RichMariner
November 18, 2019, 9:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I got blocked by him and his Mrs never tagged either of them never had a personal dig just expressed my views and frustrations with the utter pony we’ve been seeing on the pitch, clearly he was/is pretty self absorbed.

I was an advocate of Jolley, always backed him and stuck up for him on here. Like most fans I shared some occasional and general frustrations on Twitter.

Blocked.

I don't understand the mentality, it just seems petty. Why bother being on social media if all you're gonna do is block everyone? He'd not tweeted since June before he posted his departure statement.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 50 - 127
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2019, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I got blocked by him and his Mrs never tagged either of them never had a personal dig just expressed my views and frustrations with the utter pony we’ve been seeing on the pitch, clearly he was/is pretty self absorbed.

I got blocked some time ago over questioning team selection where I’d tagged Anthony. He didn’t block me but the Jolleys did. Maybe he just hasn’t got the mental fortitude for the job or more likely, don’t understand that putting yourself on Twitter leaves you open to criticism.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 127
lew chaterleys lover
November 18, 2019, 9:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
It doesn't surprise me that Jolley was looking elsewhere. Probably started when we were doing ok.

He would have known the proposed takeover had stalled; he has a non chairman who has achieved nothing with the club, and knew in his heart, as I do, that the club is going precisely nowhere.

I would imagine there is a lot more to all this than we are privvy to, but given Fenty's penchant of falling out with people it would not surprise me if that was in the mix as well.

Until we get new owners we are stuffed.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 127
moosey_club
November 18, 2019, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Another interesting question, well to me anyway, which I haven’t seen raised elsewhere is given MJ’s previous career with both Burnley and Palace, albeit that was a while ago, that we never had, or were linked with having any loan players from these clubs.

Must admit given his time at Burnley I fully expected a couple of their younger players to join us but this never materialised and just seemed very odd to me.

Hendrie, Ali Koki , Whitmore off the top of my head with the Burnley connection.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 127
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2019, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
It doesn't surprise me that Jolley was looking elsewhere. Probably started when we were doing ok.

He would have known the proposed takeover had stalled; he has a non chairman who has achieved nothing with the club, and knew in his heart, as I do, that the club is going precisely nowhere.

I would imagine there is a lot more to all this than we are privvy to, but given Fenty's penchant of falling out with people it would not surprise me if that was in the mix as well.

Until we get new owners we are stuffed.

All well and good but I don’t want the club sold to any Tom, Richard or Harry and it’s clear that JF wants to move on. The club is in a better financial position than it’s been for some time and there are clearly clubs with lower budgets above us in the table. Time to move on and get behind AL and the team.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 127
toontown
November 18, 2019, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I got blocked some time ago over questioning team selection where I’d tagged Anthony. He didn’t block me but the Jolleys did. Maybe he just hasn’t got the mental fortitude for the job or more likely, don’t understand that putting yourself on Twitter leaves you open to criticism.

i wonder if he does not have ability to deal with the pressure that management in even the bottom rung of the EFL brings, his rant suggests so.

Scouring twitter for any negative comments about performances (not ones tagging him in) is truly bizarre in his role. I would suggest there were better things to do with his time that may have helped deal with what was causing the negative comments.

I was an advocate for jolley until recently but i really do think we are better off without him and i would be surprised if he manages at EFL level again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 127
sam gy
November 18, 2019, 9:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from moosey_club

Hendrie, Ali Koki , Whitmore off the top of my head with the Burnley connection.

Ali Koki played one trial game for us, didn’t he? Don’t think that counts.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 127
forza ivano
November 18, 2019, 10:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
2 things that struck me from tonight.
Firstly there was a distinct change in tone from Fenty.in the freeview interview ,which I'm guessing was recorded on Saturday, he seemed regretful and had some sympathy with him regarding radio humberside. However tonight he was far more 'aggressive ' regarding jolley. I wonder if hed learnt a few more things in the time period between the 2 interviews?
The other thing was how effusive he was about bringing in young/new/ non league managers. Just wonder if that's the road he'd quite like to go down ( in contrast he said next to nothing about promoting from within)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 127
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 18, 2019, 10:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Thought JF came across very well.  Usual Fentyisms and odd words but an honest interview.
Also credit to RS for his part in an informative conversation

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 127
FishOutOfWater
November 18, 2019, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Thought JF came across very well.  Usual Fentyisms and odd words but an honest interview.
Also credit to RS for his part in an informative conversation

Maybe it's just me but I thought JF laid it on just a bit thick with his intro with RS.... how they'd never met before and how well they got on

Perhaps I'm just getting old and cynical but it sounded a bit disingenuous.... almost like how a politician sucks up to the media

It was overall an interesting statement by JF about the current situation.... I'll wait and see how this all pans out before getting off the fence though

As for JF hoping to have found someone in the media he can develop a relationship with, this one won't last as RS is moving back across from RH to work for Look North at the end of this month

That'll mean a new sports editor in place at RH so it'll be interesting to see if the media relationship reverts to type.... the old rather fractious one
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF on sports talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.