13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
November 19, 2019, 12:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
What interested me was how he explained that the financial fair play rules meant that we could only spend half the money we made from last years cup run this year and the rest next year.

Baffling!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 127
Ipswin
November 19, 2019, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano

The other thing was how effusive he was about bringing in young/new/ non league managers. Just wonder if that's the road he'd quite like to go down

A bit like Michael Jolley you mean?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 127
White_shorts
November 19, 2019, 2:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -624
Gold Stars: 9
I thought I heard Mr Fenty say that he "struggles to see how" a docks stadium can happen, and so he would be prepared to work with the Freemen and council to build a new ground at Freeman Street.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 127
Tommy
November 19, 2019, 2:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I put on another thread, some 2 weeks ago I'd been told about MJ applying for the Lincoln job but in typical fishy fashion I was shot down in flames....
Can't help it but the thought of Jolley has now left a very bitter taste in my mouth ..should've been remembered for being the hero after keeping us in the league, right now I personally think he's down right snake who sold us a pup with his political style interviews and sharp suits...
Over to limbrick and Co now,  hope Dave Moore has got into them too...maybe limbrick didn't have as much say as we thought and be interested to see how he sets the team up...hopefully he knows the difference between square and round shapes!!...

To be fair, we don't know that he did apply for the Lincoln job. No clubs have been named.

Anyhow, assuming he did apply for the Lincoln job as rumoured, I still can't work that one out. Surely MJ would've worked out that they'd have been aiming higher than a bottom half League Two Manager who's only achievement in football was keeping us up a couple of years ago (might sound harsh but that's the reality of his CV to a prospective new employer). And if you're already in employment, surely you'd only go for jobs that you'd be pretty confident you'd have a good chance of getting.

I don't particularly mind a Manager applying for another job. We'd all do it in our own careers to try and better ourselves or earn more money. But it might be a bit different if he was applying for jobs left, right and centre, making it look like he was desperate to get out.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 127
forza ivano
November 19, 2019, 3:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ipswin

A bit like Michael Jolley you mean?

i think he actually said that Jolley was left field appointment and that he wouldn't rule out another such manager. can't be arrsed to go through it again though, so may be wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 127
Ipswin
November 19, 2019, 4:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano

i think he actually said that Jolley was left field appointment and that he wouldn't rule out another such manager.!

Bloody hell I hope not, at least appoint someone who's played the game!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 127
pen penfras
November 19, 2019, 6:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mimma
What interested me was how he explained that the financial fair play rules meant that we could only spend half the money we made from last years cup run this year and the rest next year.

Baffling!!

That's not how I heard it, and it goes in the pot of "eligible income", so only 50% is available. What I found interesting is that we can spend last year's income on this year's budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 127
Madeleymariner
November 19, 2019, 7:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from pen penfras

That's not how I heard it, and it goes in the pot of "eligible income", so only 50% is available. What I found interesting is that we can spend last year's income on this year's budget.

Thats because we dont know this years income yet till the end of the year, so effectively its always about a year behind i assume but what is considered a year could be June to June, a tax year or a calender year i certainly dont know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 127
Rik e B
November 19, 2019, 7:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Sensible really, we all know what happened when we spent our expected income before getting it... (ITV Digital collapse disaster)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 127
moosey_club
November 19, 2019, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I am expecting to hear more from Jolley. This leak was bad for him but add the stuff in the interview and it’s killed his management career. Now with very little to lose I think he might fire a few shots of his own.

Who shot JF ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JF on sports talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.