This thread currently has 25,208 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
November 18, 2019, 7:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It rung bells as real to me just by looking at how the player's seemed to have lost their purpose. Yeah there was the chopping and changing but it was clear there was a deeper disillusionment going on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 127
LH
November 18, 2019, 8:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
He’d like Radio Lincolnshire’s coverage. It’s more like Radio Pyongyang.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 127
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2019, 8:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I was one who doubted it Northbank so I’d just like to apologise mate. I think what’s come out in the last few days underlines how utterly deluded he was to think he could do a bigger job.

If people under the radar knew Jolley was looking at other things I’m sure the players did which might explain some recent form. If Dave’s involved in setting the team up I’m sure it will be as simple as possible.

No apologies needed bud, I've doubted plenty in here myself in the past...
Where I agree is that the drop off in results coincided with him applying for the job....
Saud at the time I wondered if it had git round the dressing room and the players had lost any respect and didn't want to play for him, which lets be honest, some of those signings signed on the dotted line because of his spin.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 127
chaos33
November 18, 2019, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
Ah Michael. I’m still sad about what’s happened because I really liked and believed in you but you let us down with performances, you let us down with disloyalty and you let us down with unprofessionalism. Are you regretting all this now?
You made a proper mess. What a way to repay those who backed you.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 127
Malta_Mariner_90
November 18, 2019, 8:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
It does seem things are beginning to make more sense. At the start of the season (Aug) the team looked like they would die for each other. The commitment was immense resulting in several comebacks that we would not have been capable of last season. What stuck out for me was 5-2 at home to Port Vale Hanson was still chasing after their centre backs despite the game being well in the bag.

A month and a bit later he was barely winning a header. There is no doubt to me that if this news got out amongst the squad it would have a severe impact on form.

But what was he thinking? Why on earth would Lincoln want him at this stage of his career? Bonkers, cost himself a career in management possibly.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 127
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2019, 8:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from chaos33
Ah Michael. I’m still sad about what’s happened because I really liked and believed in you but you let us down with performances, you let us down with disloyalty and you let us down with unprofessionalism. Are you regretting all this now?

Absolutely 100% chaos...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 127
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 18, 2019, 8:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33

If anything good comes out of this I hope it is that more people, especially Town fans and maybe board members too, will be more cynical and distrusting of people clever at promoting themselves on social media and using the media to create their image. A lot of fans were taken for a ride IMO because the club was in dire straits and he seemed the only option. Desperation as much as anything made people understandably blind to the obvious and angry at anyone who expressed criticism of the appointment.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 127
Malta_Mariner_90
November 18, 2019, 8:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I put on another thread, some 2 weeks ago I'd been told about MJ applying for the Lincoln job but in typical fishy fashion I was shot down in flames....
Can't help it but the thought of Jolley has now left a very bitter taste in my mouth ..should've been remembered for being the hero after keeping us in the league, right now I personally think he's down right snake who sold us a pup with his political style interviews and sharp suits...
Over to limbrick and Co now,  hope Dave Moore has got into them too...maybe limbrick didn't have as much say as we thought and be interested to see how he sets the team up...hopefully he knows the difference between square and round shapes!!...

I think you got bit of abuse partly because nobody could imagine Jolley was that type. Certainly when you posted that message none of us hand the faintest idea of his antics over the past couple of months. Pressure clearly got to the guy. Which is odd considering the pressure at the very start of his tenure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 127
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2019, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I have to say that JF seems to have handled both the incident and the subsequent fallout very well. He stated that he had a very close relationship with Jolley and he must be fuming that this happened, particularly the active search for another job.
As for Mr Jolley, he’s made himself look very silly and his departure statement looks like a series of very hollow words.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 127
mimma
November 18, 2019, 8:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
I too would like to apologise to you North Bank Mariner for doubting you on here.

In my defence 99.99%  of stories on here are fiction, so you become conditioned to doubting them all. Law of averages says that there will be one true story every now and then!

Sorry mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF on sports talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.