arryarryarry
February 28, 2020, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Which is illegal, you know that....you could pay the £5.99 pm subscription to IFOLLOW and listen to EVERY game...there's no excuse for theft, no excuse for breaking the law...that's what I'm saying..

Whilst not advocating the use of dodgy streaming sites, I don't because my IT knowledge doesn't go much further than turning my PC on then off, lots of things are illegal such as going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit. Have you never done that?
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 111
Northbank Mariner
February 29, 2020, 5:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst not advocating the use of dodgy streaming sites, I don't because my IT knowledge doesn't go much further than turning my PC on then off, lots of things are illegal such as going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit. Have you never done that?

Don't know, I haven't got a speedometer on my push bike!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 111
February 29, 2020, 9:08am
Guest User
I'm really sick of all you 'holier than thou' people who supposedly have never broken any law in their whole lives.  If you look at the opening page all I wanted was someone to get in touch with me via a PM message..  A couple of people asked questions then all of you snowflakes jumped on the thread and now we have 11 pages, how pathetic!  So I'm not going to post anything else here, I am doing what I do, end of story!
Reply: 102 - 111
AussieMariner
February 29, 2020, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 123614

This made me laugh so much.    Do you really think that most fans if offered a cheap ticket would say, "No, I'm robbing the club", if you do, then you are very naive!

Actually no, Black and White Bear I don’t think that. In fact I’m quite happy to buy an OAP ticket and will take advantage of the special offer for exiles for the Carlisle match. But these are within the financial model that our club has established.
My preference is to buy my content from the club as that makes me a supporter.
If you buy your content from someone else and there is no benefit to the club that makes you a follower, not a supporter.
The fact is that by buying the content from dodgy bros IPTV you are undermining the club’s financial model and the more people do that the more expensive the legitimate product will become for those of us that are principled enough to insist on buying it. I expect that at some stage soon these illegal sites will be shut down (just like the pirate radio ships in the 60’s) and you will be one of the first to whinge about the price.
I sympathise with your disability and hope it is taken into account the next time you are arrested for shoplifting.
Or maybe you don’t do that because there’s a good chance of getting caught.
BTW if you want to talk about naivety, coming on to a social media site and boasting about your ability to rip off an organisation you claim to support to people that genuinely support it sort of takes the cake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 111
headingly_mariner
February 29, 2020, 10:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Don’t you folk think it’s a bit harsh to be so critical of someone who clearly can’t make games? There’s no legal way to watch town in the UK on a Saturday unless you can get to the game. This is just someone trying to take a bit of joy from watching Town, I’m sure if there was legal UK streaming he’d be using that.

I don’t have an issue with people watching Town if they can’t make the game. If you can get to the game and you choose to sit at home and watch it that would be different.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 111
pen penfras
February 29, 2020, 11:12am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Don’t you folk think it’s a bit harsh to be so critical of someone who clearly can’t make games? There’s no legal way to watch town in the UK on a Saturday unless you can get to the game. This is just someone trying to take a bit of joy from watching Town, I’m sure if there was legal UK streaming he’d be using that.

I don’t have an issue with people watching Town if they can’t make the game. If you can get to the game and you choose to sit at home and watch it that would be different.

If you can't get to the match, then I don't see a problem with people watching it online. I do have a problem that there are 2 ways to do it, one that costs a couple of pounds more a month but the club make about 70% of the money (after VPN fee included), and the other involves giving all of the money to criminals.

1 - the club doesn't benefit at all, you better not be complaining about budget or standard of our team if you aren't willing to contribute to the club.
2 - the service won't exist if everybody does this. I think iFollow is great. I get to watch a lot more matches than I would otherwise be able to, even if it's only the Tuesday night ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 111
arryarryarry
February 29, 2020, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Don't know, I haven't got a speedometer on my push bike!!..

What about downhill with a back wind?
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 111
headingly_mariner
February 29, 2020, 11:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from pen penfras

If you can't get to the match, then I don't see a problem with people watching it online. I do have a problem that there are 2 ways to do it, one that costs a couple of pounds more a month but the club make about 70% of the money (after VPN fee included), and the other involves giving all of the money to criminals.

1 - the club doesn't benefit at all, you better not be complaining about budget or standard of our team if you aren't willing to contribute to the club.
2 - the service won't exist if everybody does this. I think iFollow is great. I get to watch a lot more matches than I would otherwise be able to, even if it's only the Tuesday night ones.

To be fair I think it’s even cheaper to use the VPN route, but it requires a certain technical nouse that is beyond some people. Plus the EFL are now blocking lots of VPN’s. It’s not as clear as being a straight choice between the two.
The bloke has said he finds a way to put money into the youth system. Maybe an offer of some technical support may be the order of the day instead of some people calling him the worst type of fan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 111
Stadium
February 29, 2020, 1:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s theft from the people who own the IP to the games being shown.

If there’s a breach of the law, Rob would be legally bound to provide the information to law enforcement.

I would be interested to see if any individual has been prosecuted for viewing an IPTV stream.
My opinion would be no so really a case of scaremongering along with the ridiculous revenue stream arguement.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 111
AussieMariner
February 29, 2020, 1:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 123614

This made me laugh so much.    Do you really think that most fans if offered a cheap ticket would say, "No, I'm robbing the club", if you do, then you are very naive!

Thank you for your response B&WB
Out of interest why did you wait 27 days to reply?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.