Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 137 Guests

What can we do?

This thread currently has 16,100 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
September 22, 2019, 1:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
As for the women and people of colour being shoehorned into positions, I'm all for equality but it's daft when someone far better at the role is replaced just because they not female or of colour. That's not true equality then is it as really its discriminating against a human being for being male, middle aged and white.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 102
Rik e B
September 22, 2019, 1:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Ipswin

So, is he a white person or a 'person of colour'?

Is 'white' not racist as its a colour too, shouldn't it be a 'person of no colour' 🤔😅
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 102
KingstonMariner
September 22, 2019, 1:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The BBC is wholly funded by the licence payer. No EU funding.

As far as nationalism goes, it’s not love of your country. That’s patriotism. Nationalism means you set your nation above others. It aims to divide people into nice neat little boxes. It causes trouble because there are always areas where the population is mixed. It caused most of the major wars or was a big factor in it from the late 19th century to the mid20th. Don’t care whether it’s Scottish, English, Russian, German, it sucks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 102
lew chaterleys lover
September 22, 2019, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Plenty of people on here saying they have heard nothing at BP for years/ages. Unfortunately, it does happen at BP or within Grimsby supporter ranks. I heard two last season - one at Newport away and one at Yeovil Town away. There was also incident at BP.

The bottom line is the sooner the people travelling to games with these idiots call their mates out on it, the sooner it will go away. Until that happens it won't go away.

It would also help if football clubs saying over the tannoy before games saying "racism has no place in football" replaced that with "racism has no place in society."

And to the bloke complaining about his mate getting sent off for using homophobic abuse towards another player. It's 2019 mate, get with the times.

I would back my common sense against "getting with the times" any day of the week.

Nobody I know is overtly racist or homophobic, but the law of averages tells you some people, including footy fans will be. Once caught, they get punished.

As a more general point, we are seeing increasing cases of the high priests of PC correctness coming down to earth with a very large bump.

Harry and Meghan (don't fly to save the planet, but we will take private jets whenever we like thank you very much); Justin Trudeau (racism  is abhorrent in all its forms, but I can black up at a party) and MP's (I will honour the result but will do everything in my power to thwart it) is eroding trust.

Human beings have failings; they always will have failings and the important thing to me is to acknowledge the improvements we have made over centuries/decades and keep everything in proportion. The crusade that some people are on to make the world perfect is never going to work.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 102
September 22, 2019, 2:13pm
Guest User
“With the comments about the top government I guess you're also alluding to Brexit causing more incidences of racism, also nonsense, unless you listen to the EU funded Biased Broadcasting Corporation with its metropolitan staff force of course.”

My comment was about the current racist problems reported in the news that are football related. The post is nothing to do with Brexit or Politics. Yes, there is an increase, fact. I was making a connection between our government who have made racist comments, fact. With no recourse this abuse becomes normalized.
Reply: 24 - 102
hheh2
September 22, 2019, 2:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Guys football games sometime attract the lowest IQs people in the population. That's all it is.

The UK is one of the least racist place on the planet, if you believe the UK is a little racist you have been reading too many newspapers written by dogmatic political journalists playing the gender and race card for clicks and power.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 102
Ipswin
September 22, 2019, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rik e B

Is 'white' not racist as its a colour too, shouldn't it be a 'person of no colour' 🤔😅

Who gives a intercourse? I'm white and don't mind being called so, Brazil's red and sod all the other shades

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 102
grimsby pete
September 22, 2019, 3:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
The younger ones on here would not have seen the Black + White Minstrel Show.

Now that was racist !!!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 102
Theimperialcoroner
September 22, 2019, 3:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,169
Gold Stars: 102
Challenge it always. Be brave. Idiots who spout that excrement are not brave or smart enough to respond.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 102
Ipswin
September 22, 2019, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
The younger ones on here would not have seen the Black + White Minstrel Show.

Now that was racist !!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't though Pete because in the days of that show no one thought racially in respect of stuff like that.

It was an innocent show and those producing it or performing in it had no racial thoughts whatsoever.

Its like 'Zwaart Piet' the blacked up character who accompanies Sinterklaas in the Netherlands. There has been a huge argument, protests resulting in arrests in the last few years about the character being a racist insult to black people as its a white bloke blacked up. Its a centuries old tradition, the black face having evolved from a soot smeared face which Santas helper got going down chimneys. In many cities Swaart Piet is now banned or just allowed to dirty his face a bit.

Racism is much stronger and deliberately directed than the Black and White Minstrel Show, no one threw bananas or shouted racial abuse at the telly.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.