This thread currently has 15,040 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
January 5, 2019, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
After a really romantic evening for me and the non-wife in Spoons not far from Selhurst I can say I am now just back.

Without doubt the performance of the season (that I have witnessed anyway). Talk about up against it!

The red is correct and booing Townsend for the VAR overruling the referee on the field is bizarre. That said I’ve no idea why Mr Atkinson hasn’t (to my knowledge) consulted a screen to confirm to himself that he made an error. I thought that  stipulation of VAR was a clear and obvious mistake can be overrulled? He clearly saw it and adjudged it to be a yellow.

All we can ask for as fans is the most effort a player can offer. We got that and more today. Outstanding.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 86
buckstown
January 5, 2019, 10:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Well I'm 65 and that's as close as I've been to crying at a football match for a long time. 83 minutes with 10 men against a decent premiership side and it was snatched away. Heartbreaking. However, what a magnificent, brave performance from our boys and everyone should be so proud of their efforts
Town fans were amazing from start to finish. Don't think I'll ever hear the name Andros Townsend again without smiling at the continuous chant every time he touched the ball. My grandson laughed so loud every time!
Well done boys, you made an old man very proud
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 86
ska face
January 5, 2019, 10:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,652
Gold Stars: 847
No idea how anyone could pay to watch premier league footballers each week. An absolute ballet of frauds, cosseted millionaires playing a game cultivated for highlight reels and YouTube clips. My head has fully fallen off at that VAR joke, every challenge looks worse if you slow it down and look for reasons to send someone off.

They’re fuccking welcome to it. Cuunts.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 86
buckstown
January 5, 2019, 10:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Didn't want to mention the referee on my other post but not sure he got too much wrong without seeing highlights. Premiership players look so much stronger that those in lower leagues and it looks so much harder to get the ball off them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 86
Mariner93er
January 5, 2019, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Stronger? They fall down if you brush up against them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 86
The Yard Dog
January 5, 2019, 10:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,497
Gold Stars: 74
The problem is that VAR SHOULD have been used in EVERY FA cup tie played or not at ALL, had the game been played BP with no VAR Fox would have been still on the pitch.

Typical FA inconsistent with everything they do, more worried about the foreign viewers, than the actual suppoters who have to travel to games at ridicious times.  In my opinion the FA is ruining the whole fabric, of this once beautiful game. For what Money, its says it will plough into grassroots football. I wonder how much the FA spends on accessors each week? I can tell you how most refs and linesmans have preformed, SH-T.

I had no time for the Premiershit, its just eroding the game, managers moaing playing to many games, treating the League and FA cups with no respect. Wanting winter breaks, Christmas football in THIS country is and has been a tradition, if you don't like our football schedule, then F--k-off, or wait a minute they like the MONEY, its not about the football anymore.

I am proud to a Mariner, was not able to go today, but the players, coaching staff and the travelling black and white army were AWESOME.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 86
Rick12
January 5, 2019, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fishyfanny
On the bus.

The team today totally worked their backsides off and they should be very proud of themselves, I know I am.

UTM
Good on them.Cant be easy being a lower league player with the uncertainty of it all.Hopefully this game will live long in the memory of many of the players .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 86
headingly_mariner
January 5, 2019, 11:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Great effort from Town. VAR can intercourse off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 86
Abdul19
January 5, 2019, 11:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Don't like VAR but having seen the tackle again I think it was a red so won't grumble about it. Anyway, the 88 minutes after that were superb; every man a credit to the club. Sure it looked like we rode our luck at times, but I honestly started to believe were we going to hold out for a replay - I reckon McKeown made more saves last Saturday than today. Great atmosphere and proud to be mariner tonight  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 86
lukeo
January 5, 2019, 11:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Good day out, players put everything on the line for the cause, Macca was emense, fans where amazing.. Gutted about the goal as I felt we did so well to hold them off for that long.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.