This thread currently has 25,230 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
November 19, 2019, 9:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Radio Hull don't really like us, they Hull-centric of course. Just get on with it, rise above. We could defect to Radio Lincolnshire but then we'd face the same but instead Lincoln-centric.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 127
Swansea_Mariner
November 19, 2019, 9:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I honestly don't think they are purposely pessimistic, we average just under one win in three at this level so more often than not their questioning a losing manager.

Town being dire for 15 years is hardly RHs fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 127
rancido
November 20, 2019, 11:26am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

Bloody hell I hope not, at least appoint someone who's played the game!

Unlike another Lawrie Mac?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 127
Ipswin
November 20, 2019, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

Unlike another Lawrie Mac?

Who had managed a FL club before arriving at Town despite not being up to his ears in obviously easily attainable UEFA licences and whose most off the wall idea was to take the lads down dock. You Tube coaching and tactics videos based on a win over Malmo did not enter old Lawries head

Please note it is my fault Jolley didn't cut it! He just wasn't up to it and the brave experiment of employing someone with fancy ideas but zero experience did not work.We cannot afford to do that again

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 127
FishOutOfWater
November 20, 2019, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

Who had managed a FL club before arriving at Town despite not being up to his ears in obviously easily attainable UEFA licences and whose most off the wall idea was to take the lads down dock. You Tube coaching and tactics videos based on a win over Malmo did not enter old Lawries head

Please note it is my fault Jolley didn't cut it! He just wasn't up to it and the brave experiment of employing someone with fancy ideas but zero experience did not work.We cannot afford to do that again

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.... he'd kept us in the league for two seasons and was taking us the same way for a third season, which is what most of us would have wished for before he came to the club

Admittedly he didn't deliver any promotions which might be the yardstick of success, but we turned over a profit in his time here ( thanks to last season's cup run I suspect )

And while he didn't deliver promotions in his time with Town of the four managers who achieved that distinction last season ( bearing in mind MJ was never going to get us promoted in 2018   ), the Cowleys have moved on, Tisdale has been sacked, Bury have gone bust altogether so only Micky Mellon is still in situ.

I know you never wanted Jolley in the first place Swin and he never convinced you in to being a fan of his but when all's said and done, I'd rather have the survival he provided ( whether that was through luck or not ) than be out of the league which we might have been if things had not gone according to his plan
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 127
White_shorts
November 24, 2019, 3:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -646
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from White_shorts
I thought I heard Mr Fenty say that he "struggles to see how" a docks stadium can happen, and so he would be prepared to work with the Freemen and council to build a new ground at Freeman Street.

That part of the interview was repeated on Wednesday before the Newport game. Mr Fenty seemed to say there should be positive news about a new stadium in the near future. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned it.

I suppose it could be BS to placate supporters who are unhappy with recent results.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 127
MarinerMart
November 24, 2019, 3:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
AGM this week .... dare we hope for some news? lol 🤭🙈
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 127
rancido
November 24, 2019, 7:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

Swin, I was merely responding to a poster who wanted the new manager to be somebody who had played the game professionally. I don't necessarily regard  this as a critera but the poster I replied to did. That poster was you!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 127
Bigdog
November 24, 2019, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from White_shorts

That part of the interview was repeated on Wednesday before the Newport game. Mr Fenty seemed to say there should be positive news about a new stadium in the near future. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned it.

I suppose it could be BS to placate supporters who are unhappy with recent results.

His exact words..

"Will there be a takeover or not.. irrespective of that, the football club will be moving forward very very quickly with relocation, If it isn't the Fish Dock, and I struggle to think it can be, then we will move quickly to pursue Freeman Street and get something into the ground as soon as possible. So exciting times.."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 127
Gaffer58
November 24, 2019, 8:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
So, does Mr Fenty get to chose where he wants the new ground, what if those in charge of Freeman Street aren't interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF on sports talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.