Private Message
Reply: 40 - 127
Rik e B
November 18, 2019, 8:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
On a positive note, if the new broom can boost morale with an 'in it together' mentality plus keep it stupid simple on the training ground and on the pitch then there's no reason why we can't easily recapture early season form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 127
forza ivano
November 18, 2019, 8:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Throw the baby out of the bath water
Moneybags
Competitive budget
Punch drunk

Last night he'd pushed the boat out and moved the goal posts.made me wonder if he was thinking of establishing a water polo team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 127
Swansea_Mariner
November 18, 2019, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I suppose when you look at his CV he's been at a lot of clubs in a fairly short career, doesn't seem to stay anywhere too long. Maybe he's just one of those always looking towards the next appointment types.

Truth is this was the big job for him, not the next one and it's gone now. Don't reckon there be other suitors, deeply disappointing all round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 127
jonnyboy82
November 18, 2019, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Oh and because i mentioned that maybe its time we needed the change not even directly to Michael jolley on my twitter he went out his way and blocked me out of the blue.

So strange as he seemed to have blocked alot of people on twitter who said similar, trawling through twitter looking for anything to do with him and blocking them.

Really seen a different side to the bloke over the last few days.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 127
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2019, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from mimma
I too would like to apologise to you North Bank Mariner for doubting you on here.

In my defence 99.99%  of stories on here are fiction, so you become conditioned to doubting them all. Law of averages says that there will be one true story every now and then!

Sorry mate

Again mimma, no apology needed, you are right that a lot ift what's spouted is nonsense and I kind of expected no body to really believe my statement.
The only reason I believed it at the time was because it came from someone who's very, very close to a member of the current playing squad, so at that time the players were already aware of MJs intentions....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 127
LH
November 18, 2019, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Oh and because i mentioned that maybe its time we needed the change not even directly to Michael jolley on my twitter he went out his way and blocked me out of the blue.

So strange as he seemed to have blocked alot of people on twitter who said similar, trawling through twitter looking for anything to do with him and blocking them.

He doesn’t need overly positive people in his life, Jonny.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 127
promotion plaice
November 18, 2019, 8:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

Seeing as people are apologising on this thread, I'd like to profusely apologise for posting a while back that we should give Jolley a longer contract than the alleged six month rolling  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 127
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 18, 2019, 8:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Another interesting question, well to me anyway, which I haven’t seen raised elsewhere is given MJ’s previous career with both Burnley and Palace, albeit that was a while ago, that we never had, or were linked with having any loan players from these clubs.

Must admit given his time at Burnley I fully expected a couple of their younger players to join us but this never materialised and just seemed very odd to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 127
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2019, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I got blocked by him and his Mrs never tagged either of them never had a personal dig just expressed my views and frustrations with the utter pony we’ve been seeing on the pitch, clearly he was/is pretty self absorbed.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF on sports talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.