Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

What can we do?

This thread currently has 15,980 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
September 22, 2019, 8:21am
Guest User
Every week in the media there are accounts of horrible racist abuse. In a week we’ve seen Marcus Rashford go public, former icon Peter Beardsley has been disgraced, Hartlepool and Dover nearly abandoned their game due to a significant incident. Blundell Park has not seen this for a while but together with the Club, we need to keep this high on the agenda and promote equality and diversity. Clear to see by the club yesterday with the dragons at half-time and other initiatives in recent months.

I think the racism we are seeing in football today is a result of those at the top attempting to manage the country. Those that govern or want to govern have not been held to account for racist comments disguised as vitriolic bullying aka nationalism. And they have the nerve to make out football supporters are the problem.
Mallyner
September 22, 2019, 8:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
On the lunchtime football program yesterday, there were 2 really pleasant young Chelsea players, answering the honesty questions. They were obviously great mates and they bounced humour off each other. One was black and with racism being in the forefront of sport at the moment, my thought went immediately to how could anybody in their right mind, racially abuse a decent boy like that?

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 102
hheh2
September 22, 2019, 9:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Don't equate Nationalism with racism , because I love my country doesn't mean I am a racist?

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 102
lew chaterleys lover
September 22, 2019, 9:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from 28195
Every week in the media there are accounts of horrible racist abuse. In a week we’ve seen Marcus Rashford go public, former icon Peter Beardsley has been disgraced, Hartlepool and Dover nearly abandoned their game due to a significant incident. Blundell Park has not seen this for a while but together with the Club, we need to keep this high on the agenda and promote equality and diversity. Clear to see by the club yesterday with the dragons at half-time and other initiatives in recent months.

I think the racism we are seeing in football today is a result of those at the top attempting to manage the country. Those that govern or want to govern have not been held to account for racist comments disguised as vitriolic bullying aka nationalism. And they have the nerve to make out football supporters are the problem.

I think you were posting that to make a non existent political point.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 102
September 22, 2019, 9:57am
Guest User
Quoted from hheh2
Don't equate Nationalism with racism , because I love my country doesn't mean I am a racist?

I think you are referring to patriotism, nationalism is at the detriment of others. Patriotism is the support and devotion to ones country.
Reply: 4 - 102
Fishy clapper
September 22, 2019, 10:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from 28195

I think you are referring to patriotism, nationalism is at the detriment of others. Patriotism is the support and devotion to ones country.

Take the left wing excrement to non footy 👍🏿
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 102
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 22, 2019, 10:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 28195

I think you are referring to tribalism and that this thread should zoom off into non-footy.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 102
fishboyUTM
September 22, 2019, 10:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
All this diversity and inclusion is boring the bottom off me if I'm honest. On the TV and radio we have men being replaced by women. If it's a black woman, even better. Talksport and Sky employ illiterate chav Clinton Morrison at the expense of articulate proper football people. Alan Brazil is surely on his last legs at Talksport.

It's all balderdash, yes racism is wrong but I don't want to hear about it all day long, every day and that's what I'm getting as a white van driver at work. My mate was shown a straight red card last Sunday for calling someone a homosexual! Christ on a bike, what a load of shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 102
Mrs Doyle
September 22, 2019, 11:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be fair I have not heard any racist remarks at B.P. in a long time. The only thing I did hear yesterday was their manager giving the plastic side pannel on the dug  out a massive thump in anger at the end. Not sure but I there was a massive crack in the perspex and the steward looked like he was reporting it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 102
sonofmadeleymariner
September 22, 2019, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Its very simple if a player reports reacila abuse, thats team next home game is played behind closed doors, its unfortunate for the other fans but it might start forcing people in the crowd to start reporting these idiots when they hear them if it means they won't get to see their club play

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 102
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.