get 80% ish of my money and my experience of watching sport on illegal streams has been terrible so don’t see saving a couple of quid as worth the hassle.

That said my one gripe with audio commentary is the lag. When I’m listening at work I’m usually told about goals 2 minutes before I hear them scored!

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
Vance Warner
February 2, 2020, 9:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,800
Gold Stars: 102
The bigger picture is the EFL opened a can of worms when they introduced iFollow. It was supposed to be only available to those living abroad but it didn't take a genius to work out that there would be ways around that. I imagine this horse has bolted and there will be a knock on effect on attendances for generation to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
Rik e B
February 2, 2020, 10:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It bothers me when hear loads of people saying I probably would have gone but just gonna opt for ifollow, as I always think a big away following can inspire the player's. If a large bundle of people opt to stay at home and watch when they would have attended gad the option not been there, then it quite a negative hit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 2, 2020, 11:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
when Im watching on iptv the phone alert goes off judt before the goal so I am ready for it

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
February 3, 2020, 10:02am
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner
Each to their own but I prefer paying for the official commentary and paying £10 for the games I can’t make which are streamed. The club get 80% ish of my money and my experience of watching sport on illegal streams has been terrible so don’t see saving a couple of quid as worth the hassle.

That said my one gripe with audio commentary is the lag. When I’m listening at work I’m usually told about goals 2 minutes before I hear them scored!

You're watch the wrong stream mate

Reply: 44 - 111
grimsby pete
February 3, 2020, 11:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rik e B
It bothers me when hear loads of people saying I probably would have gone but just gonna opt for ifollow, as I always think a big away following can inspire the player's. If a large bundle of people opt to stay at home and watch when they would have attended gad the option not been there, then it quite a negative hit.

Having a disable wife to care for and not been in the best of health myself recently I follow is the only way apart from the highlights on mariner player to see town.

There is nothing like being at a live game but if you can not get there i follow is the best way to support the club as they get £8 from the £10 you pay.

I don't like dodgy companies because you don't know who they are and its not lawful but its up to the individual to make their own mind up if they choose to watch.

I agree getting to an away game encourages the players but it does not give the club any money apart from 5 % of the ticket if you have purchased it from the club, its not really suitable to do that for a lot of exiles like myself. So if I go to Colchester the club will receive nothing of my ticket fee or the car park fee,
As my eyes or should I say eye as one has only  10% of its vision I will stay at home in the warm and give the club  £8   of my I follow fee so in my eyes its a win win situation

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
Rik e B
February 3, 2020, 2:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
That's understandable in your case Pete completely, in such a circumstance it clearly a great thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 27, 2020, 4:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 123614

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too.  I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

You’re the worst kind of fan

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
Maringer
February 27, 2020, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,503
Gold Stars: 185
Ultimately, whether or not you want to use an IPTV service with pirated streams or not comes down to how comfortable you are with theft. Because that's effectively what it is.

If you're happy to either pay dodgy people to steal content from the providers who have shelled out the money for it in the first place (though admittedly, many of these providers have a rubbish and expensive service) or get it from 'free' streaming sites, then fair enough, go ahead.

Just don't try to invent spurious reasoning as to why it is 'fair' to do so. If you can't afford something you want it is unfortunate, but it doesn't mean that you should just rightfully be able to take it in any case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 111
mimma
February 27, 2020, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,570
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from 123614

Lol, I have been into computers since the Commodore *64/84 came out, and consoles before that.  I play computer games every day of the week for round about 8 hours each day.  I also attended NLTC and did an IBT 2 as a mature student some years back, so I am ok with computers, to a degree.

*Not sure which number it was now.

It was the Amiga 64 and Amiga 120 that your thinking off. I stared with the 64 and later upgraded to the more powerful 120. At the time they were better than other PCs in that they had dedicated chip for graphic handling were all other PCs only had a single chip to handle everything. It was Amigas that were used for the first Jurassic Park film graphics. They used 'workbench" as their operating system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.