Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

What can we do?

This thread currently has 16,103 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
September 22, 2019, 11:43am
Guest User
Its very simple if a player reports reacila abuse, thats team next home game is played behind closed doors, its unfortunate for the other fans but it might start forcing people in the crowd to start reporting these idiots when they hear them if it means they won't get to see their club play

Couldn’t agree more, similar approach to use of flares has worked at Blundell Park.
Reply: 10 - 102
LH
September 22, 2019, 11:56am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,501
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from fishboyUTM
All this diversity and inclusion is boring the bottom off me if I'm honest. On the TV and radio we have men being replaced by women. If it's a black woman, even better. Talksport and Sky employ illiterate chav Clinton Morrison at the expense of articulate proper football people. Alan Brazil is surely on his last legs at Talksport.

It's all balderdash, yes racism is wrong but I don't want to hear about it all day long, every day and that's what I'm getting as a white van driver at work. My mate was shown a straight red card last Sunday for calling someone a homosexual! Christ on a bike, what a load of shite.

Get with the times - you can’t say white van driver any more. It’s ‘van driver’ now.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 102
Heisenberg
September 22, 2019, 12:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,037
Gold Stars: 93
I have to say it’s been years since I’ve heard anything racist at BP, I think in general our fans are a credit. We’re made out to be some backward little town but actually I think the people of the area are nearly all very decent people.

As for this inclusion nonsense, I do despair at exactly how PC the BBC is. I do think employing Alex Scott as a pundit is ridiculous as she’s never played men’s football, just as it’s daft having someone like Dion Dublin working on the women’s World Cup.

Alex Scott is on Strictly at the minute, and there was a segment where she was at The Emirates and she declared it was her “home”. As far as I know, that stadium is the home to the men’s team and the women don’t play there at all.

It just seems that the men’s game gets criticised at every turn just to improve the profile of the women’s game, and I think the BBC do this as they know they’ll never be able to afford a live Premier League deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 102
chaos33
September 22, 2019, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from fishboyUTM
All this diversity and inclusion is boring the bottom off me if I'm honest. On the TV and radio we have men being replaced by women. If it's a black woman, even better. Talksport and Sky employ illiterate chav Clinton Morrison at the expense of articulate proper football people. Alan Brazil is surely on his last legs at Talksport.

It's all balderdash, yes racism is wrong but I don't want to hear about it all day long, every day and that's what I'm getting as a white van driver at work. My mate was shown a straight red card last Sunday for calling someone a homosexual! Christ on a bike, what a load of shite.

Can you not see how you’ve undermined your own argument with that last sentence?
Fancy not being able to ‘call’ someone a ‘fagg0t’ (your original word) without some form of challenge!! I mean it’s political correctness gone mad. 🤐🤣

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 102
mariner91
September 22, 2019, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Alan Brazil is surely on his last legs at Talksport.

I think he might be on his last legs full stop judging by the fact his face is generally a beetroot colour these days.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 102
Paris Mariner
September 22, 2019, 12:39pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Plenty of people on here saying they have heard nothing at BP for years/ages. Unfortunately, it does happen at BP or within Grimsby supporter ranks. I heard two last season - one at Newport away and one at Yeovil Town away. There was also incident at BP.

The bottom line is the sooner the people travelling to games with these idiots call their mates out on it, the sooner it will go away. Until that happens it won't go away.

It would also help if football clubs saying over the tannoy before games saying "racism has no place in football" replaced that with "racism has no place in society."

And to the bloke complaining about his mate getting sent off for using homophobic abuse towards another player. It's 2019 mate, get with the times.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 102
Ipswin
September 22, 2019, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from mariner91

I think he might be on his last legs full stop judging by the fact his face is generally a beetroot colour these days.

So, is he a white person or a 'person of colour'?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 102
Ipswin
September 22, 2019, 12:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Paris Mariner

And to the bloke complaining about his mate getting sent off for using homophobic abuse towards another player. It's 2019 mate, get with the times.

Its the fact that the term 'homosexual' is now regarded as homophobic instead of a really nice meat ball in gravy that's flipping stupid. If that's a sign of the times whatever next?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 102
Heisenberg
September 22, 2019, 12:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,037
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from mariner91

I’m a big fan of Alan Brazil, and it will be a sad day whenever he does bite the dust, but he makes absolutely no attempt to change his ways and lives life like every day could be his last. It can either be admired, or despaired at!

You would think that when Mike Porky Parry had his heart attack it would have made AB take note, but it didn’t one bit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 102
Rik e B
September 22, 2019, 1:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Some lefty nonsense that nationalism, wanting your country to be sovereign is racist. When did this suddenly become the case that love of your country is a disgusting act? But Scottish nationalism fine though I guess, just not British and definitely not English. Keep getting spoon-fed your George Soros inspired no borders spiel.

With the comments about the top government I guess you're also alluding to Brexit causing more incidences of racism, also nonsense, unless you listen to the EU funded Biased Broadcasting Corporation with its metropolitan staff force of course.

Things are getting better all the time, not perfect -I think it'll be a gradual process and people should stay vigilant and point out any isolated incidents should they happen at games.

I've heard plenty of racist remarks at Town games over the years, I think we were once pretty backward, maybe that was just because in our isolated little back water there weren't many coloured faces about or immigrants. But we seem to be getting with the times.

I remember when a was a paperboy the newsagent pointing out us on front of national paper with Les Ferdinand claiming BP was the most racist ground he ever played at and that it brought shame on us. Sure enough when I attended shortly after that time there was plenty of monkey noises whenever an opposition black player had the ball etc. But over time it's faded away.

Back then we wouldn't even sign black players but coming to the present day I do believe there is a kind of covert racism still around the stands in the form of a lack of patience for certain players of a darker skin tone. Especially if they genetically blessed with brutish strength and athletiscm (bigger muscles etc) to the level us indigenous Caucasians would struggle to easily achieve.

Examples would be The Shop, even Omar and now Moses Ogbu. It's like some are itching for them to fail, super quick on the trigger to critisce with a short temper over. Just dying for the opportunity to scream out they useless or lambast and my gut tells me this is at least in part because they 'big and black' (if I can say that just to illustrate. Now I'm not saying these kind of players should be immune from critiscm because if you do you racist, it's just a bit of a sense I get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.