Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 361 Guests

MSTREAMS

This thread currently has 18,609 views. Print
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
January 31, 2020, 10:47am
Guest User
I hope it's ok to bump this as I need to ask the guy some questions.
moss_side_mariner
January 31, 2020, 1:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
I use mstreams. Anything I can help you with

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 111
January 31, 2020, 2:13pm
Guest User
PM sent.
Reply: 2 - 111
Sussexmariner
January 31, 2020, 7:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
I use mstreams. Anything I can help you with

You can help me!
If I get a months subscription will it work on my iPad straight away?
Do I need to faff about with a VPN or anything else?

Thanks

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 111
moss_side_mariner
January 31, 2020, 7:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Quoted from Sussexmariner

You can help me!
If I get a months subscription will it work on my iPad straight away?
Do I need to faff about with a VPN or anything else?

Thanks

I have downloaded it onto a fire stick and don't use a vpn.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 111
gtfcmd
January 31, 2020, 8:31pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
download an app on ipad called wesoproiptv when got log in details or watch through there webplayer they do sometimes say to use vpn but not very often
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 111
January 31, 2020, 9:22pm
Guest User
I asked about using my VPN, would it cause any problems and they said no, plus they said we have a VPN also.
Reply: 6 - 111
Dogger Bank
January 31, 2020, 9:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Does MStreams have iFollow as part of the subscription...?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 111
Sussexmariner
January 31, 2020, 11:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 123614
I asked about using my VPN, would it cause any problems and they said no, plus they said we have a VPN also.

So I can just subscribe on the Mstream site and watch the town games on my iPad ?

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 111
February 1, 2020, 9:22am
Guest User
Quoted from Dogger Bank
Does MStreams have iFollow as part of the subscription...?

Yes, I cancelled my iFollow subscription today.

Reply: 9 - 111
February 1, 2020, 9:23am
Guest User
Quoted from Sussexmariner

So I can just subscribe on the Mstream site and watch the town games on my iPad ?

Yes, when you pay the subscription, they ask what device you want it on.

Reply: 10 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 9:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
My question would be are these sites legal and where does your money go? Do you still have to pay a match pass fee to watch a game so Town get their cut?

The whole IPTV thing is a grey area as far as legality of content is concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 111
February 1, 2020, 11:53am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
My question would be are these sites legal and where does your money go? Do you still have to pay a match pass fee to watch a game so Town get their cut?

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too.  I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

Reply: 12 - 111
AussieMariner
February 1, 2020, 12:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 123614

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too.  I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

So if you could get a ticket to the match for a couple of quid from a 3rd party and the club gets no revenue would you buy it? Or would you think that if the club gets no revenue it may not exist?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 111
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 1, 2020, 12:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
It is in no way legal. I hope the club can find a way to report you. It takes away from all those genuine fans and I’m sure you’ll be the same people moaning when the club hasn’t got money to spend on players

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from AussieMariner

So if you could get a ticket to the match for a couple of quid from a 3rd party and the club gets no revenue would you buy it? Or would you think that if the club gets no revenue it may not exist?

I have been supporting Grimsby Town for nearly 70 years now, and must have put thousands of pounds into their coffers.  I also donated to the Crowdfunder a few years back, I will continue to support them, but when I get to watch between 4-6 games a month for £10 and it costs me £10 just to watch one match on a Tuesday night I know which way I am going.  Also I am disabled and cannot get to matches anymore.  BTW for all you haters of IPTV, did you know that Netflix and BBC iPlayer are IPTV also?

Reply: 15 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from gtfc_akpa_akpro
It is in no way legal. I hope the club can find a way to report you. It takes away from all those genuine fans and I’m sure you’ll be the same people moaning when the club hasn’t got money to spend on players

Grow up man, actually do a search find out for yourself.  Just exactly what does IPTV take away from genuine fans?  You have never seen me post on here about the club not having money either.

Reply: 16 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:15pm
Guest User

I'm disabled, I cannot get to matches.

Reply: 17 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 12:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too. I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

Clearly it's not then.

The IPTV protocol is kosher, but some of the third party content isn't, so it's down to the individual whether they think that's ok or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Clearly it's not then.

The IPTV protocol is kosher, but some of the third party content isn't, so it's down to the individual whether they think that's ok or not.

So you have proof of that?  I could produce documents that say it's legal, and also documents that say it's illegal!  So where do we go from there.  Anyway, it's none of your business or anyone else to what I do or don't do.  I was answering some questions for some guys, so keep your nose out, it doesn't concern you.

Reply: 19 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 12:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

I have been supporting Grimsby Town for nearly 70 years now, and must have put thousands of pounds into their coffers.  I also donated to the Crowdfunder a few years back, I will continue to support them, but when I get to watch between 4-6 games a month for £10 and it costs me £10 just to watch one match on a Tuesday night I know which way I am going.  Also I am disabled and cannot get to matches anymore.  BTW for all you haters of IPTV, did you know that Netflix and BBC iPlayer are IPTV also?

Yes, but they are legitimate providers with subscriptions or TV licensing. As stated above, IPTV is in no way dodgy, but some of the content is. Dodgy people use it as a platform to stream content that they shouldn't and charge for it. If nobody paid for anything, the likes of Netflix would go bust, so someone has to pay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 12:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

So you have proof of that?  I could produce documents that say it's legal, and also documents that say it's illegal!  So where do we go from there.  Anyway, it's none of your business or anyone else to what I do or don't do.  I was answering some questions for some guys, so keep your nose out, it doesn't concern you.

Proof isn't needed. You are getting a pay per view service for nothing, which is definitely illegal.

I don't care what you do, that's your prerogative, but don't try to justify it.

I will now keep my nose out as requested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes, but they are legitimate providers with subscriptions or TV licensing. As stated above, IPTV is in no way dodgy, but some of the content is. Dodgy people use it as a platform to stream content that they shouldn't and charge for it. If nobody paid for anything, the likes of Netflix would go bust, so someone has to pay.

How do you know that MSTREAMS isn't a legal provider?

Reply: 22 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Proof isn't needed. You are getting a pay per view service for nothing, which is definitely illegal.

I don't care what you do, that's your prerogative, but don't try to justify it.

I will now keep my nose out as requested.

If you people hadn't butted in on a conversation that had nothing to do with you, then I would have had no cause to justify anything, which I don't have to anyway.  And btw, I don't know of any pay to view service for Grimsby Town matches played on a Saturday afternoon.

Reply: 23 - 111
AussieMariner
February 1, 2020, 12:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I'm disabled, I cannot get to matches.

You also can’t buy a ticket for a couple of quid from a 3rd party
That was not the point
The point is that if people are watching for nothing instead of going to the match it must eventually damage the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 111
Mighty_Mariner
February 1, 2020, 12:55pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Just so I'm clear on this... I buy a 1 month subscription for MStreams for £15 and with that I can watch all Town games plus Pre games etc for the month on my ipad?!?

Can you also access TV, Movies, Box office etc or is it just football?

Thanks in advance.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 111
promotion plaice
February 1, 2020, 1:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

If I was in Black_and_White_Bear's position I would do it.

If I could work out how to do it  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 111
Ipswin
February 1, 2020, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from promotion plaice

If I was in Black_and_White_Bear's position I would do it.

If I could work out how to do it  

That's the bit that totally confuses / amazes me. If he's been watching Town for nearly 70 years how the intercourse does he understand all this totally intelligible stuff?

I certainly don't The only occasion I paid a tenner for i-follow I couldn't get the bloody thing to play!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 111
February 1, 2020, 1:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from 123614

Yes you can, there are loads of channels to watch.  You can buy a 3 month sub for £30, saving you £15 per month.

Reply: 28 - 111
February 1, 2020, 1:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

That's the bit that totally confuses / amazes me. If he's been watching Town for nearly 70 years how the intercourse does he understand all this totally intelligible stuff?

I certainly don't The only occasion I paid a tenner for i-follow I couldn't get the bloody thing to play!

Lol, I have been into computers since the Commodore *64/84 came out, and consoles before that.  I play computer games every day of the week for round about 8 hours each day.  I also attended NLTC and did an IBT 2 as a mature student some years back, so I am ok with computers, to a degree.

*Not sure which number it was now.

Reply: 29 - 111
February 1, 2020, 1:29pm
Guest User

You also can’t buy a ticket for a couple of quid from a 3rd party
That was not the point
The point is that if people are watching for nothing instead of going to the match it must eventually damage the club

We are not watching for nothing, we pay a sub, and also, how do you know whether or not I support GTFC financially?  Have you access to my bank account?

Reply: 30 - 111
Stadium
February 1, 2020, 2:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Mariner John
As far as I'm aware MSstreams is the only one to offer Town games. So yes for £15 for one month you can watch whatever you like. It's the same as any Kodi App, or Firestick. Or add Sky Sports, Bt Sports, Netflix, ESPN etc for just over £1000 a year or pay £75 for MSStreams. No brainer really

Incorrect.
Plenty offer ifollow.
Had all games this season.
Btw publicising the provider's name on a forum is a sure way way of the service been withdrawn.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 111
Stadium
February 1, 2020, 3:05pm
Champagne Drinker

Good luck with that & hoping the club take action. Haha.
Theres literally hundreds of providers.
If ifollow actually offered a competitive & quality service I'm sure they would increase the subscriber base.
For the match fee it's quite frankly shocking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 111
MrFisherman
February 1, 2020, 3:19pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
Quoted from ginnywings

What a clown
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 8:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MrFisherman

What a clown

Why's that then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 111
Rik e B
February 1, 2020, 9:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
He's just pointing out the ethical question over pirating GTFC games and as such impacting the clubs income stream. Plus encouraging others to do the same. You paying something, but into the wrong hands.

If club representatives read this forum as we know they do I'd expect them to take steps to halt such acts where possible.

Yes its illegal but I'd quite happily stream big boxing matches or Premiershite from billion dollar corporations that got more money than they'll ever need (hope big brother/the big cloud in the sky doesn't pull me for that comment one day 😅) but prefer supporting my local club over fleecing them.

Though I would take the step of 'appearing' abroad to get ifollow a tad cheaper and have a greater spectrum of games available. Whether that's wrong or not, I can live with it on my conscience because I'd never opt for ifollow over attending if it physically possible I can (which is the reason for UK restrictions -to not negatively affect attendances).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 111
February 2, 2020, 9:15am
Guest User
Quoted from Rik e B
He's just pointing out the ethical question over pirating GTFC games and as such impacting the clubs income stream. Plus encouraging others to do the same. You paying something, but into the wrong hands.

At no time did I encourage others to do the same, I just answered their questions.

If club representatives read this forum as we know they do I'd expect them to take steps to halt such acts where possible.

I'd like to see them try!  IF I view Town matches via an IPTV there is nothing they can do about it, they cannot get any proof as I run a Double VPN on my PC to keep out nasty malware and any other nosy sorts sniffing around.

Yes its illegal but I'd quite happily stream big boxing matches or Premiershite from billion dollar corporations that got more money than they'll ever need (hope big brother/the big cloud in the sky doesn't pull me for that comment one day 😅) but prefer supporting my local club over fleecing them.

Though I would take the step of 'appearing' abroad to get ifollow a tad cheaper and have a greater spectrum of games available. Whether that's wrong or not, I can live with it on my conscience because I'd never opt for ifollow over attending if it physically possible I can (which is the reason for UK restrictions -to not negatively affect attendances).

So you too witholding money from GTFC!

So you have no qualms about doing something illegal, a bit two faced aren't you?

Reply: 36 - 111
golfer
February 2, 2020, 12:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from ginnywings

Why's that then?

Must be your size 18 shoes Ginny - and that red nose - and those ruby cheeks - and that funny haircut and cos you live in a tent  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 111
ginnywings
February 2, 2020, 5:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from golfer

Must be your size 18 shoes Ginny - and that red nose - and those ruby cheeks - and that funny haircut and cos you live in a tent  

You know me so well.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 111
Rik e B
February 2, 2020, 8:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
No bigbear they still get paid through official channels, wouldn't have got a penny if UK and unable to receive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 111
psgmariner
February 2, 2020, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Each to their own but I prefer paying for the official commentary and paying £10 for the games I can’t make which are streamed. The club get 80% ish of my money and my experience of watching sport on illegal streams has been terrible so don’t see saving a couple of quid as worth the hassle.

That said my one gripe with audio commentary is the lag. When I’m listening at work I’m usually told about goals 2 minutes before I hear them scored!

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
Vance Warner
February 2, 2020, 9:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
The bigger picture is the EFL opened a can of worms when they introduced iFollow. It was supposed to be only available to those living abroad but it didn't take a genius to work out that there would be ways around that. I imagine this horse has bolted and there will be a knock on effect on attendances for generation to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
Rik e B
February 2, 2020, 10:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
It bothers me when hear loads of people saying I probably would have gone but just gonna opt for ifollow, as I always think a big away following can inspire the player's. If a large bundle of people opt to stay at home and watch when they would have attended gad the option not been there, then it quite a negative hit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 2, 2020, 11:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
when Im watching on iptv the phone alert goes off judt before the goal so I am ready for it

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
February 3, 2020, 10:02am
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner
Each to their own but I prefer paying for the official commentary and paying £10 for the games I can’t make which are streamed. The club get 80% ish of my money and my experience of watching sport on illegal streams has been terrible so don’t see saving a couple of quid as worth the hassle.

That said my one gripe with audio commentary is the lag. When I’m listening at work I’m usually told about goals 2 minutes before I hear them scored!

You're watch the wrong stream mate

Reply: 44 - 111
grimsby pete
February 3, 2020, 11:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Rik e B
It bothers me when hear loads of people saying I probably would have gone but just gonna opt for ifollow, as I always think a big away following can inspire the player's. If a large bundle of people opt to stay at home and watch when they would have attended gad the option not been there, then it quite a negative hit.

Having a disable wife to care for and not been in the best of health myself recently I follow is the only way apart from the highlights on mariner player to see town.

There is nothing like being at a live game but if you can not get there i follow is the best way to support the club as they get £8 from the £10 you pay.

I don't like dodgy companies because you don't know who they are and its not lawful but its up to the individual to make their own mind up if they choose to watch.

I agree getting to an away game encourages the players but it does not give the club any money apart from 5 % of the ticket if you have purchased it from the club, its not really suitable to do that for a lot of exiles like myself. So if I go to Colchester the club will receive nothing of my ticket fee or the car park fee,
As my eyes or should I say eye as one has only  10% of its vision I will stay at home in the warm and give the club  £8   of my I follow fee so in my eyes its a win win situation

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
Rik e B
February 3, 2020, 2:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
That's understandable in your case Pete completely, in such a circumstance it clearly a great thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 27, 2020, 4:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 123614

You’re the worst kind of fan

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
Maringer
February 27, 2020, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Ultimately, whether or not you want to use an IPTV service with pirated streams or not comes down to how comfortable you are with theft. Because that's effectively what it is.

If you're happy to either pay dodgy people to steal content from the providers who have shelled out the money for it in the first place (though admittedly, many of these providers have a rubbish and expensive service) or get it from 'free' streaming sites, then fair enough, go ahead.

Just don't try to invent spurious reasoning as to why it is 'fair' to do so. If you can't afford something you want it is unfortunate, but it doesn't mean that you should just rightfully be able to take it in any case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 111
mimma
February 27, 2020, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from 123614

Lol, I have been into computers since the Commodore *64/84 came out, and consoles before that.  I play computer games every day of the week for round about 8 hours each day.  I also attended NLTC and did an IBT 2 as a mature student some years back, so I am ok with computers, to a degree.

*Not sure which number it was now.

It was the Amiga 64 and Amiga 120 that your thinking off. I stared with the 64 and later upgraded to the more powerful 120. At the time they were better than other PCs in that they had dedicated chip for graphic handling were all other PCs only had a single chip to handle everything. It was Amigas that were used for the first Jurassic Park film graphics. They used 'workbench" as their operating system.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
GollyGTFC
February 27, 2020, 7:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from mimma

It was the Amiga 64 and Amiga 120 that your thinking off. I stared with the 64 and later upgraded to the more powerful 120. At the time they were better than other PCs in that they had dedicated chip for graphic handling were all other PCs only had a single chip to handle everything. It was Amigas that were used for the first Jurassic Park film graphics. They used 'workbench" as their operating system.

No such things as an Amiga 64 or Amiga 120. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_64]Click Here[/url]

There was a Commodore 64 & a Commodore 128. My brother had a 128. I had a Spectrum +2. Then we had Amiga's (600 & 500).

Amiga models were as follows: 1000, 2000, 500, 1500, 2500, 3000, 3000UX, 3000T, CDTV, 500+, 600, 4000, 1200, CD32, and 4000T.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 111
February 27, 2020, 7:17pm
Guest User
It was the Amiga 1200.
Reply: 51 - 111
February 27, 2020, 7:20pm
Guest User

You’re the worst kind of fan

Really, I have been paying to watch Town since 1964, I have also donated a considerable amount of  money to the Youth Development Fund, I am now disabled and cannot get to matches, so kindly keep your opinion to yourself when you have no knowledge of the person you are referring to.

Reply: 52 - 111
February 27, 2020, 7:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from 123614

Really, I have been paying to watch Town since 1964, I have also donated a considerable amount of  money to the Youth Development Fund, I am now disabled and cannot get to matches, so kindly keep your opinion to yourself when you have no knowledge of the person you are referring to.  What I do with my money is absolutely nothing to do with you.  Mind your own business.

Reply: 53 - 111
mimma
February 27, 2020, 7:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Sorry old age playing tricks on my memory 😖

I'll try again. We originally had a Amiga 600. We then got an Amiga 1200 with extra memory and a hard drive.I still have it in the loft. I use to play with a paint program called "Deluxe Paint IV". I have yet to find a better or equivalent paint program for my PC.

The Amiga used for Jurassic Park was called Amiga Toaster I believe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 111
February 27, 2020, 7:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from mimma
Sorry old age playing tricks on my memory 😖

I'll try again. We originally had a Amiga 600. We then got an Amiga 1200 with extra memory and a hard drive.I still have it in the loft. I use to play with a paint program called "Deluxe Paint IV". I have yet to find a better or equivalent paint program for my PC.

The Amiga used for Jurassic Park was called Amiga Toaster I believe.

It was the Commodore 64 I had before I had the Amiga 1200.  I also had a Sega Megadrive.

Reply: 55 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 8:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 123614

Really, I have been paying to watch Town since 1964, I have also donated a considerable amount of  money to the Youth Development Fund, I am now disabled and cannot get to matches, so kindly keep your opinion to yourself when you have no knowledge of the person you are referring to.

You basically admitted to theft! Disabled or not, previously paying customer or not.

If Rob gets a call about this he’ll have to give your details. You’re on very dodgy ground.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 111
LH
February 27, 2020, 8:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Neeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrds!
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 111
February 27, 2020, 9:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You basically admitted to theft! Disabled or not, previously paying customer or not.

If Rob gets a call about this he’ll have to give your details. You’re on very dodgy ground.

Theft from who?  I am not streaming the matches.  Also I would like to see how anyone could prove it.  As for rob giving my data to a third party, he would be on dodgy ground re the Data Protection Act.

Reply: 58 - 111
ginnywings
February 27, 2020, 9:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

Theft from who? I am not streaming the matches.  Also I would like to see how anyone could prove it.  As for rob giving my data to a third party, he would be on dodgy ground re the Data Protection Act.

How are you watching them if not streaming, legal or otherwise?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 111
Morris Minor
February 27, 2020, 9:28pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
This is no different from years ago when we all sat listening to the top 40 with our personal tape recorders.
Everybody has copied a CD, and it is so easy to record all the latest from Spotify.

It is purely personal choice, however but if it's free it tends to be a lot better than if you had to pay for it!.

Just saying.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 111
February 27, 2020, 10:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

How are you watching them if not streaming, legal or otherwise?

There is a difference.  The website that shows the content is the one who is streaming it.  Peopl
E who watch it are not streaming it, they are watching it on a website. Companies like Sky are only going after those people who stream the content for people to watch.  With over 5 million watchers it is not worth their while to hunt them all down.  Also, all my research so far confirms that not one single ‘watcher’ has been prosecuted for watching streamed content.
Reply: 61 - 111
WetFlannel
February 27, 2020, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
I honestly don’t care about people pirating EPL games etc, billion dollar companies which are working against smaller clubs like ya aren’t exactly the kind of people I’m sitting there being upset for. But hearing excuses as to not spend a minuscule amount of money helping your local team out vs purposely buying a service which pays nothing to the club when you actively have a reasonably cheap legal offering is bizarre. I’d understand if it was the cost of a Sky subscription but it’s half the price of a ticket to the game on a Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 111
February 27, 2020, 10:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from WetFlannel
I honestly don’t care about people pirating EPL games etc, billion dollar companies which are working against smaller clubs like ya aren’t exactly the kind of people I’m sitting there being upset for. But hearing excuses as to not spend a minuscule amount of money helping your local team out vs purposely buying a service which pays nothing to the club when you actively have a reasonably cheap legal offering is bizarre. I’d understand if it was the cost of a Sky subscription but it’s half the price of a ticket to the game on a Tuesday night.

Thing is, you only get weekday matches on iFollow, you cannot view live matches on a Saturday afternoon.  I have already stated that I cannot attend any matches, anD the amount of money I have paid into GTFC over the last 56 years or so leaves me with a clear conscience.

Reply: 63 - 111
WetFlannel
February 27, 2020, 10:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Can’t wait for Ian Holloway’s budget next year, apparently he’s being given special permission to spend the gate receipts of games played 56 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 111
BenBB
February 27, 2020, 10:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +866
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 123614

Thing is, you only get weekday matches on iFollow, you cannot view live matches on a Saturday afternoon.  I have already stated that I cannot attend any matches, anD the amount of money I have paid into GTFC over the last 56 years or so leaves me with a clear conscience.

If you know how you can get the Saturday ones too through iFollow. Bit of a grey area but the money still goes to the club. I live up in Scotland so it's a bit unreasonable for me to travel 6 hours to Cleethorpes and back!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 123614

There is a difference.  The website that shows the content is the one who is streaming it.  Peopl
E who watch it are not streaming it, they are watching it on a website. Companies like Sky are only going after those people who stream the content for people to watch.  With over 5 million watchers it is not worth their while to hunt them all down.  Also, all my research so far confirms that not one single ‘watcher’ has been prosecuted for watching streamed content.

That’s still you breaching copyright you muppet. Morally it’s like sneaking in without paying.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Theft from who?  I am not streaming the matches.  Also I would like to see how anyone could prove it.  As for rob giving my data to a third party, he would be on dodgy ground re the Data Protection Act.

It’s theft from the people who own the IP to the games being shown.

If there’s a breach of the law, Rob would be legally bound to provide the information to law enforcement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 27, 2020, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 123614

If there’s a breach of the law, Rob would be legally bound to provide the information to law enforcement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 111
ginnywings
February 27, 2020, 10:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

E who watch it are not streaming it, they are watching it on a website.
Companies like Sky are only going after those people who stream the content for people to watch.  With over 5 million watchers it is not worth their while to hunt them all down.  Also, all my research so far confirms that not one single ‘watcher’ has been prosecuted for watching streamed content.

That is the very definition of streaming. Only you are streaming it from an illegal source, albeit as a third party.

Anyway, as you say, it's up to the individual, so i will say no more...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 111
Fishy clapper
February 28, 2020, 7:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14

That’s still you breaching copyright you muppet. Morally it’s like sneaking in without paying.

Morally   flipping hell, this is how I justify it...

1. Park down a grotty side street in shite weather, walk to the ground in shite weather, watch the game in shite weather, listen to the usual arseholes spouting shite and standing up all game, then walk back to your car in shite weather to find out some dosser has keyed the motor. Get home at 6 urine wet through and miserable.

2. Enjoy your Saturday morning/afternoon keeping the wife happy, sit down at 14:55 with a beer in hand and fire on, flick IPTV on, enjoy the game, 16;45 walk the dog.

I just want a hassle free life, no longer interested in losing half a day just to watch football.
Spend the time to enjoy your family. Morally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Fishy clapper

1. Park down a grotty side street in shite weather, walk to the ground in shite weather, watch the game in shite weather, listen to the usual arseholes spouting shite and standing up all game, then walk back to your car in shite weather to find out some dosser has keyed the motor. Get home at 6 urine wet through and miserable.

2. Enjoy your Saturday morning/afternoon keeping the wife happy, sit down at 14:55 with a beer in hand and fire on, flick IPTV on, enjoy the game, 16;45 walk the dog.

I just want a hassle free life, no longer interested in losing half a day just to watch football.

And people wonder why lower league football is f@cked....all there in one statement...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 111
psgmariner
February 28, 2020, 7:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
I’m telling my wife that drinking beer and watching football on tv counts as family time.

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 111
wuffing
February 28, 2020, 7:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35

I'd throw that  Howard Hughes book away if I were you!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 111
BenBB
February 28, 2020, 9:07am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +866
Gold Stars: 30

'hing is I kinda agree with point 1 but if everyone did that the stadium would be empty and if you're using IPTV the team would have no money because it's going to Dodgy Dave instead

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 111
February 28, 2020, 10:04am
Guest User
Wow, didn't know this site had so many members with very high morals.  You must all be saints who have never ever done anything wrong in your lifetime.  I must congratulate you all for living such innocent, moral lives.
Reply: 75 - 111
February 28, 2020, 10:09am
Guest User

This made me laugh so much.    Do you really think that most fans if offered a cheap ticket would say, "No, I'm robbing the club", if you do, then you are very naive!

Reply: 76 - 111
Morris Minor
February 28, 2020, 10:10am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12

Exactly it's difficult to give up home comforts in exchange for a freezing cold BP. Sky expect you to sit in front of your telly though with their (very overprised) service. So why is it not the same for IPTV?

Surely if the 'smaller' clubs do not allow the i-follow cameras in things might change!

Not all IPTV suppliers have L1 and L2 i-follow games on though.  But there are several that show every game home and away.

UTMM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 111
Croxton
February 28, 2020, 10:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933

Don't woke wash your free and personal choice. Many exiles would love to be home at 6.00pm! It is still possible to 'enjoy your family' and lose a whole day (or two sometimes) following your team. Everyone's circumstances are different. I have spent years prioritising work, wife, elderly parents, kids and grandkids and missed out on many great matches and Town legends.
There is no real right or wrong here but there has to be a sustainable club and the home crowd is critical to that. You highlight the downsides of attending a home game but I don't think your wife, your dog , the fire and a beer should put your club into Room 101!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 111
golfer
February 28, 2020, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

This made me laugh so much.    Do you really think that most fans if offered a cheap ticket would say, "No, I'm robbing the club", if you do, then you are very naive!

I have tried to give an Upper Findus season ticket away on 3 occasions due to ill health and my only response was 7 red x's
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2020, 5:46pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 123614
Wow, didn't know this site had so many members with very high morals.  You must all be saints who have never ever done anything wrong in your lifetime.  I must congratulate you all for living such innocent, moral lives.

Compared to you, emphatically yes!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 111
KingstonMariner
February 28, 2020, 5:59pm
Meths Drinker

I get your personal choice is to not attend the game. Nothing wrong with that. Perfectly fine.

Just flipping pay for the services you’re using. If you don’t you’re taking money off the club you supposedly support.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 111
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 28, 2020, 6:00pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 123614

You’re still breaking the law. I hope it catches up with you.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 111
Mighty_Mariner
February 28, 2020, 6:06pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Quoted from 123614

Thank you that means a lot!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 111
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 28, 2020, 6:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Your naivety is incredible. This is a fans forum which involves many people who do great things for the club at there own expense. As we are all aware, Grimsby is not a thriving economic area and therefore fans are putting lots of their livelihood into the club.

Then there are people like you trying to justify short changing the club when it’s quite clearly struggled on a low budget for a long time....

I hope the club read this and try and take action against you. You’ve claimed disability yet I’d imagine the club would be the first to help a fan in need if there support is genuine. Yours is clearly not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 111
wigworld
February 28, 2020, 6:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Morris Minor
This is no different from years ago when we all sat listening to the top 40 with our personal tape recorders.
Everybody has copied a CD, and it is so easy to record all the latest from Spotify.

It is purely personal choice, however but if it's free it tends to be a lot better than if you had to pay for it!.

Just saying.

Home Taping is Killing Music

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 111
February 28, 2020, 7:25pm
Guest User

Your naivety is incredible. This is a fans forum which involves many people who do great things for the club at there own expense. As we are all aware, Grimsby is not a thriving economic area and therefore fans are putting lots of their livelihood into the club.

Then there are people like you trying to justify short changing the club when it’s quite clearly struggled on a low budget for a long time....

I hope the club read this and try and take action against you. You’ve claimed disability yet I’d imagine the club would be the first to help a fan in need if there support is genuine. Yours is clearly not.

Really!!  Perhaps you should write to the club and ask them how much I donated to the Youth Development  Academy this year, not that it's any of your business.Also, what action do you think the club can take against me, I'll tell you, nothing, absolutely nothing.  I am going against my principles here in explaining what I have done for the club so far this season.  I have paid for every iFollow match up until about 1 month ago, I also donated £100 to the Youth Development Academy, I cannot afford to pay £10 for every iFollow match, so I will solve the problem anyway I can,  This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone at all on this site, or in fact anywhere.  I don't care if idiots like you doubt my disability, I don't have to prove it to you, it's a sad indictment of people today who ASSUME that they know everything about another person on the internet, you don't, and never will.

Reply: 86 - 111
February 28, 2020, 7:28pm
Guest User

Compared to you, emphatically yes!!!

So, are you saying you have never committed a wrongdoing throughout the whole of your life?  Not that I am admitting anything, I just find you so called 'saints' amusing, and would guess that most of you have done bad things at some time.

Reply: 87 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Really!!  Perhaps you should write to the club and ask them how much I donated to the Youth Development  Academy this year, not that it's any of your business.Also, what action do you think the club can take against me, I'll tell you, nothing, absolutely nothing.  I am going against my principles here in explaining what I have done for the club so far this season.  I have paid for every iFollow match up until about 1 month ago, I also donated £100 to the Youth Development Academy, I cannot afford to pay £10 for every iFollow match, so I will solve the problem anyway I can,  This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone at all on this site, or in fact anywhere.  I don't care if idiots like you doubt my disability, I don't have to prove it to you, it's a sad indictment of people today who ASSUME that they know everything about another person on the internet, you don't, and never will.

No one's doubts your disability, for that we have empathy, but streaming the games is illegal ..end off...it takes money out the clubs coffers.
I buy a season ticket for me and my lad, I buy him 2 tops per year, town coats, jackets, scarves, gloves and hats...but never do I stream a game...can afford all of the above?...just about..
Not being able to afford IFOLLOW for every game is lame, it's about as absurd as saying " sorry sir, I couldn't the loaf of bread, so I hid under my coat and hoped you wouldn't notice"...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 111
February 28, 2020, 7:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

No one's doubts your disability, for that we have empathy, but streaming the games is illegal ..end off...it takes money out the clubs coffers.
I buy a season ticket for me and my lad, I buy him 2 tops per year, town coats, jackets, scarves, gloves and hats...but never do I stream a game...can afford all of the above?...just about..
Not being able to afford IFOLLOW for every game is lame, it's about as absurd as saying " sorry sir, I couldn't the loaf of bread, so I hid under my coat and hoped you wouldn't notice"...

So you understand that I can't get to matches, and that on Saturdays iFollow do not stream Town games, so I have no way to see the game, oh wait, there is a way!!

Reply: 89 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 123614

So you understand that I can't get to matches, and that on Saturdays iFollow do not stream Town games, so I have no way to see the game, oh wait, there is a way!!

Which is illegal, you know that....you could pay the £5.99 pm subscription to IFOLLOW and listen to EVERY game...there's no excuse for theft, no excuse for breaking the law...that's what I'm saying..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 111
Grantham_Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
So how do you stand on using a VPN and paying iFollow's overseas fee for 3pm Saturday games then?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
So how do you stand on using a VPN and paying iFollow's overseas fee for 3pm Saturday games then?

At least your paying a fee of which the club gets %80 of...not illegal, just bending the rules, completely different in my book ..
Would rather see people attending games and building the atmosphere, paying for tickets etc..but don't complain when the budgets slashed due to lack of gate receipts...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

At least your paying a fee of which the club gets %80 of...not illegal, just bending the rules, completely different in my book ..
Would rather see people attending games and building the atmosphere, paying for tickets etc..
Just don't complain when the budgets slashed due to lack of gate receipts...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 111
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
So you lot have never parked in a parking space and not paid, parked on a double yellow line, bought smuggled drink and baccy.
My god you are sanctimonious lot, with your holier than thou attitude hiding behind user names anonymously preaching virtues which no doubt you don't have, with the confidence that nobody can recognise you.
What a load of bullies you are!

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 111
February 28, 2020, 8:11pm
Guest User

Which is illegal, you know that....you could pay the £5.99 pm subscription to IFOLLOW and listen to EVERY game...there's no excuse for theft, no excuse for breaking the law...that's what I'm saying..

Or I could listen to RH for free, which most people do.  

Reply: 95 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 28, 2020, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Or I could listen to RH for free, which most people do.  

Absolutely, if they had decent commentators it'd be even better. I've tried that route myself but once Buckley's on I turn it off..
Did amazing things with our football on the pitch but, my god, his constant condemnation of every player on the pitch does my nut in....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 111
golfer
February 28, 2020, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Thought the commentary on ifollow was R.H. -it is when I watch it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 111
louth_in_the_south
February 28, 2020, 10:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,549
Gold Stars: 94
What a bunch of W..-ankers

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 111
fiveallive
February 28, 2020, 11:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I was kind of expecting this to happen long time ago regarding Ifollow, I do watch some Grimsby games via VPN, I work permanent nights the other week I did 6 in a row and by the time I woke it was 14:30 so I order via vpn I can't drive either.

MSTREAMS in my opinion isn't great I subbed for a weekend the other week to check what the fuss was about it was okay nothing great I already orded the town game and watched through vpn, checked out the stream and thought the one via firestick through vpn and silk browser was a better picture.

You have to be careful with iptv because all there streams they don't do themselves they do deals or steal other streaming sites or themselves sub of someone other websites.

When a stream goes down alot of iptv services can't sort it themselves they have to go through other services to streams back up.

Through a vpn it's something like £5.75.

I like to try and go to as many games as possible and it's the only time I actually see my dad as working nights I can go weeks without seeing or speaking to him so it's nice to go the match and have a takeaway afterwards and have a general catch up.

And nothing for me beats being at a ground live, but ifollow isn't bad I wish I could turn the commentary off and listen to the crowd noise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 111
arryarryarry
February 28, 2020, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113

Whilst not advocating the use of dodgy streaming sites, I don't because my IT knowledge doesn't go much further than turning my PC on then off, lots of things are illegal such as going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit. Have you never done that?
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 29, 2020, 5:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst not advocating the use of dodgy streaming sites, I don't because my IT knowledge doesn't go much further than turning my PC on then off, lots of things are illegal such as going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit. Have you never done that?

Don't know, I haven't got a speedometer on my push bike!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 111
February 29, 2020, 9:08am
Guest User
I'm really sick of all you 'holier than thou' people who supposedly have never broken any law in their whole lives.  If you look at the opening page all I wanted was someone to get in touch with me via a PM message..  A couple of people asked questions then all of you snowflakes jumped on the thread and now we have 11 pages, how pathetic!  So I'm not going to post anything else here, I am doing what I do, end of story!
Reply: 102 - 111
AussieMariner
February 29, 2020, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Actually no, Black and White Bear I don’t think that. In fact I’m quite happy to buy an OAP ticket and will take advantage of the special offer for exiles for the Carlisle match. But these are within the financial model that our club has established.
My preference is to buy my content from the club as that makes me a supporter.
If you buy your content from someone else and there is no benefit to the club that makes you a follower, not a supporter.
The fact is that by buying the content from dodgy bros IPTV you are undermining the club’s financial model and the more people do that the more expensive the legitimate product will become for those of us that are principled enough to insist on buying it. I expect that at some stage soon these illegal sites will be shut down (just like the pirate radio ships in the 60’s) and you will be one of the first to whinge about the price.
I sympathise with your disability and hope it is taken into account the next time you are arrested for shoplifting.
Or maybe you don’t do that because there’s a good chance of getting caught.
BTW if you want to talk about naivety, coming on to a social media site and boasting about your ability to rip off an organisation you claim to support to people that genuinely support it sort of takes the cake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 111
headingly_mariner
February 29, 2020, 10:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Don’t you folk think it’s a bit harsh to be so critical of someone who clearly can’t make games? There’s no legal way to watch town in the UK on a Saturday unless you can get to the game. This is just someone trying to take a bit of joy from watching Town, I’m sure if there was legal UK streaming he’d be using that.

I don’t have an issue with people watching Town if they can’t make the game. If you can get to the game and you choose to sit at home and watch it that would be different.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 111
pen penfras
February 29, 2020, 11:12am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Don’t you folk think it’s a bit harsh to be so critical of someone who clearly can’t make games? There’s no legal way to watch town in the UK on a Saturday unless you can get to the game. This is just someone trying to take a bit of joy from watching Town, I’m sure if there was legal UK streaming he’d be using that.

I don’t have an issue with people watching Town if they can’t make the game. If you can get to the game and you choose to sit at home and watch it that would be different.

If you can't get to the match, then I don't see a problem with people watching it online. I do have a problem that there are 2 ways to do it, one that costs a couple of pounds more a month but the club make about 70% of the money (after VPN fee included), and the other involves giving all of the money to criminals.

1 - the club doesn't benefit at all, you better not be complaining about budget or standard of our team if you aren't willing to contribute to the club.
2 - the service won't exist if everybody does this. I think iFollow is great. I get to watch a lot more matches than I would otherwise be able to, even if it's only the Tuesday night ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 111
arryarryarry
February 29, 2020, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946

Don't know, I haven't got a speedometer on my push bike!!..

What about downhill with a back wind?
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 111
headingly_mariner
February 29, 2020, 11:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from pen penfras

If you can't get to the match, then I don't see a problem with people watching it online. I do have a problem that there are 2 ways to do it, one that costs a couple of pounds more a month but the club make about 70% of the money (after VPN fee included), and the other involves giving all of the money to criminals.

1 - the club doesn't benefit at all, you better not be complaining about budget or standard of our team if you aren't willing to contribute to the club.
2 - the service won't exist if everybody does this. I think iFollow is great. I get to watch a lot more matches than I would otherwise be able to, even if it's only the Tuesday night ones.

To be fair I think it’s even cheaper to use the VPN route, but it requires a certain technical nouse that is beyond some people. Plus the EFL are now blocking lots of VPN’s. It’s not as clear as being a straight choice between the two.
The bloke has said he finds a way to put money into the youth system. Maybe an offer of some technical support may be the order of the day instead of some people calling him the worst type of fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 111
Stadium
February 29, 2020, 1:12pm
Champagne Drinker

I would be interested to see if any individual has been prosecuted for viewing an IPTV stream.
My opinion would be no so really a case of scaremongering along with the ridiculous revenue stream arguement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 111
AussieMariner
February 29, 2020, 1:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Thank you for your response B&WB
Out of interest why did you wait 27 days to reply?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 111
AussieMariner
February 29, 2020, 1:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Yes probably if he would just shut the fack up about it himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 111
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.