Grantham_Mariner
July 4, 2019, 10:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Its gone very quiet.................

...............someone must know something !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
You stripes UTM
July 4, 2019, 10:44am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
No news is good news.

"IT'S BOGLE! AGAIN!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
July 4, 2019, 10:45am
Guest User
Far too silent for my liking!!!

Takeover gone very very quiet, no news from Training Camp??

Off-Season is sh1t3
Reply: 2 - 71
LH
July 4, 2019, 10:50am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Town released a statement regarding the takeover last week saying that there are non-disclosure agreements in place. Unless you want to watch and try to comprehend interpretive dance performances for news you won’t get none!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
wuffing
July 4, 2019, 11:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
Silence is GOLDEN..

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
GrimRob
July 4, 2019, 11:14am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Which will happen first, Brexit or Fexit?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 71
wuffing
July 4, 2019, 11:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
Shoot it or boot it (the tyre)...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
1mickylyons
July 4, 2019, 11:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Plenty of rumours though and it`s the hope that kills you . The media have got Freemo up in lights again today and agin the stadium is mentioned and a huge part of the story. This isn`t going away it`s going to happen I am 100% convinced of that and in itself will rightfully bring the football club much needed outside investment. Sadly we are going to need to exercise patience and given Great Coates,PP etc that`s not an easy pill to digest but it is reality . We will be a Club on the up very soon and unlike many others we are one with genuine potential and a pretty much untapped population to fleece.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
pen penfras
July 4, 2019, 11:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Plenty of rumours though and it`s the hope that kills you . The media have got Freemo up in lights again today and agin the stadium is mentioned and a huge part of the story. This isn`t going away it`s going to happen I am 100% convinced of that and in itself will rightfully bring the football club much needed outside investment. Sadly we are going to need to exercise patience and given Great Coates,PP etc that`s not an easy pill to digest but it is reality . We will be a Club on the up very soon and unlike many others we are one with genuine potential and a pretty much untapped population to fleece.

I'm not sure that's true. We're well supported for the size of the Town, here's a site listing attendance as a percentage of town size [url]https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/league-two-attendances-dons-grimsby-2266318[/url] . We have a bigger area in terms of NE Lincs, but the teams above us also have lots of towns around them without football clubs.

Looking at league 1, we're still doing well.[url]https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/league-one-attendances-sunderland-portsmouth-2295902[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 4, 2019, 11:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Couple of trialists with town in Cheshire more than likely

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Very Quiet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.