November 18, 2019, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from promotion plaice

Thanks for that PP.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 127
jamesgtfc
November 18, 2019, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
This recording has damaged Jolley's stock big time. His Twitter profile gives off this stellar image of an absolute gent because he blocks any risk of negativity against him but scratch beneath the surface and it begins to unravel.

The mishap in Scotland, his disagreement with the board in Sweden, his outburst against journalists and the budget given to him by the board. Tonight you can add confirmation that he was talking to other clubs behind our backs despite telling us all how we are going for it this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 127
Poojah
November 18, 2019, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,394
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from jamesgtfc
This recording has damaged Jolley's stock big time. His Twitter profile gives off this stellar image of an absolute gent because he blocks any risk of negativity against him but scratch beneath the surface and it begins to unravel.

The mishap in Scotland, his disagreement with the board in Sweden, his outburst against journalists and the budget given to him by the board. Tonight you can add confirmation that he was talking to other clubs behind our backs despite telling us all how we are going for it this year.

I don’t think the idea he was applying for other jobs is all that surprising; people of all walks of life do that on the off chance they may be able to accelerate their career (although I do get that it’s slightly different when you are the figurehead of a football club).

That said, I agree he’s going to have trouble in finding a new role in professional football management. Many managers carry baggage but the ones who continue to find gainful employment are the ones who have sufficient tangible success on their CV to offset it.

Does Jolley? Time will tell, but at this moment in time by gut feeling is ‘no’. Do I feel sorry for him? I did when the news broke on Friday, but perhaps now it seems as though the mask has merely slipped.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 127
chaos33
November 18, 2019, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Well done the person who red crossed me for telling fellow town fans that JF was on the radio tonight. Cretin.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 127
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 18, 2019, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,788
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t think the idea he was applying for other jobs is all that surprising; people of all walks of life do that on the off chance they may be able to accelerate theuir career (although I do get that it’s slightly different when you are the figurehead of a football club).

That said, I agree he’s going to have trouble in finding a new role in professional football management. Many managers carry baggage but the ones who continue to find gainful employment are the ones who have sufficient tangible success on their CV to offset it.

Does Jolley? Time will tell, but at this moment in time by gut feeling is ‘no’. Do I feel sorry for him? I did when the news broke on Friday, but perhaps now it seems as though the mask has merely slipped.

Slade is still working!

There's hope for us all!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 127
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2019, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,877
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I put on another thread, some 2 weeks ago I'd been told about MJ applying for the Lincoln job but in typical fishy fashion I was shot down in flames....
Can't help it but the thought of Jolley has now left a very bitter taste in my mouth ..should've been remembered for being the hero after keeping us in the league, right now I personally think he's down right snake who sold us a pup with his political style interviews and sharp suits...
Over to limbrick and Co now,  hope Dave Moore has got into them too...maybe limbrick didn't have as much say as we thought and be interested to see how he sets the team up...hopefully he knows the difference between square and round shapes!!...

I was one who doubted it Northbank so I’d just like to apologise mate. I think what’s come out in the last few days underlines how utterly deluded he was to think he could do a bigger job.

If people under the radar knew Jolley was looking at other things I’m sure the players did which might explain some recent form. If Dave’s involved in setting the team up I’m sure it will be as simple as possible.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 127
psgmariner
November 18, 2019, 7:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I didn’t believe he applied for the Lincoln job either. I’m still struggling now! They must have a good chuckle when his one page CV arrived.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 127
denni266
November 18, 2019, 7:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 131
Never been a fan of JF, but he cane across very well tonight, Thought he sounded a bit embarist to have to apolagise for the club and it is my view that Jolley should have been doing that first., And for once with regards to the sale and new ground thing, he seems to be in control of what is happining and what way to turn if things dont work out eithr way.  He came across as realy wanting some success on his watch, accepting that things had not been great under his watch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 127
Poojah
November 18, 2019, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,394
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Slade is still working!

There's hope for us all!

It’s a valid point, but Slade can at least point to the fact that he has managed at all levels of the game from Conference North to The Championship, with a series of (admittedly failed) play-off final appearances with unfancied sides along the way.

What’s a Jolley got? A relegation in Sweden, two lower third League Two finishes and then a ‘mutual consent’ parting of ways whilst in a similar position under an embarrassing PR cloud. That’s a harsh assessment of his achievements I know, and I don’t think it tells the whole story, but there’s nothing there which isn’t factual.

Still, he’s not having the worst week in the world of PR. Perhaps he can blame his outburst on an overdose of adrenaline sustained being shot at by Louis Robles (he missed, naturally).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 127
jamesgtfc
November 18, 2019, 7:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from psgmariner
I didn’t believe he applied for the Lincoln job either. I’m still struggling now! They must have a good chuckle when his one page CV arrived.

Lincoln board: "So Michael, your footballing CV is very short. What your reason for leaving Sweden?"

MJ: "The board were an absolute f*****g disgrace!"

Lincoln Board: "So you next rocked up down the A46 at Grimsby, saving them from relegation. You mentioned in your application that now is the opportune moment to move on. Why is that?"

MJ: "The board are an absolute f*****g disgrace. Matt Dean is antagonistic and that Burns, is an absolute f*****g disgrace. My mate Rob Staton is a straight shooter though. Back to the question though, do you know where my budget ranks in the f*****g league? Because of me they aren't playing f*****g Barnet or Braintree.

Lincoln Board: "We were going to ask you about your time in Scotland, but I suppose that wasn't your fault either?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF on sports talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.